Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-09-2002, 10:41 PM   #1
BigD
the misanthropist

Ever race a big bore truck with doubled wheels?

Damn those things are fast off the line! I remember a few weeks ago I raced a tow truck with a 454. I beat him twice but the first time I had a hell of a time. He jumped a solid car length ahead of me off the line. I caught up and passed as we got up to speed. I beat him the second time but it was ugly. I did it out of principle but I wouldn't do that to my car again. It has almost racing slick 245 Michelins which were nicely warmed up at the time. I revved it to 4k and dropped on the green. Thank God for the Bilsteins - no wheel hop.

A powerlifting buddy of mine drives a Volvo 15 speed semi. 450 horse Cat diesel (I don't even wanna know the torque, gotta be 1200+). Does the quarter in "eventually" but one time he didn't have a load and he dumped the clutch at like 3k (not far from redline). The whole chassy twisted to the right and jumped so hard that I flew up and hit the ceiling (the bastard knew it and held on to the wheel). I felt like we were going to tip over. Wholly crap!

BigD
Old 11-14-2002, 07:19 PM   #2
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

those SOB's are FAST!!!! dullies are sweet though. i wouldn't mind the 2003 chevy silverado 3500HD.

Mr seville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 07:30 PM   #3
Slowered318
Powered by Budgies

Quote:
BigD
A powerlifting buddy of mine drives a Volvo 15 speed semi. 450 horse Cat diesel (I don't even wanna know the torque, gotta be 1200+). Does the quarter in "eventually" but one time he didn't have a load and he dumped the clutch at like 3k (not far from redline). The whole chassy twisted to the right and jumped so hard that I flew up and hit the ceiling (the bastard knew it and held on to the wheel). I felt like we were going to tip over. Wholly crap!
Holy crap i would never do that to my truck! you can bust a driveshaft like a pensil with the amout of torque thoes things have.

Reminds me of the time a took out a new highway tractor no trailer. this thing had a cummins signature 600 in it (600 hp 1850 ft/lb) when the turbo kicked in it would spin the tires at like 50 km/h on dry pavement. sick amouts of power!!! i was pulling away from cars at the lights.

A guy in town here has a 14 second diesel pickup with duels on the back. twin 3 inch exhaust
Old 11-14-2002, 08:19 PM   #4
BigD
the misanthropist

Yup. Totally useless (no real space in the back) and a huge parachoot when you leave the gate up but damn they're cool when done up!

I just might buy a piece of shit Chevvy 454 for shits and giggles!

BigD
Old 11-14-2002, 08:48 PM   #5
Slowered318
Powered by Budgies

Quote:
BigD I just might buy a piece of shit Chevvy 454 for shits and giggles!
My dad's "POS" Chevy 454 with 500 hp does 1/4 in high 12's

dont' know if i would pick on that with a 535? don't mean to flame here, but if your gonna knock muscle atleast knock the fords
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chevelle.jpg (58.8 KB, 85 views)
Old 11-14-2002, 08:56 PM   #6
BigD
the misanthropist

Like I said, a piece of shit for shits and giggles - which is straight line acceleration. If you wanna see what it can do as a REAL car, bring it to mosport against a 50/50 balanced, anti dive, thick roll bar, 4 wheel disc brake and 18" rim/40 series tire equipped car.

Since you own a bimmer I think you agree that straight line acceleration is stupid. Where the hell are you going to do it? On freakin Rathburn in a 40 school zone? A rocketship on a trailer for the dragstrip is fine. But it's not a car, it's a shits and gigles piece of crap.

I'm actually eyeing an 80something Impala with a 454 for $2900. I'm not gonna buy it but it sure would be fun to trash around!

BigD
Old 11-14-2002, 09:14 PM   #7
Slowered318
Powered by Budgies

I donno about "piece of crap" it's the kind of car that people run up to at the gas station and talk to you about your car (it frequents these places very often). Hot girls to you and guys give you the . not exactly a POS but he doesn't let me drive it so hey who cares! It's a Classic from the days when he grew up, when cops wern't around, the streets were for racing at night and every car had a V8. I give respect to the classic cars.. no respect for the 80's mustang gino cars and the rice rockets with slicks on the front. but that's just my opinion!

I'm with you I like the twisty roads too. but "straight line acceleration is stupid" i donno about that? most roads are strait and nothing feels better then being pushed into the seat by 500+ hp.

PS. i'll run your 535 at mosport

Last edited by Slowered318; 11-14-2002 at 09:22 PM.
Slowered318 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 09:27 PM   #8
BigD
the misanthropist

In THAT? C'mon. People that know maybe. But on average, I doubt anyone cares. A vette is different.

Yeah, you get pushed into your seat up to what? 60 kmh? OH NO, not 80 km/h??? Beyond that is reckless and stupid. That's what I meant. On the dragstrip, great. Keep it off the street.

Oh I'm sure you'd run my 535 at mosport but who's gonna let you??? I'm just beginning so I'm not too much of a threat but I've seen what the car is capable in experienced hands. The car is has more potential than the 3 series. You probably know Bruno. All he has is a few relatively minor engine mods. He beats M3's at the track EASY (straight line isn't so easy but overall at the track, no problem - no comparison in the corners). All it needs is some more power to keep up with Porsche's. A couple of guys in the states have taken care of that. One with a twin turbo with 450 hp at the wheels and another guy with a supercharger. You've probably heard of him. Redfive Motorsport. Even before the supercharger he was smoking corvettes. Check out his site for videos (stick a .com on the end of the name).

Sorry for the rant, I'm a huge fan of the E34 535. I should also say I think the E30 is also one of the last classic looking bimmers. I'd snatch one up if it fell in my lap.

BigD
Old 11-14-2002, 09:40 PM   #9
Slowered318