Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-23-2006, 03:44 AM   #31
subydude
2nd Gear Member

cool...

last year at a car meet I met this guy with a s850Trurbo pushing 500 hp! Volvos are no joke and this new R series is just hawwwt
subydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:12 PM   #32
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
S60R's are sick. I whenever I see them, I can't help but stop everything I'm doing and roll down my window. How much do they cost in CAD? (I'll do the conversions to USD)

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:44 PM   #33
subydude
2nd Gear Member

They are sweet

They start at $65K Canadien. Vs a M3 at 76K
10 k diff. You can easily put 3 k in a R and make it rip a M3 all day
Old 06-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #34
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I've always liked Volvo's somewhat, but ever since I started driving one daily, and my dad got the S70T5, I REAALLY started liking them. They are really awesome cars.
The T5 is stupid fast on the HWY, but I HATE the FWD.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #35
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
I've always liked Volvo's somewhat, but ever since I started driving one daily, and my dad got the S70T5, I REAALLY started liking them. They are really awesome cars.
The T5 is stupid fast on the HWY, but I HATE the FWD.
Amen to that. Anything over 300HP, which is really easy to obtain with bolt-on mods, will give you wheel spin in 1st or 2nd gear at full throttle. I have just under 300hp and I can't use full throttle in first gear without getting lots of wheel spin. Most of my FWD buddy's who run big turbos opt for R compounds. They no longer have traction issues, just torque steer

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #36
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

No wonder they equiped all the Turbos with traction control. Even with it, sometimes the wheels spin like mad.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Toys
Old 06-06-2006, 05:36 PM   #37
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
No wonder they equiped all the Turbos with traction control. Even with it, sometimes the wheels spin like mad.
I don't know how the TRACS works with the N/A models, but for the Turbo, they don't do anything. My wheels spin reguardless of whether or not the TRACS is on. What the car really needs is LSD and some grippy tires.
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:36 PM   #38
subydude
2nd Gear Member

And the R has the haldex AWD

system.. no Tourqe steer there!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #39
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
I don't know how the TRACS works with the N/A models, but for the Turbo, they don't do anything. My wheels spin reguardless of whether or not the TRACS is on. What the car really needs is LSD and some grippy tires.
You are right. Once the tubro on my dad's car really kicks in, the traction control is useless.

Toys
Old 08-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #40
B7S4
1st Gear Newbie

"I read about the S60R and it's capabilties the more I get impressed. A exhaust/downpipe and chip $3k will give you 380 Hp!! This car is pretty sick how come nobody knows about it?"

- It's pointless to modify your car. YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR WARRENTY! Then your stuck with a S 60R that's worthless. The more forced induction, the quicker it will break. My advice save your money, buy an S4 or an m3. Perfect stock, extensive warrenty, no hassles! Can't beat the germans. Period.
B7S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #41
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B7S4 View Post
"I read about the S60R and it's capabilties the more I get impressed. A exhaust/downpipe and chip $3k will give you 380 Hp!! This car is pretty sick how come nobody knows about it?"

- It's pointless to modify your car. YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR WARRENTY! Then your stuck with a S 60R that's worthless. The more forced induction, the quicker it will break. My advice save your money, buy an S4 or an m3. Perfect stock, extensive warrenty, no hassles! Can't beat the germans. Period.
That's the stupidest thing I've ever read. Adding power to any car that isn't built for it will accelerate wear. Cars that come stock with more power require more maintainence as well. The S4 and M3 both costs more than an S60R. The S60R isn't the best platform for a powerful car, it's HUGE and weights over 5000lbs! My Volvo 850 Turbo costs about $15K to build including the purchase price. It has more than 300whp and it runs very reliably. A decent example of a car that's modified with a good amount of power, built with a bit of knowledge and smalls amounts of money. I respect cars that are powerful from the factory, but everyone knows it's specs and in the end, it's just not as fun. I don't want to insult anyone who enjoys stock cars, but they are boring! Unless you get into hyper cars that costs ridiculous amounts of money. Always just seems like people simply lack the knowledge to modify cars.

Bottom line is, you have to pay to play. As my friend always says, anything that feels good usually breaks stuff.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 08-29-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:59 AM   #42
arsevader
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotechnica View Post
The S60R isn't the best platform for a powerful car, it's HUGE and weights over 5000lbs!
For sure. Our 850R Wagon is fast on the highway but it's like an elephant on adrenaline. It's big and eats summer tires for lunch.
'03 320i
'96 Volvo 850R
arsevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #43
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by subydude View Post
Audi S4 Avante. V8 340Hp
Now thats a car........for my wife I'll bring it by the meet one day.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #44
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
Quote:
Originally Posted by B7S4 View Post

You come onto a forum where almost everyone has modified their car, some to an extreme extent (myself included) and this is what you come up with for a first post. You sir, must truly be retarded.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #45
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

He sounds like a car salesman with really poor grammar

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: