Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-11-2006, 12:56 PM   #16
digiital
5th Gear Member

So what are the specs Justin? Was that a indash stereo? Or a VGA display?

btw, what sound track was that? Really liked it.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain
digiital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #17
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious
very very nice dude. i didnt know you had nes
you know I don't really talk about mods until asked about them. Had NES in the car for around 2 years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E.
i knew you had the NES in there Justin but when did you put the PS2 in?

btw what in dash unit are you using? i need to start workin on some ICE for my car after the rims and tein's get swapped in
The PS2 slim went in around Jan/Feb from another maX member. I sold the controllers/games and ended up paying $40 for the PS2. The PS2 is completely hidden, and the controllers are RF wireless. So anyone in the car can play without cords making things messy.

I'm using a Sony XAV-7W headunit. When you're ready for your iCE, let me know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_powered
hey justin were'd u get the indash ?? i wouldent mind picking one up soon
Picked it up from another maX member many years ago for a killer deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimillion
Thats really nice, you wouldn't be posting a DIY on this will you? :$
It would be a novel to be honest, a lot of it is trapped in my little DIY brain. There are so many wires, connections, relays, it's ridiculous the install really is home-made. I designed/built the whole nightvision cameras myself... they weren't store bought, here's some info on how I designed them: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...0&postcount=12

This is only the in-dash visual part of the iCE install.. there's a lot more that I didn't (and would not) show over the internet to people. But it's a lot more complex. It'd probably be best to post up your ideas and we could all help you along the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30
any day time pics?

i've never really seen your setup yet.
Not really.. there's a lot that I don't show on purpose. The only pics of my car in circulation scattered throughout this thread: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57742

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiital
So what are the specs Justin? Was that a indash stereo? Or a VGA display?

btw, what sound track was that? Really liked it.
RCA TFT, I had a Lilliput VGA screen hooked up to a in-car computer around 3 years ago... too much hassle, too messy. After that I went to an XBOX install running Linux, still too messy. I like everything hidden and still relatively stock-looking. The specs of the entire iCE I'd rather not share over the internet. But it's basically just headunit/surround sound controller/wireless ps2/nes/amps/components/subwoofers/custom enclosures/upgraded wiring/bass controller/IR lights/homebuilt cameras/camera control circuits/parking distance control sensors and displays/XM radio unit/CD changer.. you know, the basics. But again, a lot of the stuff is not brand name out of a store.. it's homemade.

The song in the video I composed myself... it's my own tune.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #18
kerisabe
Capturing the Impossible

wow, great job Justin! I really2 like it. And the NES, that's classic.. the first ever console ive ever owned.. the good ol' days.

U should also hook up an interior camera which functions/records the surroundings of the car and of course the interior when the car is locked. That'd be sick.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #19
digiital
5th Gear Member

Very nice on the limited specs Justine, Ok now post the whole audio track! Very well done.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain
digiital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:47 PM   #20
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
Justin bought the PS2 Slim from me last January.. I'm glad that its being used just like what he said back then Keep up the good work justin.

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:35 AM   #21
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
you know I don't really talk about mods until asked about them. Had NES in the car for around 2 years now.

The PS2 slim went in around Jan/Feb from another maX member. I sold the controllers/games and ended up paying $40 for the PS2. The PS2 is completely hidden, and the controllers are RF wireless. So anyone in the car can play without cords making things messy.

I'm using a Sony XAV-7W headunit. When you're ready for your iCE, let me know...

Picked it up from another maX member many years ago for a killer deal.

It would be a novel to be honest, a lot of it is trapped in my little DIY brain. There are so many wires, connections, relays, it's ridiculous the install really is home-made. I designed/built the whole nightvision cameras myself... they weren't store bought, here's some info on how I designed them: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...0&postcount=12

This is only the in-dash visual part of the iCE install.. there's a lot more that I didn't (and would not) show over the internet to people. But it's a lot more complex. It'd probably be best to post up your ideas and we could all help you along the way...

Not really.. there's a lot that I don't show on purpose. The only pics of my car in circulation scattered throughout this thread: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57742

RCA TFT, I had a Lilliput VGA screen hooked up to a in-car computer around 3 years ago... too much hassle, too messy. After that I went to an XBOX install running Linux, still too messy. I like everything hidden and still relatively stock-looking. The specs of the entire iCE I'd rather not share over the internet. But it's basically just headunit/surround sound controller/wireless ps2/nes/amps/components/subwoofers/custom enclosures/upgraded wiring/bass controller/IR lights/homebuilt cameras/camera control circuits/parking distance control sensors and displays/XM radio unit/CD changer.. you know, the basics. But again, a lot of the stuff is not brand name out of a store.. it's homemade.

The song in the video I composed myself... it's my own tune.
thanks dude, car looks sick, hope to see it some day at one of the meets or when im cruising around
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: