Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-09-2006, 10:44 PM   #1
keke_167
2nd Gear Member

rims from ebay

is it a good idea to buy rims from ebay. i mean they have staggered options and some look really nice.
keke_167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

if they're used it's hard to really tell anything from a pic...

check the sellers feedback out & how long they've been on there...
Old 05-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #3
bimmer318ti
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to bimmer318ti
post link
Old 05-10-2006, 12:04 AM   #4
keke_167
2nd Gear Member

linke

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RVM-5...61462066QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-1...61656138QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-BM...62014779QQrdZ1

these are three links that look interesting
keke_167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:13 AM   #5
BMWF1

^^ shipping rims to canada will hit you hard in taxes
Old 05-10-2006, 01:26 AM   #6
BennyL
7th Gear Member

the shipping is just not worth it

My Ride: E36 318 Convertible - Black Ext. Peanutbutter Int.
BennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #7
BMWFORLIFE
Technoviolet Shifting

dont listen to these guys....ship them to the buffalo border...than go to an shop in the U.S put them on your car and then when you cross the border with your stock tires in the back tell them you left them at your gf's house in the states...and your just picking them up...haha they wont know the difference...or buy a shirt and declare that instead...
Old 05-10-2006, 01:17 PM   #8
xBMWx
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to xBMWx
Check your PM I've saw a guys from montreal who sell exactly the same rims for a little more but a way less in shipping/customs you should contact him.
xBMWx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #9
BMWF1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFORLIFE
dont listen to these guys....ship them to the buffalo border...than go to an shop in the U.S put them on your car and then when you cross the border with your stock tires in the back tell them you left them at your gf's house in the states...and your just picking them up...haha they wont know the difference...or buy a shirt and declare that instead...

oh yeah thats a great idea..... Just lie to customs, I mean there idiots, they won't know that you have brand new tires and rims by just looking at them.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #10
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF1
oh yeah thats a great idea..... Just lie to customs, I mean there idiots, they won't know that you have brand new tires and rims by just looking at them.

If you ship to buffalo etc, just claim it, and pay the taxes and duty, show your ebay receipt as proof. Not worth the risk.
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #11
BMWFORLIFE
Technoviolet Shifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF1
so your telling me if i have clean rims and tires....there going to make me pay duties on it because they are unsure?

It's been done many times my friend
Old 05-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #12
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
guysl, BMWF1 knows everything. seriously. he invented customs, and knows exactly how it works.

(i just did this with my buddies porsche the other day, they didn't ask any questions, even though we had steelies in the back)

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #13
Big T
94 318is

Don't get too scared, I just bought rims off ebay, shipping was $185 US, but since he marked down that the rims were only $200 us, they were actually $400 US...I only paid $38 CAN taxes.
I have the pics to prove they got here, only took 3 days too, but I won't be posting them up yet
Old 05-10-2006, 07:34 PM   #14
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

My buddy was charged $6x for 4 supra rims from Pennsylvania to Ottawa...weird...

I wouldn't worry about the rims you posted, they all look brand new from a shop or something, they are not used, so you know the condition is great...

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #15
BMWF1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
guysl, BMWF1 knows everything. seriously. he invented customs, and knows exactly how it works.

(i just did this with my buddies porsche the other day, they didn't ask any questions, even though we had steelies in the back)
when you drive between Canadian and US customs several times a day for the past 5+ years, you seem to know a few more things then some jackass secluded in Toronto thinking he can pull a fast one.

Its defenetly been done before.....they can also pull you over rip apart your car and impound it. Why, because they feel like you may be dishonest. I've brought over rims before and usally I just leave the rims at my place in the US and bring them over one at a time if I need too.

Theres tons of Geniuses' like you. I know many of them, also I know alot of customs people. I know what they look for, and they are defenitly not stupid.

AND YES they can defently make you pay for the rims. Even if you don't show them a reciept, I brought over a 1 speaker, that I bought a long time ago, they asked what i was doing with the speaker, I told them it was getting repaired. They asked for the original reciept ... didn't have it at the time, "how much is the speaker worth" ... me .. around 300.....OK, your paying taxes of 60. That was back in teh day.

Also, don't think they don't know how to use ebay. My good friend steve works on the canadian side.....Heres what happened....Guys comming across back into canada. Bought a In-dash flip out. Got pulled over randomly, in the trunk was the old radio. My buddy Steve askes "Why do you have your old radio in the trunk?" .. guys .. yeah we had this spare sitting around. .. him "did you guys buy teh new radio?? " .. .them " oh yeah, we got it on ebay it was 200" hands him a print out of the auction. ..... they go inside, sits them down, goes onto the computer, flips it around to the guys and says "why don't you go ahead and log onto your ebay account right now so that I can see what the amount was?" guys log in, turns out the deck was 1200....BUSTED!! ,,,, fine was set at 5000.

So yeah, pull that fast one maybe you'll get lucky, maybe you'll be complaining like jstalin about his customs problems.

Anyhow, good luck with your rim purchase.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: