Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-06-2006, 01:06 AM   #1
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

E39 Audio Issue (Amp)

Amp on my e39 is dying, radio plays ok for a while (5-10min) then noise starts (from the rear speaker) like there's short in the amp.

I went to audio place and they said the best thing to do is to put in an aftermarket deck. They have an ok bracket too but the whole thing has to go out, so the area where tape deck is and everything under that (where yoiu set time/date, check for fuel economy etc). I would REALLY want to keep stock look, but don't want to pay around $1000 for new bmw amp, and aparently they can't change it with an aftermarket one. Also, CD changer doesn't detect CDs but I only tried one CD, it might be same issue (amp). When I press that button that is supposed to change between tape and cd changer, it only says NO TAPE.

What can I do??

I'd like to keep stock look and all wheel controls. So, if possible, avoid putting in new deck, and just fix amp.
Redster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: