Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
burnhard22
4th Gear Member

turbo help

Hi all. I need help with my turbo.Ever since i have had it there's been issues.
Mark D tried to help but was unsuccessfully. I believe it's a timing issue but just can't nail it down. when I am on the trottle and hit approx 4000rpm there is a flutter sound and lack of power but if i'm easy on the throttle it does go thru but still flutters. Any good people/shops the you can recommend. could it be the MAFS?
I just want to be able to go thru all the gears without issues. after all it was to be a bolt on kit from Mossellman.
let me know techies,pls.
later
Old 04-23-2006, 01:18 PM   #2
Euro_E30
6th Gear Member

how much boost are you running?
Old 04-23-2006, 02:31 PM   #3
Furious
BMW again.

do you have a blow off valve? sounds like a leak somewhere?
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
_DIESEL_
2nd Gear Member

You are probobly maxim out your MAF if that's an issues you will have to get a voltige clip or make your own

How is your A/F it sounds like your leaning out at high rpm and full boost

What's kind of setup your running?
Old 04-23-2006, 10:27 PM   #5
Mr. M-Tech
2nd Gear Member

PM MOTRONIX. He'll be able to help you out.
Mr. M-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:42 PM   #6
bubsy12
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to bubsy12 Send a message via AIM to bubsy12
Are you using a manual boost controller?

If so i'd say check that first, remove it and run a straight vacuum hose to the wastegate. I had the same sounding problem... turned out that the MBC was not working correctly and caused the wastegate to stick open (thus the fluttering sound and lack of power since its dumping exhaust gases). If you don't have a MBC i'd say check the wastegate directly first.

2008 Toyota Rav4 V6 AWD Sport - Daily Driver -

www.SpoolnU.com - ALPHA. SIGMA. BOOST.
bubsy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:42 PM   #7
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor

Come by the shop or give me a call, and I am sure I can figure out your problem. I have alot of FI experience.

Rocco

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors
RMPMOTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:57 AM   #8
Miguel
...Delt Smash

+1 for Rocco and RMP
Old 04-24-2006, 08:47 AM   #9
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

its the same problem that me and my boys were having.

its the maf sensor related. the stock computer cannot see the boost, once it sees it thinks that somthing is wrong and put the car into limp mode(retard the timing). few things can be done, one of them is using missing link between the sensor and throttle body to release the pressure to blind the sensor so that com wont see the boost. OR you could use the s-afc to re set the map voltage setting. I dont know about your car but one the project car im doing, its suppose to be less then 3.0v but when it hits the boost it goes over and throw out the engine code and car goes into limp mode.

one your car, im sure its not using map sensor but something else, find out what it is, and same thing, measure the voltage and find out what it suppose to be. then reset the voltage or use missing link or check valve to correct the number or pressure to within its limit.

what engine is the turbo for? m42? if so how much boost are you using?
also did you upgrade the injector and pump? and whats controlling the fuel delivery system?
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:14 PM   #10
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnhard22
Hi all. I need help with my turbo.Ever since i have had it there's been issues.
Mark D tried to help but was unsuccessfully. I believe it's a timing issue but just can't nail it down. when I am on the trottle and hit approx 4000rpm there is a flutter sound and lack of power but if i'm easy on the throttle it does go thru but still flutters. Any good people/shops the you can recommend. could it be the MAFS?
I just want to be able to go thru all the gears without issues. after all it was to be a bolt on kit from Mossellman.
let me know techies,pls.
later
The only reason I never got it right is you have to leave the car for at least a day or two, not expect to drive it home 2 hours after you show up! You never seemed to have any real time to dedicate to this, just tried to fit it in to your busy schedule. There's no reason I couldn't make this work if you actually left it for me to see what's going on with it. I don't think anyone else is going to have success either if you drive buy for one or two hours.

Your car had other issues, like the screwed up fuel pump and rising rate FPR the other guy added etc. I don't appreciate you saying I could not get it running, when first we had to get the other issues solved.
Your car can easily be tuned to run properly, but not in 2 or 3 one-hour sessions, which is all I spent.
My plan was to convert your AFM system to a MAF, which is much better for FI cars. Anyway, good luck elsewhere!

Thank for the feedback.

MarkD

Last edited by MarkD; 04-29-2006 at 06:23 PM.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:22 PM   #11
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
did you upgrade your fuel pump yet?

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #12
burnhard22
4th Gear Member

To Euro E30

low boost 4-5psi
Old 05-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #13
burnhard22
4th Gear Member

Blow off valve=yes Not sure about any leaks at this point.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #14
burnhard22
4th Gear Member

MArk-response

Mark,
Don't take it personally. All I said was that it was working out. In regards to my schedule, I would make myself available or give the car to you if you told me the problem would be corrected over a certain time frame. I know the car had/has some other issues but that's part of tuning, atleast when trouble shooting as far as I know. I also assumed over a 3 year period there might have been something you could have done to correct the problem or head me in that direction but the contact seemed to deteriorate if I wasn't the initaing it all the time. Moving forward, if you still think you have something to bring to the table or can solve the issues over a certain time period, please let me know and I would be happy to meet with you again. I was just trying to get some/any input as I know guys are ruuning turbos with the same engine and must of had similar issues. What kills me is the Mossellman said the kit was bolt on-which doesn't seem to be the case. Mark, you are still on my Christmas card list or atleast your still one of my favourite M5 drivers on Danforth..lol
Ben
Old 05-01-2006, 04:32 PM   #15
burnhard22
4th Gear Member

DJ-reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcontra
did you upgrade your fuel pump yet?
Fuel pump upgraded. I believe this is where 1 of my problems lie.
Too many chefs in the kitchens...I have 2 fuel pumps that I know of a stock 1 and a Porshe fuel pump of some sorts. It was a quick fix to aviod running lean by my old mechanic. He also has a rising/fluctuating but I took out and put the stock one back in running 3bar as I was told to do by Mossellman and Mark D. I just want to bring it to 1 shop that knows what they are doing and not get raped to get it running as for the most part it is in just running like crap. Eg. at 4000rpm I get major hesitation in almost every gear when hard on the trottle. I'm almost ready to throw the f'er in the garbage as I was getting better track times with a stock engine with minor mods.
Tanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: