Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-03-2002, 12:54 PM   #16
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd
Ok, I've already looked into this topic extensively long ago with regards to the E30 headlights. The ONLY E30 lights that will allow this are the European Ellipsoids. They have a smilie thing inside them and are only available in Europe. Those can be taken apart, not the U.S. ellipsoids.... trust me.
he's right...the only way you can do them on the u.s e30 is if you use those gay stone chip guards...they look like crap..heres a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stngrd3.jpg (7.4 KB, 242 views)
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:10 PM   #17
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Well we would offer something for the E30 eventaully but now we are concentrating on the E36. Last night I got the stock us spec headlights open without damage!!
Old 11-03-2002, 01:15 PM   #18
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

yea, for all you people who dont wanna buy euro ellipsoids for e36, we are making an angel eye kit for you as we speak. If you have ellipsoids, im 100% sure they will work. does anyone have a pair of used or damaged e46 headlights? they will be returned when im done.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:21 PM   #19
jeremy
6th Gear Member

the e36 rings you made look good
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:38 PM   #20
KennyTheGreat
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to KennyTheGreat
the cheaper the better
KennyTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:46 PM   #21
mkgino
6th Gear Member

The Kit will be a fair price, much, much cheaper than the Jim powell kit or having to buy Inpro angel eyes also. Remember too since we are located in toronto, you dont have to pay any import duties or taxes
Old 11-03-2002, 02:23 PM   #22
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
pf.. ill figure something out for e30s

maybe they won't be angel eyes but my light grill area will light up some how...

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 02:24 PM   #23
Daydream M3
2nd Gear Member

mkgino and e46_lover, IM still seeing if I can find the link for you.

You might want to experiment on the US spec lights first before you sell a product like this.....

Keep in mind the Euro ellipsoids have glass bezels from which the ring fits into...it wedges in a little crevice and remains in its place b/c of it. You would have to glue the Angel eyes to the US spec lights which might not be that good because the heat from the lens would melt the halo altogether..... also..what if you have to replace a bulb in the future? how would you get the glue off.

Also, where would you tap the wire into? The euro ellipsoids have a city light that you can tap into...US spec dont.....I suppose you could tap into the parking lights but you should really experiment on yours first before you start selling something.

Just some heads up!
Daydream M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 02:36 PM   #24
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Daydream M3

You might want to experiment on the US spec lights first before you sell a product like this.....

Keep in mind the Euro ellipsoids have glass bezels from which the ring fits into...it wedges in a little crevice and remains in its place b/c of it. You would have to glue the Angel eyes to the US spec lights which might not be that good because the heat from the lens would melt the halo altogether..... also..what if you have to replace a bulb in the future? how would you get the glue off.

Also, where would you tap the wire into? The euro ellipsoids have a city light that you can tap into...US spec dont.....I suppose you could tap into the parking lights but you should really experiment on yours first before you start selling something.

Just some heads up!
thanks, so thats what betray meant by melting...he never gave any detail really! lol, well yea we are going through extensive testing so we dont sell any faulty lights or lights than can damage your headlights.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 02:52 PM   #25
e30_325_s52
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to e30_325_s52 Send a message via AIM to e30_325_s52 Send a message via Yahoo to e30_325_s52
i lik them..can i get some
e30_325_s52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 03:34 PM   #26
bora
1st Gear Newbie

I have seen these installed on some VW's and there have been issues. Two months after they were installed they started to blister. Also the guy that sold them can not be found and has left a lot of people with useless crap. So be ready to eat your money if these fail.
bora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 03:40 PM   #27
e30_325_s52
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to e30_325_s52 Send a message via AIM to e30_325_s52 Send a message via Yahoo to e30_325_s52
bora...thx for the tip
e30_325_s52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 04:43 PM   #28
Furious
BMW again.

Gavin it looks pretty good,, im thinking im gonna see what i can possibly pull off..
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 05:44 PM   #29
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Daydream M3

Just some heads up!
All of this has been taken into consideration, if we come out with a kit then we will test all of this, dont worry. The kit wouldnt be out for a very long time, and all heat considerations would be taken into account. On and the rings fit right into the us spec lights same as the ellipsiods, I know I have both. Guys you worry too much, all tests will be made. We will come up with a very affordable kit.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:26 PM   #30
Daydream M3
2nd Gear Member

hey Mark....whats happening, havent talked to you in a while....if you're interested in these halos.... pm me, Ill help you out.
Gav
Daydream M3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: