Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #61
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
I don't understand why you guys still use a percentages for drivetrain losses.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:18 PM   #62
Furious
BMW again.

is there no way to really measure HP loss without taking the damn engine out and measuring crank hp and comparing to a dyno run with the engine in?
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #63
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Well, think of it this way Lets say a 190bhp dyno's at 170rwhp right. 20hp drive line loss, 12% loss or so.

Why would the same drivetrain at 357rwhp absorb 43hp all of a sudden for 400bhp (357 + 12%)? I understand there is more gear/bearing load on the drivetrain, but not over 100% more frictional loads.

My math skills suck, but still, you get the idea.

As a note, a 190hp e36 328i does dyno at 165-170rwhp (12-15% loss), hence the examples, M3's usually dyno at like 200-210, which is the same % loss, not 20%.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #64
Furious
BMW again.

i remember BidD's thread regarding that, i agree that it doesnt make sense but why does it seem that when people FI their car the kits say for instance 450crank hp, but when people dyno they only get like say 380wrhp. its an example and the numbers i made up, but wouldnt that almost constitute the claim that there is a drivetrain loss of 12-15% regardless of how much hp your car has?

but i have to agree with you Nelson it wouldnt make sense that a drivetrain will absorb the 12-15% if the HP went up and the drivetrain stayed the same.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #65
_DIESEL_
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul
Listen my car is a 325 with 10psi i made 460 to the crank. If that helps in any way. just bc its a 325 or 328 dosent mean u cant make big hp u just have to rum more boost. NO big deal
At 11 or 12 psi with the good nice setup that flows good you can get 360rwhp if your running a m3 motor 3.2L with this displacment yes and if your head has over 95 %VE flow. but for a 2.5L motor I can't see 360rwhp at 10psi even if is sprayed.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #66
paul
5th Gear Member

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthre...ght=pauls+dyno

In this vid the car made 325 or so. We pushed the car more and i got 360 to the wheels. I have no need to bs anyone, U have to remember my car is still high comp. It all depends on how it is tunned and the risk u r willing to take,

Now that i think of it maybe we should race each other. That might change ur mind.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:21 PM   #67
fukenricen
5th Gear Member

lets set it up

wooooooo woooooooooo
AntiRice
11.0@130mph
fukenricen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #68
_DIESEL_
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthre...ght=pauls+dyno

In this vid the car made 325 or so. We pushed the car more and i got 360 to the wheels. I have no need to bs anyone, U have to remember my car is still high comp. It all depends on how it is tunned and the risk u r willing to take,

Now that i think of it maybe we should race each other. That might change ur mind.
Is this on a 2.5L motor or something bigger.

My compression is 10.2 right now so if your saying i should have over 400whp at 10 psi if in your opinion everything is in compression my motor is 2.8L so more displacment.

you have to be running a biger motor i havent looked at the video i'm at work can't view videos but i will when i get home.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:28 PM   #69
b_w.
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DIESEL_
Is this on a 2.5L motor or something bigger.

My compression is 10.2 right now so if your saying i should have over 400whp at 10 psi if in your opinion everything is in compression my motor is 2.8L so more displacment.

you have to be running a biger motor i havent looked at the video i'm at work can't view videos but i will when i get home.

what kind of setup do you have? i thought i read on bf.c that you you have the audspeed kit?
b_w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:03 AM   #70
paul
5th Gear Member

Hell no audspeed kit, And my motor is a 2.5 NON VANOS. Read up on what that motor can do then comment,
Old 05-04-2006, 08:23 AM   #71
SickFinga

Quote:
Hell no audspeed kit, And my motor is a 2.5 NON VANOS. Read up on what that motor can do then comment,
What can it do??

It doesn't magically make more HP than 2.5 VANOS
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #72
paul
5th Gear Member

First of it makes more hp. second it revs up more. hotter cams valve springs are different etc etc. just read up on it. I dont c the need to prove myself to anyone of u guys. I was upset witht the numbers i got. If u guys think i am full of shit so be it. Put ur shit together then c what urs can do. The fact is no one on this site has the setup i have or tried the shit i have, So when u do then i think ppl can comment until then u guys are just dreamers,,,,,,,,,

Has anyone ran 30psi on a non vanos motor. Thats is stock?????????????????????
Old 05-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #73
SickFinga

Quote:
First of it makes more hp. second it revs up more. hotter cams valve springs are different etc etc. just read up on it.
I know all the difference between NON VANOS and VANOS engine.
I just dont see why non VANOS engine would make more HP than VANOS at the same boost.

Quote:
I dont c the need to prove myself to anyone of u guys. I was upset witht the numbers i got. If u guys think i am full of shit so be it. Put ur shit together then c what urs can do.
No one said you are full of shit

Quote:

Has anyone ran 30psi on a non vanos motor. Thats is stock?????????????????????
Didn't you blow your motor or I'm wrong?
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:07 AM   #74
paul
5th Gear Member

nope my headgasket went, but thats the name of the game with bmws. Just ask cardcounter how many he has blown, i wont even sy the hp i ran at 30psi, u can ask tony...........
Old 05-04-2006, 10:10 AM   #75
paul
5th Gear Member

u have to remember that it is all in the tunning, if i run my motor to the limits with 10psi it is going to make good power, u have to remember all the aa chips and tunning run fat on fuel and timing retarded like an s.o.b, if i run more timing higher comp, i am going to make more power then some guy with 10psi on the same motor with low comp running a chip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: