Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-28-2006, 10:01 PM   #16
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch555
Well... The turbo I am most likely gonna run is a KKK-27 (rebuilt) from a Porsche. It should spool up around 3000RPM. I was told it should be about 250rwhp and should be able to keep up with E46 M3's no problem... and it might even be faster.
Yes, 250rwhp is about right.
But if I were you I'd go with 3.0l than 2.5l + turbo.
Not gonna be as fast, but more potential down the road with better resale value.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:19 PM   #17
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
Yes, 250rwhp is about right.
But if I were you I'd go with 3.0l than 2.5l + turbo.
Not gonna be as fast, but more potential down the road with better resale value.
Trust me on this..... I threw the whole "Resale Value" thing out the window a long time ago. I don't care about my resale value. I never worry bout it. But my car is done with quality mods. I just do things to my car that are tasteful and to my liking. I just like the fact that I will be turbo. Hearing a *PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST* as I drive by is more pimp than just an M3 engine. Also I don't race. Just need something fast. I can make the 325 REALLY fast if I wish to anyhow.

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:36 PM   #18
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch555
Trust me on this..... I threw the whole "Resale Value" thing out the window a long time ago. I don't care about my resale value. I never worry bout it. But my car is done with quality mods. I just do things to my car that are tasteful and to my liking. I just like the fact that I will be turbo. Hearing a *PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST* as I drive by is more pimp than just an M3 engine. Also I don't race. Just need something fast. I can make the 325 REALLY fast if I wish to anyhow.

Anyway, out of your all ideas on how to make your car fast, turbo 325 with 8psi is my second least favorite, turbo 320 being number one.

But it is your car, so do what you want.

And to answer your question, will it be fast?

In my opinion NO, it won't be fast, but it is subjectional, since fast car to me, is something under 12sec 1/4mile

And 250rwhp e36 is going to be in low 13th. In today's world, its definitly not fast.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:30 AM   #19
Furious
BMW again.

im kinda on the fence about this. i think im leaning toward just doing the 325 turbo thing. its solid, less money and pretty damn fast. how much faster you want to be? i really have trouble finding places to really go fast with my setup. its nice that i have it, but for the money i probably would have done the same thing.. 325 with turbo , but i really didnt think about FI untill literally 4 months ago. i spent more than i wanted to but thats only because things pop out of no were sometimes.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:41 AM   #20
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
Anyway, out of your all ideas on how to make your car fast, turbo 325 with 8psi is my second least favorite, turbo 320 being number one.

But it is your car, so do what you want.

And to answer your question, will it be fast?

In my opinion NO, it won't be fast, but it is subjectional, since fast car to me, is something under 12sec 1/4mile

And 250rwhp e36 is going to be in low 13th. In today's world, its definitly not fast.

I think 250rwhp is enough fun to play with in an E36 when you are not worried about racing or worried about those extra .8seconds you could loose to be faster on 1/4 or whatever. Everyone has their own view on fast but to me... I don't race and am not anal about those low 12sec times.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2006, 05:44 AM   #21
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious
im kinda on the fence about this. i think im leaning toward just doing the 325 turbo thing. its solid, less money and pretty damn fast. how much faster you want to be? i really have trouble finding places to really go fast with my setup. its nice that i have it, but for the money i probably would have done the same thing.. 325 with turbo , but i really didnt think about FI untill literally 4 months ago. i spent more than i wanted to but thats only because things pop out of no were sometimes.
I'm surprised you didn't go Turbo. I personally don't like superchargers much... I'm nore of a Turbo fan. That is why I wanna do the turbo thaaaaang, plus it's more fun and sounds hot.

You think you'll switch later on down the road?

Quote:
Old 04-29-2006, 12:20 PM   #22
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
250rwhp is a 3.2L M3 engine with a cam kit, it'll drive better and be 1000x more reliable.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #23
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
I'm one of those people that like to install it and forget about it, that is why I'm very happy with my sc.. Plus, I can drive it daily with no problem, I even drove it in the winter for a bit.

Obviously, by your standards, my car is slow (similar to 328 acceleration wise)
But it's very fun to drive and I think it's the sound of it that really got me...

I think you should mod your 320 engine, Mitch, I mean, you'd be the only one with it.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #24
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
250rwhp is a 3.2L M3 engine with a cam kit, it'll drive better and be 1000x more reliable.
I think my set-up will be a little faster than a cammed up 3.2litre. I still don't believe that the cammed up 3.2 will give you 300hp engine hp. 280hp at the most.

I have plans on raising the boost for next year tho.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2006, 01:23 PM   #25
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
If you're going to turbo, get at least a 2.8L, they have forged cranks.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:42 PM   #26
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7
I think you should mod your 320 engine, Mitch, I mean, you'd be the only one with it.
I was seriously thinking doing this, but how much faster would I be than a stock 320? Plus I won't have as much torque to begin with. I don't think a 320 engine has much potential to go fast unless I drop A-LOT of money for internals. Plus I'm getting the 325 for cheap, and it has more torque and is closer to being near an m3 engine power wise. 325's have a lot of potential to be made really fast with a turbo anyhow.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2006, 02:00 PM   #27
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
If you're going to turbo, get at least a 2.8L, they have forged cranks.
Hmmmm... I don't have any access to any 328 for a good price right now. Plus it's not cheap to change it over to OBD1, I might as well wait for a 3litre m3 engine instead for the money I'd put in changing over a 328 to OBD1. Also, I am already doing a lot of things to my car so it's already expensive enough for this year.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2006, 02:07 PM   #28
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
buy me an s52 and a m52 will be right on the market

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:12 PM   #29
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
buy me an s52 and a m52 will be right on the market
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!

Quote:
Old 04-29-2006, 02:21 PM   #30
_DIESEL_
2nd Gear Member

With 8spi you will be pleased with your car just a better feeling then a N/A 250hp motor.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: