Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-18-2006, 07:57 AM   #16
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooner_dee
so your saying its too long? Ill bet 2-1 that the previous owner bought it and it didnt fit either so he sold it..

anywho im pretty sure the size is the same. my suggestion would be ditch it and get a new system.
Actually you're wrong. He bought the intake from me and I used it for two summers. I sold it when I parted my car.

This intake is a pain to install because you have to relocate the horn for it to drop down to it's proper location. This is how Carbonio designed it.
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:11 AM   #17
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

The temp sensors aren't really needed. You just zip tie them under the intake and forget about them. I did it like this for two years with no trouble.
Here's a pic of the intake after it was installed on my car. Again, you have to relocate the horn for it to fit.
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/atta...1&d=1075087613
Old 04-18-2006, 07:37 PM   #18
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

Thanks R-JAY, I thought I was gonna loose my mind trying to figure it out. Not sure if Im up for relocating my horn, and zip tying the sensor, but we'll see what happens. As for where you put your horn, thats where my cruise control module sits, so I dont want to start relocating everything in my engine bay. I dunno if theres anyway around that.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:06 PM   #19
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

It's really easier than it sounds. It was a pain for me because I did exactly what you're doing right now. It took me longer to look at it and scratch my head than it was to install it. And trust me on the sensor. It'll do no harm not having it plugged in.

The thing you're looking at in that pic is not my horn. It's where the PO put the horn for the alarm. My car never came with cruise but maybe Thinair could tell you the best place to put the horn. I hope you don't give up on this. I've owned 4 different intakes in the 5 years I had the car and this one was by far the best.

Here's the thread that I started when I didn't know what to do. Hope it helps.
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...light=carbonio

Last edited by R_JAY; 04-18-2006 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:44 PM   #20
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

Well I'll give her another go, when I get some free time to mess around with it. Thanks for the heads up.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: