Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-31-2002, 03:18 PM   #1
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Does anyone have narrower bolts for a 3er E36?

I have wheels which require narrower bolts. If anyone has any for sale or simply for me to test please let me know. I would appreciate it a lot.

I'm not sure if the wheels fit 100% yet so I need to put them on.

Thanks,

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 04:45 PM   #2
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
are the holes too small or does it screw in and just not screw in flush with the wheel because the head of the bolt is too large?

If it's because the actual hole is too small you might be able to get away with somebody drilling out the hole slightly larger with a special carbide or titanium bit

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 06:11 PM   #3
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
or get some one to turn them down for you on a lathe to fit right in
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 08:02 PM   #4
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by MP328
or get some one to turn them down for you on a lathe to fit right in
I've thought of doing that myself. However, the bolt did not fit into my drill. I will have to find someone with a lathe. Randy?

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 10-31-2002, 08:03 PM   #5
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra
are the holes too small or does it screw in and just not screw in flush with the wheel because the head of the bolt is too large?

If it's because the actual hole is too small you might be able to get away with somebody drilling out the hole slightly larger with a special carbide or titanium bit
No because of where the bolt expands it will not go into the hole at all. The hole on the wheels are too small for sure, but I don't think I want to drill a hole into my rims.

Bryan

Old 10-31-2002, 08:33 PM   #6
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

R U nuts! Drilling out he holes in the wheels! LOL! What kind of crack are you smokin'?!?! The balance on the wheels would be totaly fuc&ed unless you have precision tools and alot of time. Can you imagine if you screwed up and tried to bring them back! LOL!

Old 10-31-2002, 08:39 PM   #7
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by M50E30
R U nuts! Drilling out he holes in the wheels! LOL! What kind of crack are you smokin'?!?! The balance on the wheels would be totaly fuc&ed unless you have precision tools and alot of time. Can you imagine if you screwed up and tried to bring them back! LOL!

Haha, I didn't suggest that, DJContra did.

Hey I've been waiting for you to reply. I heard from Gamite that you used narrower bolts on your wheels. Could I ask where you purchased them and how much it cost?

Today I asked WheelsDirect and the guy said $4 each.. kinda pricey if I have to replace 20 of them.. 4x$20 = $80!

Bryan

Old 11-01-2002, 12:53 PM   #8
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
yeah i feel kinda foolish to suggest that now that I think about it
but then again i never thought of using a lathe to rethread the bolts.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 09:38 AM   #9
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Bryan,

My opinion on those "tuner" bolts from Wheels Direct: "I will never use those bolts if my life depended on it!" Why? They are chrome plated garbage. I had to shorten the long ones to mount my 18's. The rear bolts lost the threads because the torque pulled them off!

Now if they are a direct fit for your car I guess they should work but I suggest that you find a better quality bolt. Where can you find them? Good question. I don't have the slightest clue.

Dave

P.S.: Sorry for the late reply. I never got the notification that someone replied!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: