Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-01-2002, 12:02 AM   #16
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Guys! I'm not arguing! Sorry if I came across as being harsh! LOL!

And for the M3 comment...well if you are an owner of one then sorry. I just think spending that kind of coin you should expect noting but perfection? If they can't produce a top notch engine then why change it?

My $0.02!,
Dave
Old 11-01-2002, 12:07 AM   #17
IVAN
5th Gear Member

If Hondas do not break down why do not u switch to Honda..
Why do u wanna own a bimmer then?
IVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 12:12 AM   #18
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by IVAN
If Hondas do not break down why do not u switch to Honda..
Why do u wanna own a bimmer then?
Ivan,

I said I would never own a new BMW. Long live the E30's!

Dave
Old 11-01-2002, 12:24 AM   #19
IVAN
5th Gear Member

E30 rocks cuz it was made in time when they intented to create a bmw that will be for ever hehe.

Nodays it will not be profitable to make cars like E30 cuz company needs customers to come again but soon not every 20 years .

Anyways Honda is not close to Bimmers'
knee...
Old 11-01-2002, 12:27 AM   #20
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by IVAN
Anyways Honda is not close to Bimmers' knee...
R U shure about that? Yes their cars feel like driving a pop can with wheels but their engines are strong! I know of a GSR motor that takes a shit kicking every day ( ) and it still pulls like a mofo!

Dave
Old 11-01-2002, 12:34 AM   #21
mkgino
6th Gear Member

I assume that hondas have just as many kinks in the new models as bmw's do. Believe me, the only reason you hear it so much from bmw owners is because you dont expect a car that you paid a lot of money for to break down on you so much right? Right.
Old 11-01-2002, 12:39 AM   #22
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
I assume that hondas have just as many kinks in the new models as bmw's do. Believe me, the only reason you hear it so much from bmw owners is because you dont expect a car that you paid a lot of money for to break down on you so much right? Right.
How many Hondas do you see on the road? Now how many BMWs do you see? Not many BMW to Honda ratio. Now why do I always here about BMWs in the shop and never Hondas? It shure isn't because they are more expensive (to buy and repair), it is because they are lacking/slipping in quality.
Old 11-01-2002, 12:44 AM   #23
IVAN
5th Gear Member

I totaly agree with MKGINO....

Let me tell ya.... When they see BMW on towing truck they all butt when civic breaks down nobody gives a f_uck about it.... They just can say hmm " it's cheap what can u expect" hehe
real truth
Old 11-01-2002, 12:47 AM   #24
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by M50E30

How many Hondas do you see on the road? Now how many BMWs do you see? Not many BMW to Honda ratio. Now why do I always here about BMWs in the shop and never Hondas? It shure isn't because they are more expensive (to buy and repair), it is because they are lacking/slipping in quality.
BMW to Honda ratio in Richmond Hill is 100 to 1! haha.. seriously though, there are way more BMW's in richmond hill than honda. But what IVAN is saying is correct. Honda's have just as much problems only they are cheaper to fix. And please remember that Honda owners replace their cars every 4-6 years, BMW drivers drive their car's an average of 8-12 years or more! So obviously after so much time a car will break down no matter what. Try driving a Honda for 12 years and come back and tell me it looks as good as a 12 year old BMW.

Everyone always says the Honda engines are so reliable, anyone ever heard of a Honda with 400,000+ km? I don't think so, now look at BMW's, Volvo's, Audi's, MB, the engines can take that kind of milage.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 12:59 AM   #25
IVAN
5th Gear Member

nOt to say about frame and that BMW has a stronger body plus better interior then Honda..
You have to judge it over all..
Old 11-01-2002, 07:29 AM   #26
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:

R U shure about that? Yes their cars feel like driving a pop can with wheels but their engines are strong! I know of a GSR motor that takes a shit kicking every day ( ) and it still pulls like a mofo!

Dave
its an SiR motor...j-spec too!

and bryan, i know a honda thats reaching 400 000 and the body, interior is really good for daily driving...its on this board too! ask tlaselva, he owned the older style accords, and for your money they are awesome cars...my bro is also lookin at a 93 hatch..cuz he doesnt wanna spend a shit load of something goes wrong, thats another reason why my dad is holding off on the e46..i am definitly saving for a bimmer now (e36). but if i had the choice for a car that i didnt wanna do up, was reliable, and can take a beating...it'd be a honda

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 11-01-2002 at 07:31 AM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 08:27 AM   #27
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
its an SiR motor...j-spec too!
What are you talking about?
Old 11-01-2002, 02:47 PM   #28
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica

Julian I think that was only for the EVO7, that was the main reason it never came to North America. The entire shape of the front end on the EVO 8 had been changed, could be an improvement during crash tests.

Bryan
Its still a front mounted intercooler. I guess we'll have to wait n see.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 02:50 PM   #29
Gamite

THIS is a nice WRX.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:28 PM   #30
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:

What are you talking about?
which car are you talking about? i thought u were talkin bout the egg

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: