Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #16
Ant118
BmwAviator

^^ Was it the Silver one?

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Ant118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #17
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant118
^^ Was it the Silver one?
Yup it is..
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #18
static
6th Gear Member

i was there chillin' too, took a ride in Kev's car, he's truely mental! (in a good way ) - his suspension setup is awesome and not too punishing i found (albeit with stock seats that have good amount of padding)
Tom's car made everyone else's car sound like a grannymobile, thinair was going mostly sideways (which was very cool to watch).
There was quite a few of e46 boats and some other makes.
Too bad the orange Elise didn't participate

It was fun to watch, hopefully next time i will actually participate.

Alex
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:32 PM   #19
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Autocross results are up!

Whow I did pretty well when they PAX system factors in the times, however, I have to shoot Blake an e-mail as to why my car says Impreza WRX when it should be a Volvo 850 Turbo Wagon.

I know who was driving the Impreza WRX and he only did a few runs instead of all 5.

http://www.trillium-bmwclub.ca/site/...results.ax06.4
Old 04-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #20
rafiki
210k and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
Here are the list that I saw: Thinair (Me), Empowerd, E30 Girl, JazzM, M3ntal Kev, Crusher, Zim Zimma, Hound, Ant118, 328DTM, Autotechnica, LVP, Rico328, Kirasir. Anyone else??
I was there too - Beige 330i (E46 referred to as "boat" in one of the posts above)
'01 330i premium package - sahara beige on tan - oe clears - legal tint - manual tranny minus cdv - carbonio intake - aluminum strut bar - sport shocks with h&r springs - uuc camber kit, ss lines, tse3 & evo3 ssk+dssr+rob knob - shark injected
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #21
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
Man was that a fun event. Although I really had no idea how much smoke was really comming off my tires on the first run when I spun out until I went around the turn around point near the 400 and saw a huge plume of white smoke.

Just wait till May 7th, I'll have all 4 R-comps on and hopefully no ABS issues (M3 rear brakes and master cylinder).

I'm also glad to see the Schiller brothers out again

So how many people from max actually attended this auto-x, the turn out was pretty decent? Like 41 drivers registered.

Here are the list that I saw: Thinair (Me), Empowerd, E30 Girl, JazzM, M3ntal Kev, Crusher, Zim Zimma, Hound, Ant118, 328DTM, Autotechnica, LVP, Rico328, Kirasir. Anyone else??
What KIRASIR was there? I didn't see him.
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #22
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

I only showed up for about 10 minutes at the very end. Most of the people left by then.

SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
What KIRASIR was there? I didn't see him.

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:25 AM   #23
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by static

Alex
Set your alarm clock and make sure you come out. Its a really fun way to learn a lot about your car.

/// M3NTAL Kev

M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:39 PM   #24
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Anyone watch my 2nd run? There's a video link of it below. I got no time (DNF) on the Trillium site! I was almost positive I got a decent 2nd run. I cleared all the gates, what's the deal!? Granted it was messy and smokey, but I didn't miss a gate did I?

My run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgwiGo7zhE0

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 04-12-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #25
rafiki
210k and counting

Quote:
Anyone watch my 2nd run? There's a video link of it below. I got no time (DNF) on the Trillium site! I was almost positive I got a decent 2nd run. I cleared all the gates, what's the deal!? Granted it was messy and smokey, but I didn't miss a gate did I?

My run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgwiGo7zhE0

Bry
It seems like you missed the gate formed by the four cones in the front section of the course. In fact, seems you missed it twice. Let me try to explain:

From the start, right turn, gate 1 was just after the turn. Gate 2 is the one formed by the four cones in the middle, which was slightly to the left of gate 1. Looks like you went around it to the right and through gate 3.

You went through the four-cone gate going to, and returning from, the back of the course. However, you did not go through it while you were navigating the front. Sorry it is difficult to follow without illustrations, but you should have gone through that particular gate FOUR times...I only saw you go through TWICE in the clip.

This is just my opinion...anyone else?
'01 330i premium package - sahara beige on tan - oe clears - legal tint - manual tranny minus cdv - carbonio intake - aluminum strut bar - sport shocks with h&r springs - uuc camber kit, ss lines, tse3 & evo3 ssk+dssr+rob knob - shark injected
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #26
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiki
It seems like you missed the gate formed by the four cones in the front section of the course. In fact, seems you missed it twice. Let me try to explain:

From the start, right turn, gate 1 was just after the turn. Gate 2 is the one formed by the four cones in the middle, which was slightly to the left of gate 1. Looks like you went around it to the right and through gate 3.

You went through the four-cone gate going to, and returning from, the back of the course. However, you did not go through it while you were navigating the front. Sorry it is difficult to follow without illustrations, but you should have gone through that particular gate FOUR times...I only saw you go through TWICE in the clip.

Yup I think that sums it up.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Old 04-12-2006, 03:57 PM   #27
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
Quote:
Originally Posted by static
i was there chillin' too, took a ride in Kev's car, he's truely mental! (in a good way ) - his suspension setup is awesome and not too punishing i found (albeit with stock seats that have good amount of padding)
Tom's car made everyone else's car sound like a grannymobile, thinair was going mostly sideways (which was very cool to watch).
There was quite a few of e46 boats and some other makes.
Too bad the orange Elise didn't participate

Alex
sorry i didn't call you.. gotta caught up with work.

Hey alex how about next autoX we compete? can't believe i missed this one
Old 04-12-2006, 04:21 PM   #28
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiki

Really? I thought I did go though it 4 times. I actually thought I missed the gate right after the last part of the slalom, the one that's a tight right turn.

Anyways, thanks. I just wanted another opinion.

Bry

Old 04-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #29
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Really? I thought I did go though it 4 times. I actually thought I missed the gate right after the last part of the slalom, the one that's a tight right turn.

Anyways, thanks. I just wanted another opinion.

Bry
Hey Bry,

It's okay, I'm sure you'll do better next time. I think I may just do all the auto-x's this season instead of thinking about saving the tires :p

I can't wait for the next one.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:13 PM   #30
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328DTM
Hey Bry,

It's okay, I'm sure you'll do better next time. I think I may just do all the auto-x's this season instead of thinking about saving the tires :p

I can't wait for the next one.
Mike, you did very well! Stick with it!

/// M3NTAL Kev

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: