Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-03-2002, 07:20 PM   #46
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer

You ppl forget a large part of what the mustang is came from road racing!!!!

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 08:40 PM   #47
qwk325
6th Gear Member

dude say it backwars driver returns on foot DROF let him buy it when he gets pumped by a bimmmer he will know ( LOL )

just my $0.02 rust stang

COME ON DOWN !!!!
qwk325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 09:24 PM   #48
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Holy crap! Someone buy my E30 and I will get a 5L and show you how much of a fast car they can be once it is set up properly (and how low budget too)! And trust me I love torque!
Old 11-04-2002, 12:02 AM   #49
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by M50E30
Holy crap! Someone buy my E30 and I will get a 5L and show you how much of a fast car they can be once it is set up properly (and how low budget too)! And trust me I love torque!
With 20K invested into mods on a 4.6L Mustang, that car will hand any BMW it's a$$ on a plate.
The '03 SVT will do it stock!

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 12:10 AM   #50
moerom
6th Gear Member

You know what I like about this site and its forums?

These forums have generally level-headed guys posting. Think about it. Tony drives an M3, but he is defending a completely different car.

Why may you ask?

The answer lies in the fact that what is true is true.

Usually on other boards, members tend to rationalize their points of view which leads to massive flame wars, and eventually nothing gets accomplished.

After seeing countless flame wars and stupid posts on other boards, I can confidently say that the Maxforums are a very good place to be.

Tony is just one of the many guys who post the truth and not just bullshyte.

Just my $0.02

P.S.: Picture Day pics are uploaded to my comp and transferred to JPEG format (all done manually). It took forever because I had to remove the shots that didn't turn out. Now I need a place to upload them. Any takers?
moerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 12:35 AM   #51
mustangfiend
1st Gear Newbie

BMW - luxury car with performance
Mustang- performance car

I don't think these cars are in the same category and i dunno why certain ppl are comparing them. it's like comparing a vw bettle and a viper. of course if you put 50gs in the bug it's gonna beat the stock viper.
Old 11-04-2002, 03:27 PM   #52
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Thumbs up

just thought i should let everyone know... we have a new member of the BMW community... HE CHOSE THE BIMMER!!! BMW M3 98' light blue oooohhhh my god i'm jealous!hehe.. now i just gotta get him to join max and we're set hehe i knew he wouldn't go for that ugly heavy high performance fast american crappy muscle car

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 03:28 PM   #53
Polish
6th Gear Member

lol, sweet new members are always good, and a nice rip on the stang
Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 05:34 PM   #54
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
Originally posted by mustangfiend
BMW - luxury car with performance
Mustang- performance car

I don't think these cars are in the same category and i dunno why certain ppl are comparing them. it's like comparing a vw bettle and a viper. of course if you put 50gs in the bug it's gonna beat the stock viper.
I wouldn't put it quite that way; the cars were basically designed in two different generations, and the underlying Ford Mustang platform hasn't changed for over 20 years.

I'd look at it more like this: One is a battleaxe, the other a scalpel. Just like you wouldn't use a battleaxe for open heart surgery, a scalpel doesn't do much good in a war.

I've been on the track with heavily modified Mustangs and heavily modified BMW's. I have a heavily modified but severely underpowered BMW which will hold it's own against nearly any heavily modified Mustang out there... GT will attest to this.

I have less than 1/2 the rear wheel HP and torque his (former) car does...yet we turned roughly similar times at Mosport in September.

Now, take it to a track like SMP or Cayuga, and the situation changes a bunch, as the Mustang isn't able to use it's power to such a great advantage.

Or, dial in a little bit of wet weather, which is always the great equalizer between high HP cars and low HP cars. My BMW is pretty polar, while the Mustang is quite a bit twitchier...especially in the wet.

There is nothing *wrong* with either car....I love them both. Nothing matches the sound of a well setup V8..... and precious little feels as good as the ability to rev a car up to 7000+ RPM.

Both are good cars, and both a truly *performance* cars. I would hesitate to call the BMW a *luxury* car, simply because it really isn't one. BMW is doing it's best to turn it into a luxury car and less of a performance car, but the M3 was built as a pure race car from the ground up initially, and simply turned into a cash-cow for BMW. Unfortunately, it's now turned into even MORE of a cash-cow.....in more ways (weighs...???) than one.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 01:28 AM   #55
mustangfiend
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by GR8 Ride

I wouldn't put it quite that way; the cars were basically designed in two different generations, and the underlying Ford Mustang platform hasn't changed for over 20 years.

I'd look at it more like this: One is a battleaxe, the other a scalpel. Just like you wouldn't use a battleaxe for open heart surgery, a scalpel doesn't do much good in a war.

I've been on the track with heavily modified Mustangs and heavily modified BMW's. I have a heavily modified but severely underpowered BMW which will hold it's own against nearly any heavily modified Mustang out there... GT will attest to this.

I have less than 1/2 the rear wheel HP and torque his (former) car does...yet we turned roughly similar times at Mosport in September.

Now, take it to a track like SMP or Cayuga, and the situation changes a bunch, as the Mustang isn't able to use it's power to such a great advantage.

Or, dial in a little bit of wet weather, which is always the great equalizer between high HP cars and low HP cars. My BMW is pretty polar, while the Mustang is quite a bit twitchier...especially in the wet.

There is nothing *wrong* with either car....I love them both. Nothing matches the sound of a well setup V8..... and precious little feels as good as the ability to rev a car up to 7000+ RPM.

Both are good cars, and both a truly *performance* cars. I would hesitate to call the BMW a *luxury* car, simply because it really isn't one. BMW is doing it's best to turn it into a luxury car and less of a performance car, but the M3 was built as a pure race car from the ground up initially, and simply turned into a cash-cow for BMW. Unfortunately, it's now turned into even MORE of a cash-cow.....in more ways (weighs...???) than one.

Pat
I wasn't talking about a nicely modded m3 which truly can perform up to it's standards but i was just saying that if you take a GT and a 323i and put them head to head in a 1/4 mile we all know whose going to win. I would consider one to be a power car and the other one to have class if you ask me. I dunno how you would look at it.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:38 AM   #56
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:

I wasn't talking about a nicely modded m3 which truly can perform up to it's standards but i was just saying that if you take a GT and a 323i and put them head to head in a 1/4 mile we all know whose going to win. I would consider one to be a power car and the other one to have class if you ask me. I dunno how you would look at it.
And if you take a GT and a 323i and make them run through some handling tests, the 323i should win, so whats your point?? I think Pat was talking about taking both to a race track. With that being said both cars are being tested all around, for both their handling and speed, and it really would be tough to decide a winner.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:58 AM   #57
mustangfiend
1st Gear Newbie

Well i was just talking about the 1/4mile. I'm not here to debate wether a mustang is better than a bimmer or a bimmer better than a stang. I'm just saying they can't be compared since like you said one has better handeling and one has more power. That was my point from the beginning.
Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino

And if you take a GT and a 323i and make them run through some handling tests, the 323i should win, so whats your point?? I think Pat was talking about taking both to a race track. With that being said both cars are being tested all around, for both their handling and speed, and it really would be tough to decide a winner.
Old 11-07-2002, 02:23 AM   #58
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Well i was just talking about the 1/4mile. I'm not here to debate wether a mustang is better than a bimmer or a bimmer better than a stang. I'm just saying they can't be compared since like you said one has better handeling and one has more power. That was my point from the beginning.
Sure you can, and everyone does. I mean I know that both cars are in different classes, but when you take them on the track, you can compare the cars in an overall way. 1/4 mile stang wins. Handeling bmw wins, on a track where both handling and hp count, it would be a nice race.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: