Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-31-2002, 12:23 PM   #16
mike125k
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to mike125k

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
mustangs arent all HP, they are all torque...thats the thing i dont like, i hate engines that redline at like 6000...i like a lil higher at least 7500
you hate torque but like high hp? hp is nothing more than a function of torque. dynos do NOT measure hp, they measure torque and hp is calculated from a formula based on the torque and rpm of the engine. a Z06 redlines around 5500-6000 max same with an SVT Cobra and are you gonna say that doesnt make any hp because you cant rev it to the moon? those 2 cars will eat up any BMW even an M3 and M5. i love BMWs but i am also a huge fan of domestics as my father works for GM, my grandfather worked for Ford and i also work for Ford.
mike125k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 12:35 PM   #17
maverick
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to maverick
do you work for the truck plant in Oakville??
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 12:44 PM   #18
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Thumbs up hehe

My friend just got to test drive a BMW M3 98'... i think he's in love.. he's only 19!!! i wish i had loaded parents now were gonna go test drive some 2001 Mustang... Bullitt GT ... yeah.. the bimmer guy is asking $36 000 , and the 2001 mustang is only asking $32 000... i have alotta convincing to do

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 01:01 PM   #19
mike125k
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to mike125k
Quote:
Originally posted by maverick
do you work for the truck plant in Oakville??
no im from buffalo, ny. i worked at the ford buffalo stamping plant over the summer as a manufacturing engineer intern (i still havnt graduated school yet). we supply body parts for the windstar vans to oakville which is the assembly plant.
mike125k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 01:30 PM   #20
maverick
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to maverick
oh

common sence would say to me that a 98 car woth 36,000 is going to be a much better car then a 2001 for 32,000 it s called YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
enjoy
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 04:11 PM   #21
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by addbhp

Ditto, Why are you even comparing the two??? The two are completely different. A Mustang is a cheap way to have a lot of horsepower and with the right upgrades to suspension is a great car for the money.

BMW's as much as I love them are VERY HIGH priced, and you get what you pay for. Better finished cars with higher levels of engineering. Period.

My only concern with Mustangs, specifically the 5 litre is that all these young people go out any buy them with no understanding of how to handle the power and end up wrapped around trees.
My 2 cents.
i wouldnt say every bimmer is high priced...what bout e30? very cheap now, same with e36 they are getting cheaper by the day! awesome cars none the less...

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 06:19 PM   #22
Slowered318
Stuck in the 90's

Fags Out Rubbin Dick ---FORD

Bavarian Man Whore ---BMW

need i say more
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 06:36 PM   #23
moerom
6th Gear Member

Ok here we go: Domestic vs. Import

Here's the deal:

Both European cars and American cars have their strengths and weaknesses. The best American cars CAN hang with the best European cars. ZO6, Viper, GT40, SVT Cobra are a few examples.

Of course stock for stock I would take even a 325CI over a Mustang GT.

I don't understand everyone's (well almost everyone's) bias against American cars saying that they suck, can't handle, etc...
I challenge you to take on an SVT Cobra on the dragstrip and then around a road course. It will hand you your ass on a silver plate. MMFF tested one at 4.4 seconds to 60 and 12.9 1/4 stock stock stock. 11.8 with slicks and a Lightning pulley. Try modding an E46 M3 and you'll be holding your connecting rods in your lap. WE ARE TALKING NUMBERS HERE THOUGH. Of course I would take an E46 M3 w. SMG (Tony I LOVE YOUR) CAR OMG over an SVT Cobra anyday, but numbers never lie!

IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Drive what you like and tell anyone that doesn't like it to kiss your ass. And don't judge other people's rides because what you like is not necessarily what is a better ride.

The history of American vs. European cars is the reason their respective cars are built the way they are. American cars are big, fast, with less "tightness" (if you will), and prestige than European cars. This is because while cars were making their rise in the industrialized world, America had long, straight roads and LOTS of petrol (hence the monster muscle engines of the late sixties and seventies. Europeans have always had more refined taste (Europe was civilized before North America was), and their roads were not as bulgingly monstrous, and their petrol supply was not as "infinite". Both sides can make insanely well performing cars.

Back to my original point. It is all what you prefer. If you enjoy the rumble of a big block, all the more power to you. If you prefer a high revving I6, all the more power to you. Cars are not cheap and should be completely enjoyable.

Pardon any grammar mistakes. I just got home and had to jump in this thread...
moerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 06:38 PM   #24
Polish
6th Gear Member

that hurt man, that really hurt

but ill give you credit for trying, good comment

Last edited by Polish; 10-31-2002 at 06:42 PM.
Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 07:09 PM   #25
moerom
6th Gear Member

Sith, I meant no flame man!
Old 10-31-2002, 07:19 PM   #26
Polish
6th Gear Member

lol, man, i was kidding

you worded it that i couldnt take offence, best remark ive read cause you dont really take a side which is hard since u drive a stang yourself
Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 07:25 PM   #27
moerom
6th Gear Member

Je ne conduis pas un Mustang.
Old 10-31-2002, 07:56 PM   #28
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by moerom
Je ne conduis pas un Mustang.
No he doesn't, something better, the Lightning!

Hey Moe, told you, you need a sig!
Amen on your post.

(Now get back to ur studies!)

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph

Last edited by tlaselva; 10-31-2002 at 08:01 PM.
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 08:12 PM   #29
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by moerom

MMFF tested one at 4.4 seconds to 60 and 12.9 1/4 stock stock stock. 11.8 with slicks and a Lightning pulley.

Moe $hut the F**k up, I'm having a hard enough time not buying a Z06 or a SVT........Hummm............

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 09:05 PM   #30
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Just to add my two cents, my friend has a 2001 Mustage GT with a Vortec Supercharger. For the money, they're fast, his brakes need to be done (which logically would be the first thing to mod) but it handles half decently, and he's not the worst driver either.

I was blown away my how cheap parts are, but that's just the way performance parts go for cars with high modding demand.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: