Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-30-2002, 11:13 AM   #1
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Question Mustangs???

I just wanna know... what do you guyz all think about Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily ) MUSTANGS??? I personally hate them... It seems to me that they're all HP and nothing else... just one of these American shitmobiles... well.. except maybe the SALEEN... I know MANY of you would wanna tell me off right now.. so GO AHEAD.. my buddy wants to buy a mustang.. i've been trying to convince him for a bimmer but he has his heart set... maybe i'll find a new respect for them.. maybe not.. depends on the arguements u guyz give! must-hang

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 11:22 AM   #2
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
mustangs are fast in a straight line...thats' it

they mechanically suck

they depreciate in value quite fast

they are unreliable

I was gonna buy a mustang before my bimmer...I am soooo glad
I didn't....

just my 0.02 cents

kal
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 11:24 AM   #3
Polish
6th Gear Member

mustangs suck, they try to be sporty but they arent, same with firebirds, camaros and all other ****ing american cars, they dont have ****ing racing aspects, they're made for the yankee family that drives to best buy and back, the car is a big peice of shit, only thing is they pack it with a huge engine that for its size doesnt have **** all for horse power...same with a grand am, all those cars piss me off
Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 11:25 AM   #4
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Thumbs up !

hehe 2 for the bimmers ...hehe.. hey Kal.. u wanna knock ur two sense into my buddy's head!!?!?!?!

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 04:35 PM   #5
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

thats 3 for the bimmers...if i had a drag car, it'd be a mustang 5.0...but for a real car, definitly BIMMER! mustangs arent all HP, they are all torque...thats the thing i dont like, i hate engines that redline at like 6000...i like a lil higher at least 7500
its a stupid preference but thats just me..and also, its ford (found on road dead)

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:29 PM   #6
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

F- Found O- On R- Road D- Dead FORD
SpoolinS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:31 PM   #7
Polish
6th Gear Member

just thought of this right now

F - Faggats O - On R - Rear D - Drive

Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:37 PM   #8
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Well...I made the mistake of saying 5.0L's were all straight line, but they are not. If you have a chance to go to BMWCC @ Mosport you WILL see some fast Mustangs that would beat alot of import/euro cars in both acceleration and track times.

So don't be quick to judge. If the Mustang is set up properly (which most aren't) they are very fast.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:36 PM   #9
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
If your talking about the new SVT Mustang, who can criticize a car running high 12 1/4 mile runs stock? Read in a magazine that the handling on the SVT to be as good, if not better than the 2000 SVT Mustang that got rave reviews on it's handling. So theyre no slouch in the handling dept. either. Drop another 10 K in that car, and it'll likely run circles around any BMW. There are people modding these cars to over 600 HP with minor mods to the SC. Kids are driving to the track, do mid 11s, then driving home. That cast iron V8's can take an insane amount of HP reliably. Lets see anyone try to push 600 HP out of the S54 engine........... eh ya.

I read that Ford thoroughly tested the new SVT to withstand a minimum of 500 racing launches with the stock setup. There tests show that the average SVT can take approx 1500 racing launches before major damage to the drive train becomes apparent. Try that with an E46 M3...

If your looking for cheap, no fancy stuff HP, want a car that can be easily modded, one that you can take to Cayuga every weekend, an SVT Mustang, among another few domestics, can't be beat.

Different kind of car, with it's own strengths and weaknesses, like any other.

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 07:53 PM   #10
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tlaselva
If your talking about the new SVT Mustang, who can criticize a car running high 12 1/4 mile runs stock? Read in a magazine that the handling on the SVT to be as good, if not better than the 2000 SVT Mustang that got rave reviews on it's handling. So they’re no slouch in the handling dept. either. Drop another 10 K in that car, and it'll likely run circles around any BMW. There are people modding these cars to over 600 HP with minor mods to the SC. Kids are driving to the track, do mid 11’s, then driving home. That cast iron V8's can take an insane amount of HP reliably. Lets see anyone try to push 600 HP out of the S54 engine........... eh ya.

I read that Ford thoroughly tested the new SVT to withstand a minimum of 500 racing launches with the stock setup. There tests show that the average SVT can take approx 1500 racing launches before major damage to the drive train becomes apparent. Try that with an E46 M3...

If your looking for cheap, no fancy stuff HP, want a car that can be easily modded, one that you can take to Cayuga every weekend, an SVT Mustang, among another few domestics, can't be beat.

Different kind of car, with it's own strengths and weaknesses, like any other.
I think the car is mean as sh*t. I would hate to see someone with one reving at me at a red light, making me feel so insignificant.....oh man I can picture it now.....
Old 10-31-2002, 08:18 AM   #11
got torque?
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Well...I made the mistake of saying 5.0L's were all straight line, but they are not. If you have a chance to go to BMWCC @ Mosport you WILL see some fast Mustangs that would beat alot of import/euro cars in both acceleration and track times.
He's right. I know this thread is going to start a war, but the fact is that Mustangs can work very well at the dragstrip OR the race track. Mustangs are the most-raced cars in automotive history.

I drove one on the track for 5 years, and I can tell you that there are very few cars that can touch a well-prepared Stang on a road course. Off the showroom floor, they are garbage, but the 5.0 aftermarket is one of the largest in the world so fixing the brakes and suspension is easy- just takes $$$.

If your buddy has the money to buy brakes and suspension, he will have the most performance for the dollar around.

BTW, the new Cobra SVT is an absolute POS. Ford has ceased production of them because the quality level has been so poor.
There are overweight, overpriced, and handle like trucks.

Saleen Mustangs are poser-mobiles. Nothing but stickers and chrome for donut shop heroes. Saleen does nothing to fix the handling probelms that plague the Mustang's Son-Of-Fairmont 4-link rear-end. Any idiot can strap a blower on a car and make tons of power, but it's nice to be able to stop and turn sometimes too.

GT? (...Had Torque)
Old 10-31-2002, 08:38 AM   #12
addbhp
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
If you have a chance to go to BMWCC @ Mosport you WILL see some fast Mustangs that would beat alot of import/euro cars in both acceleration and track times.
Ditto, Why are you even comparing the two??? The two are completely different. A Mustang is a cheap way to have a lot of horsepower and with the right upgrades to suspension is a great car for the money.

BMW's as much as I love them are VERY HIGH priced, and you get what you pay for. Better finished cars with higher levels of engineering. Period.

My only concern with Mustangs, specifically the 5 litre is that all these young people go out any buy them with no understanding of how to handle the power and end up wrapped around trees.
My 2 cents.
2001 330Cic
addbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 09:26 AM   #13
maverick
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to maverick
those 3 fake air vents on the new ones are real nice too HA HA HA HA HA HA HA it is actually written with quotation marks and all in the book it is the "sport look package" ha ha even they know they build a shit car. Gotta hate them Rustangs
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 11:39 AM   #14
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino

I think the car is mean as sh*t. I would hate to see someone with one reving at me at a red light, making me feel so insignificant.....oh man I can picture it now.....
Yup, know what u mean.
Any M3 or M5 wouldn't stand a chance at a light against that bad boy.... drivers being equal.

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 11:42 AM   #15
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
The only thing I enjoy about mustangs is the sound of the engine and exhaust. It's music to my ears when I hear a 5.0 roar down the street.
I would never want to own one though...just not my style of car i guess

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread