Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-30-2002, 03:08 PM   #16
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Sell it as is for $2500 and buy another one or a newer car

OR

fix it up, have an easier time selling it because it actually runs, and get more money for the car, minus the cost of repairs.

If you think you can fix it to sell and still get $2500 or more for it, then it will be worth it. It will be much harder to sell a car that isn't running than one that is

i was faced with a similar issue with an old fiero of mine. I could have sold it for $2000 but i dumped about $1450 repairing everything on it and got $6500 for it in the end

whatever you do, dont keep it, it'll just keep breaking
get a different one or a newer one

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 03:35 PM   #17
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Since I buy and sell a "few" bimmers every year I can say that it will be HARD to get 2.5G's for a 318. The thing to do is to let it go, strip it, get ALL the parts that are good. Then get a BETTER one for cheap (that might need some work) but you will have all the parts you need! I had to go through the same thing a few weeks ago when I scraped my first bimmer, I loved that car but had to let it go! Good luck....
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!

Last edited by Eurostyle; 10-30-2002 at 03:50 PM.
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 03:42 PM   #18
DunDan
3rd Gear Member

This is exactly the situation that my dad is having right now, except it's not with a BMW it's with my 1989 camary. WTF?! haha
He won't get rid of it because of all the usability and repair value sunk into it until the car literally dies on him. When a car is at 'that' age, most parts must need replacing and generally replacement parts are not as good design and function as new car parts. You will be spending all your money on parts and time at the mechanic and worrying over your car. On the other hand, you could get a new or newer car and actually enjoy driving it, showing it off with cool new features (cupholders), without thinking that some part is going to break, booking time at the garage and how outdated it looks.
Old 10-30-2002, 03:44 PM   #19
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
that's true too
i forgot you could part out the bimmer for more than $1000 as well
and keep the parts you upgraded for the next one

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:38 PM   #20
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
I think I will be just taking 1500 for the car..It does run and moves I just think it might be time...For someone just getting the car it would be ok since they don't have much invested( like I have)and would not have to spend the hours involved to find parts. I would provide that.Thanks for all your imput...
Jase
Old 10-30-2002, 06:43 PM   #21
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
unless I get a offer on it I will keep it and at least use it for parts.I gave it some thought over dinnerand came up with this( with the help of some PM's I got on the subject)
1. even if I get another car I will be spending money on it too
2. I have replaced alot of parts
3.I know what it needs and is going to need
4.I am somewhat attached to it
5.some members have given me hope with the offer of advice on similar situations( pros& cons)

I will be in the market for another car( probably 4 door)..But like I said unless some one offers I am keeping it..I am posting it for sale for 1500 AS IS in the for sale section..If nothing in 2 weeks I will strip it for parts.
Thanks again Guys you helped a guy through a tough spot

Jase
Old 10-30-2002, 08:05 PM   #22
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
It looks like your cars fairly rust free, and rust is a killer the rest can be fixed.

But I guess its relative why have a good looking car that runs bad, I have sunk alot of money into my eta but I feel its worth it, but its also my first car and was given to me. I also don't see an end in maintance comming anytime soon.

What you could always do is keep the car you have now and just put it in your garage (if its not your daily d) and wait for a cheap e30 to come up in auto trader and use it as a parts car or use your current one for parts what ever works best

good luck

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: