Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-29-2002, 06:24 PM   #1
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
My BS Ticket

maybe some of u guys would know, i got a ticket on richmond street (one with all those clubs) and it says that its a Park/Stand on hwy. -Interfere... now i know i already won this case cause a big sign above my head says i can STOP THERE.. but is that street count as a HWy? or are they reffering to all streets?
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 07:09 PM   #2
Tracer
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Tracer Send a message via AIM to Tracer
Dude you need a new car. Your car is a TARGET. The cops are like "oh my gosh, look at that flaming gay car, lets give him a hard time." You notice no one else here gets harrassed like this every week? GET A NEW CAR OR PAINT IT ALL ONE COLOR!!!

Tracer

MODS DONE
-System

TO DO
-Wheels (have the $$ Just lookin for the right ones)
-Suspension
-Body Kit
-Paint
-Leather Interior
-Engine Swap
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 07:25 PM   #3
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
bhahahahahhahaha

acctully i was in another target car
a white MB clk320... thats why i got that ticket...
haha its funny how... nm
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 09:23 AM   #4
ara325
holy old school...

In the texts of the law, a 'highway' refers to any street which a motorized vehicle uses. What we call 'highway' i.e. Hwy 401, the law refers to as an 'expressway'. So, my friend, I hate to say it, but they have you beat on the highway piece. I would not worry too much about it, if it's only a minor offence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my car 1.jpg (66.1 KB, 88 views)
ara325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 02:45 PM   #5
burnhard22
4th Gear Member

TICKET

Unfortunetly, I believe that you may be outta luck. Even though it says highway that does not mean that you must be on the hwy to get the ticket. Most/all streets are considered to be hwy's/thruways. So, you won't be able to get off on that issue..even if something is spelt wrong ..it can be fixed by the court prior pr during your trial. I think you're going to have to go to the 1st appearance and tell them you want a court date. If the cop doesn't show you will be off, you can even talk to him during this time and ask him to drop to avoid point loss. But now I think all minor offences are 2points now -so even if you fight and lose the points maynnot be dropped but the fine might be.
just from experience..my court date is in June/03..18 months after I asked for a court date-earliest they could give me. (90 in a 60 in the rain.)
don't feel so bad..hahaha
Burnhard22
burnhard22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: