Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-30-2006, 02:48 PM   #16
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy E34
Spooner, yep smokes would stand out less against your black paint. Leaning toward smokes myself...and then again there are the euro clears that seem to look less white and match the headlights better....rice? (not to mension the euro clears are $30 less than smokes...
Are your LEDs yellow?
Black corners...like these black ones?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/BMW-E36-4DR-318-3...QQcmdZViewItem
Have not seen those on an E36?
BTW, your car looks amaizing in the trees, reflecting on the perfect black paint

My LED's are white light, Which when lit up actually gives off a purplish color, Basicly it looks like HID

Here is pics

as for all black corners, i was thinkin either like i have now, but painted to look black with nightshades, or oem ones done the same but i dont like orange so prob the first.

Oh and my paint is anything but perfect lol, pit hole centeral on the hood, but its getting repainted so it dont matter lol. The wonders of shooting in low light, amazing wha it can do. But hey thanks for the compliment

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:42 PM   #17
vadim321go
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Clears at Pacific...really??
yea there are a few stores there, but the quality is shitty. then again i went to a better bmw palce and they had the same clears for more money. i guess clear corners are made of cheap plastic! it was 40$

btw oem clears im guessing are made a lil better then aftermarket?
Old 03-31-2006, 06:20 AM   #18
Andy E34

Send a message via MSN to Andy E34
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim321go
yea there are a few stores there, but the quality is shitty. then again i went to a better bmw palce and they had the same clears for more money. i guess clear corners are made of cheap plastic! it was 40$

btw oem clears im guessing are made a lil better then aftermarket?
Have you found front smokes at any of these places and if so...how much?
Andy E34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:08 AM   #19
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooner_dee
as for all black corners, i was thinkin either like i have now, but painted to look black with nightshades, or oem ones done the same but i dont like orange so prob the first.
would probably look kinda similar to what this guy did. he bought some Gen III Depo turn signals, baked it open, removed the reflector, then tinted the inside of the glass a few times with high-temp paint, then a coat on the outside with a few shots of clear, then put it back together.

Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:53 AM   #20
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
would probably look kinda similar to what this guy did. he bought some Gen III Depo turn signals, baked it open, removed the reflector, then tinted the inside of the glass a few times with high-temp paint, then a coat on the outside with a few shots of clear, then put it back together.

ya, justin got it, pretty much what i was talking about.

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:13 PM   #21
JNSchnitzer
Christ is King

Is there a DIY somewhere on how to bake these open. Do you just close them back with silicone? I'm thinking this would be a good project for this weekend. I will ask this again ... anyone know a place that sells clear corners in the GTA? I don't want to wait/pay for shipping.
JNSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:59 PM   #22
captainm
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Want to add clear corners with my Depo group buy euro headlights with angel eyes....on the way!
checked Ebay for smoke front corners...going for about $40 CDN + shipping compared to ~$8 to 10 + shipping for regular clears or diamond cut euros
Same sort of price jump for rear smoked tails compared to regular clear tails, clear diomond euro tails with clear at top look nice but may be a bit too rice?

I have a '93 E36 4 door in Diamontscwartz 181 (metalic black/ diomond black)paint and double 5 spoke 17" motorsport rims....

What looks best with my colour...clear/ smokes/ Diamond cut???
Has anyone mixed and matched...smoke corners with diamond cut rears? Or should I stay traditional with basic clears on all 4 corners???

Opinions please...and pics on black/ diamond black E36's if possible

Thanks!!
Been going thru the same debate as you have lately. I have a black E36 as well and am thinking of going with smoked all around with the silver bulbs as the white stands out. Will probably order from Umnitza.
captainm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:57 AM   #23
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member

to get them open i normally can get them open without bakin them....i take a razor blade to the edges and take a small screw driver (flathead) and just slowly open it up. but i do make sure they are atleast room temp before doin it! but to bake it, it softens the glue/silicone or w/e that is sealing it closed to make it easier to open.....put ur oven on like 200-250 for a couples of mins take it out and peal it open slowly makin sure you dont break the lens!! but it seems everyone has a different way of doing it....hope it helps! just to add i like the one justin posted! i think it looks good....clean n mean lol

$500bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:21 AM   #24
Andy E34

Well...called around for smokes and could not find in-stock locally...so I grabbed a euro clear set off ebay

$35.00 CDN including shipping.
Plan to try them as is (will post pics with the Depo angel-eyes) and if they look crappy I'll bake/split/tint
I fugure with this low $ investment if it looks like crap I can still go and buy smokes later and call it a day

Last edited by Andy E34; 04-01-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #25
JNSchnitzer
Christ is King

Quote:
Originally Posted by $500bimmer
to get them open i normally can get them open without bakin them....i take a razor blade to the edges and take a small screw driver (flathead) and just slowly open it up. but i do make sure they are atleast room temp before doin it! but to bake it, it softens the glue/silicone or w/e that is sealing it closed to make it easier to open.....put ur oven on like 200-250 for a couples of mins take it out and peal it open slowly makin sure you dont break the lens!! but it seems everyone has a different way of doing it....hope it helps! just to add i like the one justin posted! i think it looks good....clean n mean lol
Thanks, this is helpful, especially the cooking ... I mean ... baking temperature .

I might just buy a set of smoked corners and tails from Umnitza depending on the shipping costs. Anyone interested in a group buy?
JNSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:06 AM   #26
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member

cooking baking which ever lol i just did an 2001 civic on sat without heating them up.....the guy wanted to take out the orange lens out. looked clean will try to get some pics up

$500bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:37 PM   #27
Andy E34

Got my $8.00USD euroclears in the mail ($29.00CDN landed) comments??I actually don't find them that bad looking beside the Depo's. They have a chome cover over the orange bulbs that looks pretty good IMO.
Although I do like traditional clears and especially smoked clears...at this price I thought I would give em a test drive...
Ambers 1st...

Now Euroclears...

At least they match my rims...LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: