Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Other BMW Parts
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-29-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
T-Bar
1st Gear Newbie

FS or FT : Mark3 GTi VR6

8500 or trade for an E30 plus cash

1996 GTi w/ FULL VR SWAP!!!
unfortunately I need to buy a truck for work, and do not have the space or money to keep my Vr around, i dont want to sell cause its been a long project to build and cost me alot of money and is an awesome daily driving car, it runs champ. Always Ultra 94 and always synthetic oil every 3K. I've only put just over 9K on the swap since i've done it and the motor was pulled from a frieinds car with 73 ***K. so the motors got roughly 83 ***K on it now

the car: a 1996 GTi 2.0 8v originally,5spd, sunroof, A/C, ABS,

custom Blue paint
shaved door handles, with top of the line popper kit
stock sideskirts and rear skirt
euro vr chin lip
Fk badgless grille
hella dual rounds
hella smoked corners
colour matched mirrors
lowered on h&R sports
Full VR subframe, 5 bolt conversion, 11.3 DE brakes
15" corrado vr6 5 stars
Black MK3 GTi leathers in mint shape,
Custom Cluster
MKIV Shift Knob and Boot - or - momo sphere carbon knob
MOMO steering wheel w/ hub
Kenwood KDC flip face Deck
Pioneer 6x9's

UNDER THE HOOD

1997 GTi DE VR6 FULL SWAP Pulled from same car, a friend of a friends car motor pulled from collsion car with 73 *** K, so thats 73 ***K on the full swap

ABD big Bore intake boot w/ a K&N cone
ESS pullies
Turn2 upper and lower motor mounts
Turn2 heavy duty tranny mount
GIAC Chip
3.67RP ( CDM Corrado Tranny )
removed suitcase muffler
Throttle Body Bypass
B&M short shifter (recently removed)
new sachs clutch
Gutted Intake Mani

FULL SWAP was done by European Speed Sport and all of the regular maintenance. during the swap a crapload of new parts were installed, waterpump, belts,thermostat, fan switch etc. as for all the mods im sure i forgot a few but the main ones have been listed. since then i've put a new starter, clutch slave, sachs super set clutch kit.

Car must be seen to be appreciated, alot of money and work put into this car and it pains me to sell it, but I just cant afford to keep it and a new vehicle around, only reason id trade for an E30 plus cash is i'd love to have one around to drive daily, when not using my work vehicle. Also i have a serious buyer for the complete shell so if interest is shown in buying the full vr swap and i mean full everything except 5-bolt, cluster, shifter box, pedals etc, let me know and i can pull it for you.

T-Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
T-Bar
1st Gear Newbie

BumP
Old 03-30-2006, 02:25 AM   #3
BMW325BMW
Commando

wow do i ever hate those headlights, but damn do i love that car. good luck with the sale. i'd pick it up in a sec if i had the cash. even with those headlights
BMW325BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:27 AM   #4
BMetal
3rd Gear Member

Nice ride. Goodluck with the sale. I'd cosider it if I wasn't set on a BMW for the next one.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:06 PM   #5
T-Bar
1st Gear Newbie

thanks for the comments guys, actually the headlights are Hella e-code projectors and they look incredible at night, I was more a fan of the Hella Mark3/Mark4 looks but everyone and their uncle had them so i decided to be different, also the last picture with the engine shot is not up to date, the intake mani is now Black.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:37 AM   #6
BMWags
6th Gear Member

wow, how tempted am i

would you just humour me and post some interior pics?
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:30 PM   #7
T-Bar
1st Gear Newbie

give into temptation lol, anyhow as for interior pics i dont have any at the moment, if we get another nice day I guess i can snap a few, the leathers are MINT and have never even been conditioned, I can only imagine how well they would look then. As far as interior goes all that is out of the ordinary is the condition of the leathers, the momo wheel, and the shift knob and boot out of a newer MKIV vw, also the cluster has been done custom airbrushed the needles red instead of white, and changed the backlight of the cluster to red instead of green, looks awesome at night, and during the day the red needles look really nice too.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #8
T-Bar
1st Gear Newbie

G T i

Common, somebody must wanna Vr for this Summer
Old 04-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #9
JohnnyBlaze
2nd Gear Member

Got Any Interior Pics?????
Old 04-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #10
AmaRu
6th Gear Member

I know this guy, that vr is mint. That would be in my driveway if he was selling before i found my rado. Good luck with the sale.
\__l_l-[-------------]-l_l__/
\____________________/
AmaRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #11
Tommy Boy
bAaAM!

wat problems are included with this car? anything might need repairing or replacing soon?
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #12
T-Bar
1st Gear Newbie

This motor runs like a clock, one of the healthiest Vr's around, alot of life left in this motor and European Speed Sport can vouch for me on that. The full swap still has less than 90K, the only thing i would suggest is a set of front pads in the next month or so but other than that It doesnt need a thing.

Last edited by T-Bar; 04-01-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:18 PM   #13
Tommy Boy
bAaAM!

how r these cars for maintanence and gas mileage (how much to fill up and how far does it go on a full tank)?
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #14
T-Bar
1st Gear Newbie

G T i

for maintenance, just run good fluids and she will always be good to you, all the major concerns have already been adressed, a new waterpump, belts, clutch (less than 3K on it) clutch slave, t-stat all that good stuff. Gas wise, its not a pig but its no hyundai either, if you plan on driving it hard all day everyday you'll notice the gas consumption, but regular hwy and city driving its really good actually, at gas prices today your looking at about 45 bucks to fill on sunoco 94. Any other questions feel free to ask, I'd say on a full tank of gas I honestly couldnt tell you, ive never been one to keep track, but i'd say in the ball park of 450 km

Last edited by T-Bar; 04-01-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #15
Soldo
6th Gear Member

ya 450 clicks on a tank sounds about right (buddy had one).... not a huge fan of golfs, but this one is lookin right!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: