Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-25-2006, 08:17 PM   #1
kidneykill
3rd Gear Member

touring pros and cons

Hi, anyone with a 325xi touring who wants to give their pros and cons about their car? I haven't seen many about...
kidneykill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:39 PM   #2
icedragon
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidneykill
Hi, anyone with a 325xi touring who wants to give their pros and cons about their car? I haven't seen many about...
I only have a 325xi sedan.
But I did look at and test drive both the sedan and wagon.
IMO, the sedan has more than enough space. The trunk is already fairly high and the rear seats fold down for additional storage room.
The Touring has just a TINY bit more space. The roof of the wagon slopes much more downward then the E46 wagon, so the Touring does not have that much room.
In terms of looks, I think both look great. With the wagon, you can also get the panoramic sunroof, which looks rather cool.
icedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
europrince
6th Gear Member

I've read several articles that were confirmed by a sales rep at BMW of Mississauga. For the price of an xi, might as well just get the rwd with a good pair of snow tires. The awd capability doesn't justify the price increase and more importantly, performance characteristics lost that BMW is known for. It has increased ride height, slower acceleration and corners aren't as crisp. A buddy has a 325i touring. He loves it. Finds it very practical. It sure beats an X3 in my mind.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:14 AM   #4
icedragon
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince
I've read several articles that were confirmed by a sales rep at BMW of Mississauga. For the price of an xi, might as well just get the rwd with a good pair of snow tires. The awd capability doesn't justify the price increase and more importantly, performance characteristics lost that BMW is known for. It has increased ride height, slower acceleration and corners aren't as crisp. A buddy has a 325i touring. He loves it. Finds it very practical. It sure beats an X3 in my mind.
I think he's considering an E90 Touring with xi, only because currently, the E90 Touring is only available with xi.
I think the new E90 Touring is beautiful! The roof is nicely swept back.
But just a note, the X3 has a higher resale value than E90 Touring. Although, I would still go for the E90 Touring
icedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
kidneykill
3rd Gear Member

thanks all for the info, yah wish the touring came as a 330 without the AWD
kidneykill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
tominizer
6th Gear Member

We've been looking at the touring you're into X3 territory ................. but with more space, similar gas mileage, etc, etc............... well, for CPO'ed 2007's that we've seen. I think that the touring is going to be a hard sell. And you hardly EVER see them around.

Agreed though............. a 330i touring without the x would be a lot better.
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #7
kpmg08
1st Gear Newbie

finally some pics 325iT

Thought I'd share some pics of my first BMW 2005 325 touring ZSP
kpmg08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: