Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #16
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

NOS. However you got spanked by a Cavalier.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:00 AM   #17
judgez24
1st Gear Newbie

was just pointed here and thought id ad my 2 cents, the auto tranny in the 3rd gen cavies is about as sloppy as an 80 year old...well yo uget the idea, not very firm at all, the autotrans intercepter makes a huge difference, enough to get a nice bit of second gear rubber from even a stone stock 2.4. now with that an auto assuming its launched right will hang with a 5 spd 2.4 until about 120 kph which is where the gearing starts to cost the auto. mind you the 2.4 does take farely well to mods and does make a decent amount of power stock.

fo what he wsa fiddling with, probably not nitrous, generally anyone who does use spray wil lhave the kit hooked up but unhooked from the bottle, so if he was under the hood he was more than likely adjusting the autotrans intercepter. depending on the model and brand he has itll have to be adjusted under the hood, some of the nicer units have the ability to be adjusted form inside with dials to adjust firmness and quickness of a shift.

if you want to find the nitrous and he pops his hood again youll need to do 2 thing, first off assuming its a dry kit, hoping its a dry kit as wet kits tend to pool very badly in these manifolds, youll want to check the vacuum line coming form the tb to the fpr on the fuel rail, it should go straight there ad be a hard plastic line, if its been replaced or has anything tee'd from it then chances are its running to the solenoids, if youdo find it follow it and see where it goes, worst case scenario is its going to an adjustable fuel pressur riser.

second check the intake for a line, ideally nitrous should be injected about 6 inches from the tb, any further and it starts to loose its kick.

witht hat said the race sounded close and as with any race, there has to be a loser, but you cant win them all
judgez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:00 AM   #18
judgez24
1st Gear Newbie

sorry hit reply twice
judgez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:08 AM   #19
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
^^ very interesting info thanks for the post

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:34 AM   #20
judgez24
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound
^^ very interesting info thanks for the post

np man, my 2.4 has seen more nitrous than joh n force's funny car so i know a little about it and about running juice on a twincam which by the way a properly maintained one with low milage will take a 100 shot stone stock
Old 03-28-2006, 08:22 AM   #21
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

^^so you are one them???hehehehehehe....
Old 03-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #22
judgez24
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul christians
^^so you are one them???hehehehehehe....
hah well yeah one of them but the car looks stock with black rims, adjustable suspension with tie bars and such, upgraded brakes all around, turbocharged with a whole lot of bolt ons and even more that have gone on this year included a new short geared tranny

there used to be a guy in my area who had an older bmw and had a snitzer, more than likely spelled wrong, motor in his car and it did go pretty good, havent seenhim for a few years though, think he was from burlington actually
Old 03-28-2006, 10:02 PM   #23
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
judgez24 - thanks for the info man...

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:58 PM   #24
judgez24
1st Gear Newbie

no problem man, il have the car back on theroad in some form or another in the next month or so and in another couple months i should have the resat of my new parts in, but in the meantime if anyone is up for getting togethre and getting some runs in on the hiway perhaps with some video id be more than happy to, could even bring down some friends, all for fun of course
Old 03-29-2006, 12:49 AM   #25
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

Some us will be down you way on SATURDAY....
Old 03-29-2006, 01:04 AM   #26
BMWags
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgez24
no problem man, il have the car back on theroad in some form or another in the next month or so and in another couple months i should have the resat of my new parts in, but in the meantime if anyone is up for getting togethre and getting some runs in on the hiway perhaps with some video id be more than happy to, could even bring down some friends, all for fun of course

hey man, im from the Falls, give me a PM, go fer a cruise or coffee sometime
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:12 AM   #27
judgez24
1st Gear Newbie

damn that sucks man, i wont be ready for atleast 3 weeks, gotta do some last minute things on the car still but ill have no problem making a trpi to the gta for a meet if you guys want when im ready to drive again and have the new lutch broken in.

bmwags, you got msn? if so add me, turbocav@hotmail.com
Old 03-29-2006, 11:18 AM   #28
EuroSpectacle
88iS

Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
hey judge.. got any tips for a 91 z24..
its my buddy's car.. and he wants 5 spd.. so i was thinking the most cost effective thing would be do strip a sunbird turbo 5 spd gt... ?

good to go .. or no?
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:36 AM   #29
judgez24
1st Gear Newbie

if at all possible stay away from the turbo sunbirds, those motors are the msot fragile thing gm has ever built. they randomly puke rods through the block and are just a nitemare. you cant run any more than stock boost levels out of them.

now if he wants some kick and wants to do somethig thats becoming more and more popular and is proven to work, a 5 spd with a 3400 motor in it, i dont have the specifics on the swap but if he wants more info i can find a link that can lead you in the right direction. if he can find a 3.1 or 2.8 powered car then the swap should be fairly straight forward, both of those motors are tough as nails but the top end doesnt flow too well, so some guys will build a hybrid but i dont see a point when you can gain a little displacement with an entire swap to a 3400. tough motor too and should put the little cavalire/sunbird into the 14's with ease.

but if at all possible, avoid the 2 liter turbo setup, its an explosive headache waiting to happen
Old 03-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #30
judgez24
1st Gear Newbie

oh another thig, if you wanan turbo the 2.8/3.1/3400 is very simple to get the setup started and cheap too. once you figur eout what your gonna do for fuel and whatnot youll need to mount the turbo. well this is the easy part on these motors. they have a crossover pipe that goes fomr the front manifold to the rear and then on the rear it has the downpipe, what you want to do is cap off that pipe that feeds to the exhaust system and cut an opening in the crossover pipe on the driverside of the car, put a little extenstion to wherever you want to mount the turbo and then put a flange on it and run that, its a little crude but vey cheap and seems to work, plus with the 3400 in the engine bay its very tight behind the motor and infront

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: