Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Unhappy A Cavalier beat my beater today, WTF

Okay, so theres this kid at our school, he is a couple years older than me, has a Cavalier 95ish bodystyle, 4cyl, but dunno if its a Z24 or not, but its black, bodykit, has a whole bunch of mods like CAI, straight pipe(sounds soooo ****ing annoying), some thing he called a interceptor (some sorta shift kit)he says he has cams, and a couple odds and ends i didnt understand, red interior, racing seats, momo wheel etc... and its automatic BTW. He hangs out with all the Woodbridge guys alot in his spare time, he street races alot. But up here in Port Perry, its usually dead in regards to races, because everyones a hillbilly around here, lol not that its a bad thing, some of hillybillys are pretty cool....

This started all around noon today, during lunch. Anywho, I started running the mouth at him a bit to coax him into racing me, as he had been quite reluctant to for the past couple weeks. Today my car had the 94 gas in it, and it was warmish too, so when I seen him in town, I figured I try to get him to run me again. So he goes, nah its got the winter tires on, blah blah... come on man I says, we can rip it towards your house. So he agreed. he gets out, opens his carbon fiber hood, and tinkers with something I cant see (I'm talkin to some other guys in teh meantime) Hes like okay, as we go up the hill and we get along side, punch it. Okay. A buddy of mine gets into my car, immediate roadblock there as hes a chunky guy, that will slow me down a bit I thought.

So we go up the hill a bit out of town towards the country-side, we go east, in the direction of Mosport (which is only 10-15 mins away FYI). As i get alongside, I nod to him and we punch it. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA all I hear is his car wailing along side, and just start to peel right by me. ' WTF my buddy says', im like 'ya WTF was that? since when does a cavalier do that?' We go thru this light at the top of the hill, and stop near this empty lot just after the lights. Cavalier buddy is there, I pull up, and my other buddy in his truck come from behind me too. He is one of the local hillbillys i hang out with, and hes looking at me in bewilderment that i just got messed up by cavalier... So i go over to cavalier buddys car. Hes like, 'ya I know you got the fat kid in your car, so thats not helping.'(he doesnt like chucky buddy BTW, LOL) which I agree. 'maybe we should line up and see that we get a red light back there and take a run at that' he suggests. OKAY!! Im game for that. So we turn around. And once more to get pointed east again. we wait for a red to come by and finally it does. the chunky kid gets outta my ride and plants himself in buddys truck, and me and cavalier buddy line up. Truck buddy goes down the road a bit and parks on the shoulder. By concidence, my Supervisor from work comes up the road, turns around and asks whats going on. I tell him and hes like, man i gotta see this, hahaha, a 40 some odd year old watchin two teens race in teh middle of the country, ROFL

From the lights the road is straight for a couple hundred meters, then goes a bit downhill, which is two lanes, goes thru 3 nice high speed sweepers which eventually turns into one lane at teh bottom and continues on in a flat one lane road.

So. the light goes yellow and then red on the other side. I get into 1st and just rev a bit to like 1500rpm or so, and just engage the clutch ever so slightly, and just nudge at teh white line, meanwhile cavalier buddy is just doing the same, altho hes auto, lol, gettin the brakes going too i suppose. the other light goes red..... after what seems like eternity, BAM! GREEN!!!... I just jump right off the clutch and jam full on the gas, those 215s back there are just chirping into action! I had a very good reaction time and jumped him off the start. 4000- 5000- 6000-somewhere near 6700 clutch,shift,bam, mint shift,chirp into 2nd, all the way up to 6300 or so then shift for 3rd.... we pass truck buddy and co watching on the side... as soon as i shift into 3rd, I notice that he was behind the whole time, but suddenly starts coming into view on the right of my front window, I think WTF as i gun it along in 3rd, come on car, come on!!! Going down the hill, I shift into 4th which is in teh nieghbourhood of 140~km, and hes starting to pull about a car length on me. We see a car up ahead, and thats where the lanes become one again, and the road starts to get some nice sweeper turns, so I keep peeling along. Somewhere around 160km, he musta backed off, but I kept going, passed that other car, and cavalier buddy..... So as i think to myself, I just got smoked for the first time... and to make it seem worse, by an automatic cavalier.

We meet up at a side road 5 min later down the road... hes like man that was a good run, I didnt think your car would do that good. I'm like 'well, afterall its is an old car, its a bit tired compared to your 'new' cavalier.' Its all good, I think I got a bit more respect outta him that this little brown asian looking kid just gave him a good run for his money in this oldass BMW.... lol

Well, that highly motivated me to scounge some $$ together for a stroker motor... man, I am sure he would not be in the same place if i had the 2.7i engine.

Just thought I'd share a bit of my bewildering day with you guys

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
ehehehehhehehe lol nice 1
Old 03-23-2006, 10:36 PM   #3
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

Yes they get thing for this car too...I will get him back for you man...
Old 03-23-2006, 10:40 PM   #4
skillton
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to skillton
Trying to read that almost gave me a headache.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:03 PM   #5
BMWags
6th Gear Member

wow, a cavalier did that eh?....maybe if it was a z24, had to be
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

By the sounds of it(tinkering with his motor, and his car all of a sudden starting to pull in 3) he maybe had Nos. I have rasied plenty of cavaliers, old and new, 4 and 6cyl, and have never been defeated. ALL my runs were on the HWY, and I found some kept up better than others, one, if I can recall correctly, even was pretty even with me but never lost. Maybe you just suck at driving...lol

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:13 AM   #7
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Sprayed. I got my ass spanked by a sprayed cav, but when we ran motor vs motor, I had him by 2-3 cl's.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:32 AM   #8
Woofer
6th Gear Member

lol Yo rudy tell your lil buddy to come to my neck of the woods. I'll teach him a lesson or too about spray! I think bottles are for babies! tell him to run you motor to motor. You'll blow the doors off him.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #9
EuroSpectacle
88iS

Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
lol good job guys.. now hes gonna go be like.. yo run me without spray bitch... and the guys gonna be like wtf you talking about

one of my best buds has a 91 z24, and its pretty quick, hes got manifold back exaust and intake and some other useless ness and im not say he would rape a lets say 88 325iS but if it was manual he could probably stay neck and neck.
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #10
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

i don't think he had nitrous,

a buddy of mine had a sunfire GT (same car basically, motor chassis etc.) with some mods like intake, exhaust with headers, throttle body, couple more little things i cant remember, and he'd spank a stock e30 325is no problem,
PedroBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:33 PM   #11
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Alrighty, had a look under his hood this morning. 2.4l DOHC. Has that shift kit thingy, AEM cold air intake and filter, bored out throttle body, some funky looking adjustable fuel pressure regulator, headers, and looks like a straight exhaust like 3" or so, with a coffee can out the back which is hollowed out he says..... It is very possible he had spray... last fall he had a ZEX kit, but he says he took it off... hmm......

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:34 AM   #12
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

^^^^^^^^^OK man took it out......
Old 03-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #13
BMWFORLIFE
Technoviolet Shifting

hes a liar his car need roids .....he has the nos hooked up for times like that when hes getting beat and needs some spray....
i think you spray paint '///M' on the side of his car..
Old 03-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #14
BMW325BMW
Commando

look at it this way... your car is almost 20 years old and it still gave him a run for his money. And your motor will continue to do it for another 20 years. Long after the Cav has been sent to the scrap yard
BMW325BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:34 AM   #15
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
sounds like spray to me man, why else would he tinker under the engine before racing you, what? was he checking his oil nahhh... also whats that intercepter thingy??? anyone know?

*EDIT*

found this:

- Autotrans Interceptor (Shift Kit for automatic transmission increases by 500 RPM' S each shift by increasing the oil pressure which passes by torque the converter in the transmission

interesting but not really that great lol, not like an extra 500rpm in a cav will be of all that much help lol?

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf

Last edited by Hound; 03-26-2006 at 04:39 AM.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: