Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
Daddy
3rd Gear Member

Damn BMW's engine is too efficient!

So, in anticipation of closing the deal on the bimmer at the end of this week, just looking for somethings to mod (not that I'll have the cash to do it of course). Just visited the Dinancars.com website. So, they have this package that has the intake, chip software, tranny software, exhaust, etc. Costs around US$2700 or something.

So the net gain is 13 hp. THIRTEEN FRIGGIN HP! I don't expect miracles, but $2700 for 13 hp is a tough pill to swallow.

On the other hand, I guess it'll help the $$$ stay in the pocket.
Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #2
BMWags
6th Gear Member

wow, thats pretty serious cash lol
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:25 PM   #3
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Yup.. but then you'll have the DINAN name.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:32 PM   #4
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Yup.. but then you'll have the DINAN name.

and POwER!!! the DINAN stuff works very GOOD on my car, i wouldnt go any other way!!!!!!!!
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #5
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy
So, in anticipation of closing the deal on the bimmer at the end of this week, just looking for somethings to mod (not that I'll have the cash to do it of course). Just visited the Dinancars.com website. So, they have this package that has the intake, chip software, tranny software, exhaust, etc. Costs around US$2700 or something.

So the net gain is 13 hp. THIRTEEN FRIGGIN HP! I don't expect miracles, but $2700 for 13 hp is a tough pill to swallow.

On the other hand, I guess it'll help the $$$ stay in the pocket.

Remember, that 13hp is at best a REAL number (if not an understatement). You really think doing the same thing to a civic is gonna give it 75hp.... NO, but those asshole rice companies will say anything to make a sale!

You pay a bit of a premium for dinan, i'll agree, but your guaranteed QUALITY!
Old 03-21-2006, 11:15 PM   #6
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Dinan is know to overcharge. Yes their stuff works and is good quality but you end up paying for it. If you do your research, you can get the same gain if not more for a lot less...

Talk to MarkD (on this forum) regarding software. I'm sure he can tune your car for you.

Also, for an intake and exhaust you have many choices. A lot of which are much cheaper than dinan.

Which car do you have btw?

T.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:02 AM   #7
E46er
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzM
Also, for an intake and exhaust you have many choices. A lot of which are much cheaper than dinan.

Which car do you have btw?

T.
I totally agree, when I first got my car I was shopping around for an intake and they wanted 1,500$ CDN There is many choices out there for alot cheaper.
E46er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:31 AM   #8
Daddy
3rd Gear Member

Hoping to pick up a 2002 330ci this Friday.

I had previously asked Mark D about his chip, so that's a possibility. $500 sounds quite reasonable. How much would a quality intake cost? Which one?

Maybe an intake and chip first. I would love to add an exhaust, but it sounds like exhaust systems for the 3 are really expensive... hey post up what you have for exhausts. My biggest criteria if I ever go for an exhaust - NO DRONE. Had an aftermarket exhaust for a previous car and my ears still ring to this day due to the drone.
Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:36 PM   #9
M3islove
2nd Gear Member

Hmm I was just thinking about that package.

Anyone here have it? Is it worth it? All I really want is the strut bar, a throatier exhaust, and maybe a CAI to open up the sound a little more. I'm more partial to Dinan because of their extensive research, development etc and don't mind paying the extra for that.

anyone here have a Dinan exhaust on a 330 engine with a soundclip?
M3islove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:04 PM   #10
330ci05
6th Gear Member

go with the dinan man, you will love the CAI, get the TB to and you will get more power and the sounds will be sick, i got the dinan stage 3 without the exhaust,if u want a good exhaust get the UUC TSE3 might be lil louder then you might like but it's the best IMO
Old 03-28-2006, 09:54 PM   #11
M3islove
2nd Gear Member

looked at the UUC website, and that exhaust sounds pretty flippin sweet. it's MORE than the Dinan though :-(
M3islove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:13 PM   #12
330ci05
6th Gear Member

yeah but the UUC is not just the muffler
Old 03-28-2006, 10:39 PM   #13
HIM
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to HIM Send a message via MSN to HIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci05
go with the dinan man, you will love the CAI, get the TB to and you will get more power and the sounds will be sick, i got the dinan stage 3 without the exhaust,if u want a good exhaust get the UUC TSE3 might be lil louder then you might like but it's the best IMO
I agree, uuc tse3 is sounds awsome. As for intake you can always go with ECIS which is what a lot of people get cause of the bang for the buck
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:41 AM   #14
E46er
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy
... hey post up what you have for exhausts.
I have Carbonio CAI and Eisenmann exhaust. Others that I recomend are TSE3 and AA.
E46er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 02:32 AM   #15
HIM
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to HIM Send a message via MSN to HIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46er
I have Carbonio CAI and Eisenmann exhaust. Others that I recomend are TSE3 and AA.
Do you drive your car in the winter?? I want to get a Carbonio intake but I drive all year long and I don't want to risk sucking any moisture up, however I hear its pretty hard unless you drive through really deep puddles. Also, is your Eisenmann exhaust a full catback exhaust? Cause I also hear good things about Eisenmann but I don't want just a muffler
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: