Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-18-2006, 02:45 AM   #1
bimmer318ti
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to bimmer318ti
318ti vs MX3 6cly.

I ran against my friends Mazda Mx3 6 cyl. 5spd

The story: I went into this race thinking I was going to lose for sure. I had nothing to lose, this was just an experiment. The only performance modification I had was a MarkD chip. My friend’s Mazda had an intake and I believe an exhaust. However the Mazda did have a sound system which contributed more weight. Anyhow we started the race from a rolling start at about 30-40 km\hr (both in first gear). Off the line his car jumped about 1\4 car length ahead of mine but, I think that was because he started slightly before me. I didn’t even powershift through 3rd and 4th. I would say that at about 90-100 Km\hr we were dead even. Then at 130 km\hr my car was about 1\2 (maybe 2\3) car lengths ahead of the Mazda. At this point we both slowed down .

I was totally socked. I did not expect my 4 banger to even come close to the 6cly. My car had a really bad alignment which also should have given him the advantage .

If we ran again, I think from a dead stop the results might be different – but who knows. Anyhow, the mx3 driver (who’s name I’m not going to say ) put up a good race, but this time the “bimmer” came out victorious!

Cheers
Old 03-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #2
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Well, that 1.8 V6 engine does kinda suck, plus it has the same displacement as yours anyways. It only had like 130hp or some crap like that. And it's also not THAT much lighter than your car, so it all sounds about right.
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 01:26 PM   #3
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
wooooot woooooot 4 bangers r victiorusssss
Old 03-18-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Dude, if you lost to a MX3, i woulda slapped you!!

Those mazda's are the biggest tin cans EVER, 1.8L 6cyl, HAHAHA, what a joke!
You guys should race off the line, then you'll really spank him, with RWD you'll get the jump on him and he'll never be able yo catch up, even with all that chasis twisting tourque that MX3 has!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:03 AM   #5
fletch
M50B20 Engine

Send a message via MSN to fletch
I've heard people said MX3's 6 cyl. drives like a 4...and yea it's 1.8 liter V6??...
fletch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: