Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-17-2006, 06:40 AM   #1
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Corvette vs highley moded Supra

Ok, I haven’t written in this forum of late. I have promised my wife I would behave.
However there comes a time when a guy and his machine have to express themselves.
Now this story you are about to read is not me racing, nononono. It’s an expression of two individuals with fine examples of today’s engineering.

So here goes the story.

Glancing all around me wondering how wonderful it would be to have my M3 or even my 540i w/6speed in Miami. Looking down at my speedo, showing 140kmh I step on the accelerator to hear the rumbling of the Powerstroke 7.3Ltr Turbodiesel and the sound of the turbocharger whining under full boost. Now this took a second to realize that the whining of the turbocharger was not that of my own engine but that of a sick looking red Toyota Supra with two occupants followed closely by a white Corvette. I’m wondering where they came from, I just glanced in my rearview mirror not more then 10 seconds ago and there was nobody there at all. There are no entrances to the highway since we left that hideous “toll booth” about 2 miles back.

Little suggestion to any one coming to Miami bring lots and lots of change, these toll booths are every where. Just to travel from Miami to Key West we spent over $15 in tolls. Just to go to a store costs us $.50 in fuel and $1.00 in tolls, you forget to buy batteries for your camera and now it’s $1.00 in fuel and $2.00 in tolls and that’s just to travel 4km round trip. Anyways back to the story.

So now I’m thinking and it came to me they were doing the thing I promised my wife I would not do “Racing” oh how I love that word ”Raaaciiing”.
As I glance up I notice a sign “Toll Ahead Cars Pay $1.25” By now you all know how I love them “Toll Booths” but in this case it might be good, I have heard cars going at it once they lighten up the load. Just in case some you are wondering, paying for the toll.

I yelled out to my daughter “grab the camera they are going to go for it”. Sure enough once these two fine pieces of automotive engineering passed through the toll they lined up doing about 40kmh, I guess second gear for both cars. With a faint sound of “honk, honk, honk” they were off. Now since I’m one of those individuals who knows what can be done to the Supra to squeeze additional ponies. Also my knowledge that a Supercharged Corvette is capable of holding a highly tuned Supra at bay. However by the sounds of it the Corvette was stock. Therefore I being highly educated individual in this matter I proudly yell out to my family “The Supra is going to walk all over the Vette”

Third “Honk” and they are WOT, black smoke pouring out of the Supra’s exhaust, while the Corvette there was a “puff” of black smoke, this confirmed my suspicion that the Corvette was stock. However to my surprise the Corvette jumped ahead by ½ car length. That’s fine by me, once the Supra hit’s full boost it will be bye bye Corvette.

Corvette power shifts into a higher gear first, followed by a miss-shift from the Supra pilot with lot’s of black smoke. Now going back to my knowledge of “forum surfing” that do this to many times and it’s not a good thing. Again saying this out loud so that my family knows that I understand the inner workings of a Force Induction engine. Since the Supra miss-shifted he fell back by 2 car lengths. The Corvette shifts yet into another higher gear, followed by the Supra driver miss-shifting again, followed by the rev limiter and lots and lots and lots of black smoke. By this time both vehicles were pretty far ahead. Looking at the two vehicles disappearing into the sun I could see the Corvette ahead by at least 5 or 8 car lengths.

From my right comes a female voice that of my wife; “ I thought you said the Supra was going to win?” Well I said…. As I’m looking ahead and both the Supra and Corvette pulled over to the side, white and black smoke pouring from underneath the Supras hood. …1 out of 2 isn’t bad, like I stated before to many miss-shifts with a forced induction vehicle is not a good thing.

Corvette 1 Supra 0

Last edited by Darkness95m3; 03-17-2006 at 06:44 AM.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:05 AM   #2
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

LOL, nice story. HP means nothing when you can't drive!

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
GOod write up. Supra FTW though..
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:19 AM   #4
2slow2race
6th Gear Member

supra
2slow2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #5
EuroSpectacle
88iS

Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
and the pics are where?
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #6
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

TRD TT Supra is inline sex and performance......all day.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:46 PM   #7
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
how do you misshift twice going through 3 gears

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:37 PM   #8
V-Thang
6th Gear Member

Supra > Corvette
V-Thang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:06 PM   #9
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
how do you misshift twice going through 3 gears
From what I can tell, he missed 3rd and then 4th gear.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:46 PM   #10
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpectacle
and the pics are where?
Here they are.
Attached Images
File Type: gif corvssup.gif (62.5 KB, 128 views)
Old 03-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #11
Gamite

Rx-7?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #12
Woofer
6th Gear Member

yea that looks like an rx-7 to me too lol
Old 03-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #13
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofer
yea that looks like an rx-7 to me too lol
Ok so I was wrong again!
Could I blame it on sleep depravation.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:47 AM   #14
BMWags
6th Gear Member

rx7 = awesome but a vette would ruin it

they have a rotary engine too no? bet they rev at 9k

on fast and furious they are pretty sweet tho, and i like them
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:56 AM   #15
skillton
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to skillton
Yeah that's definately an RX7. Those rotary engines are problematic, always blowing the apex seals

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: