Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-24-2006, 06:36 PM   #61
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Thanks Nelson it was a blast driving down that road after the first day

looking forward to the next one.

Jeff big improvement on the skid pad.

T.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:59 PM   #62
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

You guys all did awsome! Thanks Nelson, Marla and Lindsay for helping out with school activities. Alex and Jeff learned/improved a lot since Sat morning. Ant and Tom are quick learners (their experience helps though). I hope to see more maXmembers join the school so they can learn to harness the true handling potentials their BMW's have to offer! I'm off to bed, got a terrible head-cold from standing out in the rain all weekend.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:34 PM   #63
Ant118
BmwAviator

Yeah thanks Randy, go to sleep and NO MORE BOWAL MOVEMENT lol. Only thing is next time im bringing crap tires of skid pad, stupid T1-R's wont let go lol

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Ant118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #64
cmotd
2nd Gear Member

Almost makes me wish I was Canadian! BMW Track days here cost anywhere from $1.5k to $6k depending on the skill level. But they are run by BMW, hence the $$$$$$
cmotd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:53 PM   #65
Ant118
BmwAviator

wow 1.5-6k thats crazy. I wonder how the event is setup for that price?

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Old 04-24-2006, 10:03 PM   #66
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
I hope to actually be driving in the June school.....

Tom, your car rules, although it's a little loud for my taste, but it just pulls and pulls. I can't believe you were hitting 240 at the top of the back straight.

Of course it flys, it has the right software!

MarkD
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:17 PM   #67
Ant118
BmwAviator

Hey Mark, there was someguy with a 850i there talking about his e34 M5 and you want to see his computer (Starts with a B or something). He was looking for your phone number. I didnt have yours but i have his so if you could PM me your number so i can give it to him so he can give you a call.

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Old 04-24-2006, 10:21 PM   #68
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant118
Hey Mark, there was someguy with a 850i there talking about his e34 M5 and you want to see his computer (Starts with a B or something). He was looking for your phone number. I didnt have yours but i have his so if you could PM me your number so i can give it to him so he can give you a call.
I forgot his name, he's from around Kingston. His M5 has an oddball DME in it so I said I'd check it out for him. I was too busy to come to the track all weekend but I was there on Friday.

MarkD
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:25 AM   #69
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant118
Yeah thanks Randy, go to sleep and NO MORE BOWAL MOVEMENT lol. Only thing is next time im bringing crap tires of skid pad, stupid T1-R's wont let go lol
Actually, you can get ANY tire to let go on a skidpad....you just need to approach it the right way. I've hung the back end out consistently even on a set of Hoosier Wets.

The biggest mistake most drivers make on a skidpad is over-correcting. I watched students (and some instructors) do this again and again on the weekend. Much of what I saw happening were drivers that would get the back end to slip, and then suddenly let off the gas (instinctive), and the car would correct itself. The key to it is to stay on the throttle, though modulate it to keep the wheels spinning, while using steering input to direct the car.

I should be back in town for the June school, so I'll be there again. I'm hoping to spend a bit more time down at the exercises next time around.

Pat
GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:04 AM   #70
Ant118
BmwAviator

i got that down after Randy showed me, just the first time i did it i wa hesitant because i wasnt sure how they would react, but by the end i was driftin everywhere lol

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Old 04-26-2006, 12:40 AM   #71
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8 Ride
Actually, you can get ANY tire to let go on a skidpad....you just need to approach it the right way. I've hung the back end out consistently even on a set of Hoosier Wets.

The biggest mistake most drivers make on a skidpad is over-correcting. I watched students (and some instructors) do this again and again on the weekend. Much of what I saw happening were drivers that would get the back end to slip, and then suddenly let off the gas (instinctive), and the car would correct itself. The key to it is to stay on the throttle, though modulate it to keep the wheels spinning, while using steering input to direct the car.

I should be back in town for the June school, so I'll be there again. I'm hoping to spend a bit more time down at the exercises next time around.

Pat
Exactly. I've almost completely worked the lift throttle instict out of myself, it rarely happens now. Hammer down

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:59 AM   #72
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD
Of course it flys, it has the right software!

MarkD
That's right, I was also very late on the throttle on the back straight and it was moist out. In dry weather I'm sure I could get it up to 280-300 range. ... can't wait till the june school. I convinced my gf to sign up as well.

T.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #73
Ant118
BmwAviator

SWEET, Tom we just all try to book rooms at that Motel we where at. And i took a visit to that circle before we left i almost drifted the entire circle but lost it by the end. See you guys there again in June, this time GROUP B.

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Old 04-26-2006, 03:20 PM   #74
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
I will see you guys there again too.. Going to the DE but this time without the GF heheh

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:27 PM   #75
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Definately Group B next time! Got a perfect score on the evaluation.

The development track was cool too when we went with Randy on saturday. Looking forward to the next one, hopefully with good weather.

T.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: