Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-12-2006, 07:04 PM   #46
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
In regards to brakes, I did the school with new pads and used stock pads (maybe like 80% left on them still). I didn't have any large use of pads or rotors. You 'shouldn't' go though 50% of a brake pad. My pad wear wasn't even that noticable after the school to tell you the truth. I did the school like two years ago and I just replaced the pads last season, plus a couple years of auto-x on them.

Just change your fluid and inspect your lines!!!.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:40 PM   #47
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328DTM
For those who have attended the Mosport Performance Driving School, how much wear and tear does it put on the tires and brakes compared to the BMWCC Auto-x's?

I'm trying to justify if I want to spend the money for a one time tracking session in which I probably will not be doing again for several years. I'd have to buy a helmet (about $300-400ish I heard for a new one), another $400 for the school, and probably $$ for inspection and to change my brakes which seem to be wearing down right now.
Brake and tire wear, especially at the beginner level, is pretty minimal. As for helmets, you may be able to beg, borrow or steal one. I'm not sure if the club still has loaners, but you could possibly work out a trade of your cinematography skills for some helmet usage.

/// M3NTAL Kev

M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:03 AM   #48
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

The club has loaner helmets (contact the registrar to request one before-hand). Justin, a motorcycle helmet would be acceptable for use once/twice, but if you plan on doing a lot of track time in the future, just save up for one.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #49
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Thanks for clearing that up Randy. The helmet that came with my bike is too small... (it's a medium), was wondering if I could sell it to someone on maX that's looking for a racing helmet.. guess not.

It's just a regular snell full face helmet..
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:46 PM   #50
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
Fun event.. Nice to see some maxbimmer crew around. Hopefully I can come back again for June DE Like they say, you learn twice as much in the rain heheh

PS: Anyone got some pictures from the event.. didn't get a chance to take pictures

Jeff

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:09 PM   #51
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Great turn out and amazing instructors... chewed through three of em... LOL.

T.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:24 PM   #52
Zim Zimma
3rd Gear Member

Agreed...the event was a lot of fun and informational....At least with the weather we got to learn both wet AND dry lines!!

Can't wait to get back out onto the track..I'm hooked
Zim Zimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:00 PM   #53
Ant118
BmwAviator

Yeah was great, to bad it got really bad on Sunday. And thanl you Randy on showing me some GOOD Drifts.

Crusher: I got a Few pics, ill upload soon. Most of them are of me though

EDIT: Randy i hope u feel better

2011 Alpine/Black 335is

Last edited by Ant118; 04-24-2006 at 03:15 PM.
Ant118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:26 PM   #54
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Hey Ant118.. my coworker shot some videos, i'll check if your car was there..

Jeff
Old 04-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #55
Ant118
BmwAviator

sweet, sounds good i think i have a shot of you and I at the Front Straight.

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Ant118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #56
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Post them up... can't wait to see em.

T.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:15 PM   #57
rafiki
210k and counting

It is a shame that Colourtech is no longer at Mosport. Though, it would really suck to have been out there taking pictures anyway. I learnt a lot this weekend - especially during the very first session. Spun coming out of 5B. No harm, no foul.

A good scare is worth more than good advice.
- Horace (65-8 BC)
'01 330i premium package - sahara beige on tan - oe clears - legal tint - manual tranny minus cdv - carbonio intake - aluminum strut bar - sport shocks with h&r springs - uuc camber kit, ss lines, tse3 & evo3 ssk+dssr+rob knob - shark injected
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:33 PM   #58
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
I hope to actually be driving in the June school.....

it sure was fun though, I love the development track skidpad though, too bad it's not part of the BMWCC school. Thanks Lindsay for letting me take a rip around the skidpad in your car (thanks Randy for giving me no choice). Next time you should try though, you're the g/f of an instructor, he should have taught you everything there is to know about driving now

Tom, your car rules, although it's a little loud for my taste, but it just pulls and pulls. I can't believe you were hitting 240 at the top of the back straight.

Crusher, I could really see you improving out on the skidpad over the course this weekend, no doubt thanks to randy

Great weekend, with the exception of me getting all wet on saturday and having to leave early on sunday....
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:52 PM   #59
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
NP Nelson hope you enjoyed yourself. I was going to give it a try on Sunday but there were all kinds of trucks and stuff parked on the development track. Oh well there is always next time...I am planning on actually participating in the June school so I won't have a choice...LOL.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:06 PM   #60
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Yes, thanks to Randy for keeping me in-line the last few runs there at the skidpad made me smile pretty good And whoever the guy who runs the slalom, finally got the idea when he actually road with me and show me the line heheh then he let me rip throught he course for 10 mins straight

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: