Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-09-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Mosport Performance Driving School ($400 weekend)

BMWCCC-Trillium Chapter has opened up (now online) registration for their 2006 Performance Driving Schools. Dates are as follows:

- April 21-23 Mosport (pictured above)
- June 9-11 Mosport
- July 7-9 Le Circuit Mont Tremblant
- Sept 8-10 Mosport (BMWCCA Club Race incl.)

Prices are $400+ GST (except Tremblant) for a weekend (2 day) performance driving school (BMWCC-Trillium LINK) with an assigned (personal) veteran instructor, numerous in-class tech sessions and skidpad execises (drifting/autocross lessons). Saturday evening includes a catered dinner, track-walk/discussion with racers and best of all, great memories at the end. PLUS, your insurance company will cover you if something should happen (almost never) because the BMWCC is recognised as an Ontario teaching institute (also tax deductable).

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post. There are many maXmembers who instruct and/or have completed these driving schools and can answer them. I highly recommend doing (at least) one of these schools before going on a local "lapping" day without professional guidance. Bad track-habbits are easy to pick up by following the ricer infront of you at a (IMO) boring track like Shannonville.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #2
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
hmm, very tempting. How much track time will we generally see each day? My car might still be getting tuned, thats my only reservation.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:52 PM   #3
EMPOWERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER
hmm, very tempting. How much track time will we generally see each day?

Generally, the day is split up into multiple 25min sessions (for all activities) which include 4 to 5 session per day on the track... depending on group and school (Sept school has 1 less session/day due to club race schedule). In summary, about 200-250 mins/weekend.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 03-09-2006, 06:27 PM   #4
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Randy,
So its a full 3 days? Can you break down what occurs on each day. Also, can instructors sign off on you? I have tracking exeperince, but oddly enough never benn to Mosport, this might be a good chance for me to learn and get out to a new track. I might not be able to make Friday. Thanks for the info.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
Old 03-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #5
EMPOWERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER
Randy,
So its a full 3 days? Can you break down what occurs on each day. Also, can instructors sign off on you? I have tracking exeperince, but oddly enough never benn to Mosport, this might be a good chance for me to learn and get out to a new track. I might not be able to make Friday. Thanks for the info.
Signing off is possible if your instructor feels you have sufficient experience, but usually done on the Sunday (if at all). The Friday sessions are only available for the Advanced group and instructors (lots of track time avail). I don't have time right now to go into detail about the each day's activities, gotta split (maybe someone else can answer that question?).

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 03-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #6
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Thanks Randy.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
Old 03-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #7
Zim Zimma
3rd Gear Member

Is it one car per person? Or can 3 ppl go with 2 cars?
Zim Zimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:11 AM   #8
EMPOWERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim Zimma
Is it one car per person? Or can 3 ppl go with 2 cars?
It's one car per student, unless your partner is in another group (advanced or intermediate) and even then, they might need it for the skidpad when you're scheduled for the track. It's been done before, but you'll loose the odd sessions in the end. Honestly, your best bet is to rent a car and bring it to the track (you didn't hear this from me) if you don't have access to one... i've done that numerous times (ask A~G) from AVIS.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 03-10-2006, 12:16 AM   #9
STALKER
6th Gear Member

do they normally fill up, I will be last minute if I can make it or not cause the week before my car will be at EA getting some engine mods done, and I have to dyno it before I track it and get an AFR to make sure its all working right. I have a track day on May 4th too, so have to get the car running right before I can really open her up. I can EA do the inspection while its there, just to be prepared.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
Old 03-10-2006, 12:16 AM   #10
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

I'm coming out to the June event, if I'm not in Poland yet.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:20 AM   #11
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

I will try to make one of the two,JUNE or SEPT...
Old 03-10-2006, 12:48 AM   #12
EMPOWERD

There's usually a waiting list on the last week before the school date... more-so in the summer schools (June/July/Sept). I won't be at the Sept school this year because my best friend (maXmember Straight_6) is getting married that weekend and i'm in the wedding party.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 03-10-2006, 12:53 AM   #13
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Let me talk to billy@EA and see what he says about the timing. I think this will be a good event for me. Hope it does not rain.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
Old 03-10-2006, 09:10 AM   #14
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
randy, im very interested, hopefully i'll make it out this year, but i have a couple quick questions:
-there is a section for complete beginners, right? I have 0 track experience.
-Is there anything i should have done to the car if im going to participate in these events?
-do you have to tell your insurance company you're doing this?

thanks

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:47 PM   #15
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Hank Hill:

Make sure you have lots of tire and brake left. Showing up on corded tires and with no brake pad left is no good. Change your oil before you go, and after you come back from the track.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: