Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #16
dirtyd14
2nd Gear Member

and one last thing ebay is my best friend i am getting tons of stuff off of ebay, which is saving me $$$$$, i plan once the car is done to spend about $35,000 CND which for that money, i cannot get a car with thet kind of power, or anything, that i will be gettin out of my car, and also i get a car that i absolutely love.
dirtyd14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:55 PM   #17
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30
I dont think he knows what he's talkin about.

He's planning on using an Alpina Performance chip, + a Unichip PiggyBack + Megasquirt stand alone.

I was just looking at that too and wondering if he will be running 3 separate engines in one car

Poor guy, just needs someone who knows about FI to help him out.

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:05 PM   #18
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by static

One more thing: you say that you will have 3" pipe splitting into two 1.5" pipes. You do realize that the area of a 3" circle is significantly larger than the cumulative area of two 1.5" circles.
In fact let me do the math for you: A=PI*r^2 ,
so for 3": A=3.14*6^2= 113.04 sq-inch
for 1.5" : A=3.14*3^2= 28.26 sq-inch

that yields: 113.04 against 28.26*2=56.52

there you have it - you are introducing a whopping 50% of restriction right there.

Alex
Good point Alex, you have to go 3" right through if not, that will slam that turbine wheel into smitzherings.

You looked like you did some homework and thats great, but you need to speak with someone who did a "good" turbo setup on the e30 m20 (lots did) and take notes from there.

I encourage people to go the FI way, but as far as your power idea goes, you are off to a bad start.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #19
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyd14
and one last thing ebay is my best friend i am getting tons of stuff off of ebay, which is saving me $$$$$, i plan once the car is done to spend about $35,000 CND which for that money, i cannot get a car with thet kind of power, or anything, that i will be gettin out of my car, and also i get a car that i absolutely love.
Please don't make me laugh saving money on ebay, I hope you are not buying anything FI related.. ebay will quickly become an your worst enemy if you did. I have never seen so many turbos being bought on ebay destroying people's engines than now.

Chinese Garretts are the most funny and everyone dances around waving the I got a Garrett turbo flag.

Trust me guy, ebay will quickly exhaust all of your $ 35k on your engine rebuilding ALONE after using ebay FI stuff.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:26 PM   #20
dirtyd14
2nd Gear Member

i am not using e-bay for any motor part (ok maby one or to but not much) and i am definitly not buying FI stuff off of e-bay, it is stricktly for body, interior, and extras. And i will admit that i havent done a turbo build myself, but i thank u for helping me with the exhaust, and actully my next post was goin to be, to ask a FI e30 owner if he could P.M. me if my turbo list was ok or is there more that i need.
dirtyd14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:32 PM   #21
static
6th Gear Member

IMO, power-wise i see these rational choices:

M20 or M30-swap with TCD blower setup or non-vanos ('92) M50 swap, different pistons/gasket and boost
or
S50 or euro-spec E36M3 engine swap for NA (would be easier and arguably more reliable)

Alex
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:33 PM   #22
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyd14
i am not using e-bay for any motor part (ok maby one or to but not much) and i am definitly not buying FI stuff off of e-bay, it is stricktly for body, interior, and extras. And i will admit that i havent done a turbo build myself, but i thank u for helping me with the exhaust, and actully my next post was goin to be, to ask a FI e30 owner if he could P.M. me if my turbo list was ok or is there more that i need.
PM me a phone number, I will give you some info and answer your questions. Happy you won't be buying ebay motor related stuff.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #23
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by static
IMO, power-wise i see these rational choices:

M20 or M30-swap with TCD blower setup or non-vanos ('92) M50 swap, different pistons/gasket and boost
or
S50 or euro-spec E36M3 engine swap for NA (would be easier and arguably more reliable)

Alex

Completely agree on the M30 swap, but will be using a Turbo Ready blower kit

Old 03-09-2006, 06:59 PM   #24
tominizer
6th Gear Member

I seriously mean no offense to anyone but I wonder if any 20 year old is mature enuf to be able to safely drive such a car on the road and behave himself ?!?! No offense to the younger crowd .......... BUT just wondering. I was 20 once. Yeah, good times................. but with that sort of weapon !?!? What driving experience do you have to justify needing ALL THAT CAR ?????????

BTW, waste of money. Go into an E30 M3. At least when you go to re-sell it, they are actually now worth something and climbing.
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:14 PM   #25
Striker
Turbo Ready

Hey I am not 20, but thanks for the compliments Oh you mean that dude.

Old 03-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #26
Mtl_e30M3
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer
BTW, waste of money. Go into an E30 M3. At least when you go to re-sell it, they are actually now worth something and climbing.
Enough said.... I just don't get it. I think 95% of all e30 owners will agree that if you plan on investing more than 15K into an e30 it better be an e30 M. For the 35K you could even buy a really nice e30 evo m3. However since building it up seems to be half the fun for you I would suggest buying an e30 m3 for abou 15K and then investing the rest of you budget into it. Just my two cents...
Mtl_e30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #27
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer
1000% agree, get one for around 12 - 15 k and start from there up... 35K is INSANE
Old 03-09-2006, 07:37 PM   #28
Striker
Turbo Ready

It seems as though he did some homework, though 20 years old and hard to believe he has and would blow $ 35K on his car (I never doubt anyone's spending power) I am not sure how serious he is.

I asked him to PM me a number to talk with him, none so far.

We wait and see.....

Old 03-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #29
Jordan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Jordan
So many completely shit mods on that list. SO MANY conflicting items as well.

This guy is a moron.

Last edited by Jordan; 03-09-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:48 PM   #30
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

^^^So what should he do than????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: