Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #31
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

Talking Wheeee!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofer
i'd love for someone to setup like a track or 1/4 mile day so we can bring our e30s out to see how we fair against eachother.
there be like 3 E30 maybe for this,and I will be 1 of them....I will not say what I think my car will do it the 1/4.......
Old 03-09-2006, 03:12 PM   #32
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
What are the costs? do you need to be a member? Is there any training for ppl who have never been on a track?
$80 for 3 hours, fully open lapping. No instruction, just some guidlines. Basic track courtesy required (allow fast cars to pass on straights, no passing unless pointed by, don't think you are senna, don't ride someones ass (again, you're not senna).

That's basically it. Take it easy first few laps, warm up the car and your self, and then have a cooldown lap before pitting (saves brakes and motor).

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #33
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
Yeah, my neighbour used to have an MKII Jetta with a full Corrado swap (VR6, 5-bolt, interior...). It was fast as shit, and still one of the best sounding cars I've ever heard (K&N cone, Borla muffler).
A guy I knew used to have one of these, same setup, on GC's not sure what shocks tho, lotta little cosmetics done also. Car was AWESOME, fast as hell and EASILY one of the BEST SOUNDING THINGS IVE EVER HEARD. I Cant even sum up how this thing sounded (same K&N and Borla)
I was crushed they day I had a cheque ready to buy it off him and preference went to a close family friend of his who took it first (not knowing a thing about the car or caring about it just likeing the look )
Old 03-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #34
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
What are the costs? do you need to be a member? Is there any training for ppl who have never been on a track?
Try and avoid going to Shannonville for a "lapping" day before at least doing one proper performance driving school. It's very easy to damage your car at lapping days when there is no professional supervision (and everyone thinks they're Mario Andretti with their RSX and TypeR's) and WORST of all, you develop bad driving habbits when "self-teaching" yourself how to go around an unfamiliar track.

For around $400 you get a great weekend (2 day) performance driving school (BMWCC-Trillium) with an assigned (personal) veteran instructor, numerous in-class tech sessions and skidpad execises (drifting/autocross lessons) along with a catered Sat eve dinner, track-walk and great memories. PLUS, your insurance company will cover you if something should happen because the BMWCC is recognised as an Ontario teaching institute (tax deductable).

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #35
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

^^^I will be doing one of this my self,this a very good idea too.....
Old 03-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #36
Woofer
6th Gear Member

randy if we setup a group to go will they give out group rates?
Old 03-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #37
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
randy if we setup a group to go will they give out group rates?
I think the most I can swing is $54 discount (waiving the required Club Membership fee). These events are all non-profit and already discounted as much as possible to bring track time for expensive venues (like Mosport and Tremblant) to enthuiasts for minimal costs. Keep in mind, the total cost to rent Mosport is around $35,000 - $40,000 for a weekend!... How many clubs in the GTA can afford that (providing personal instruction) where you don't have to own a Ferrari or Porsche? BMWCC-Trillium events are non-automotive-brand specific... you can own any (road-worthy) car and participate.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #38
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

Thumbs up

^ Wow, if a group of this goes down a thread should be made in advance to get a nice group going considering the small fee that would waved (or even if its not)
Id love to do this
Old 03-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #39
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

i dont believe any of this for some reason
first of all who the **** races in the winter ?
SpoolinS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:37 AM   #40
fukenricen
5th Gear Member

Winter is over ,the birds are singing and its time to smash some gears, im down for this track even im actually building the car for track this year.

wooooooo woooooooooo
AntiRice
11.0@130mph
fukenricen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:34 AM   #41
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_powered
i dont believe any of this for some reason
first of all who the **** races in the winter ?
Who doesn't? I was just out bouncing off the speed governor racing a TSX on the 401. I don't think I've gone a week without a race all winter.
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:57 AM   #42
Woofer
6th Gear Member

You calling me a liar jorge? When wll your audi be ready for a pumping? When ever your ready i said i would throw you a shift lol
Old 03-10-2006, 07:44 AM   #43
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

I am scared to race....evil..hehehaha....
Old 03-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #44
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul christians
I am scared to race....evil..hehehaha....
lool i would be too racing the shit outta that protege
Old 03-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #45
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR
A H22 in a bubble should be doing low 14's no problem with a competant driver (I've have had to friends that were pulling 14.1's in Civic coupe's on street tires - Motomasters - w/ full interiors)... this is on a stock H22 motor, as long as everything is working as it should...

I'm 100% sure that u'r E30 is not a low 14 sec car... even with tho's mods... but it seems more like the races you're having are more of a drivers race.

As for torque... the H22 make decent torque, and still makes 220 HP... so either way you slice it, in a civic hatch it shouldn't be hard for the civic to win.
yeah the H22 is like the type R but in a 2L so it has more trq, i raced one in the summer time with my 330ci with bold tires, he's car was do up good!!! we raced few times and i beat him every time by a 1 -1 1/2 cars but in 4th he is coming in slowly, those are some fast cars, thats the only car that gave me problems soo far i killed civics with GSR's and type R's no PROBLEM hehe
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: