Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #1
XI JR IX
1st BMW

Send a message via MSN to XI JR IX
AUDIOCONTROL EQS Feedback?

My setup runs off the factory BMW headunit, because I do not want to replace it, but I want some way of boosting my SQ (not power) instead of using the crappy Line out Converter that I have now.

I looked at the JL Audio CleanSweep, but I was told that the AUDIOCONTROL EQS would do above and beyond the CleanSweep.

I have a bass knob that runs off my amplifier and I still want to be able to use that.

Is it a good idea to get the EQS or should I get the JL Audio CleanSweep??

EQS: http://mobileaudiocontrol.com/produc...2&l2=&l1=17612
CleanSweep: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...hp?prod_id=369

This is my setup:

2 JL 12w3 Subwoofers
1 US Amps AX500DE Amplifier

Thanks for any comments/feedbacks.
XI JR IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:17 PM   #2
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

AUDIOCONTROL has two other units as well and they are called LC8 and LC6, but EQS is one crazy piese of work...I like all of their units...So yes they are good and will help you so much...
Old 02-27-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
XI JR IX
1st BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul christians
AUDIOCONTROL has two other units as well and they are called LC8 and LC6, but EQS is one crazy piese of work...I like all of their units...So yes they are good and will help you so much...
awesome.. yea i looked at the LC6, but that would just give me a power boost and I wanted to boost the SQ.. but my friend said the EQS is like an LC6 with more equalizer settings and stuff to boost SQ..

thanks for the feedback, I ordered the EQS and it's getting put in on sunday, I hope I will be happy with it
Old 02-27-2006, 08:25 PM   #4
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
I haven't heard Cleansweep so I can't give a founded comment, but I can vouch for EQS being an amazing piece of work. The difference is night and day.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:32 PM   #5
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

You will be happy with it man, and enjoy your new setup man....cheers...Justin e36 the cleansweep is not as nice as LC8 or LC6 from Audiocontrol..

Last edited by paul christians; 02-27-2006 at 08:34 PM.
paul christians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:32 PM   #6
XI JR IX
1st BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
I haven't heard Cleansweep so I can't give a founded comment, but I can vouch for EQS being an amazing piece of work. The difference is night and day.
nice nice.. Its good to hear some positive comments..
Old 02-27-2006, 08:34 PM   #7
XI JR IX
1st BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul christians
You be happy with it man and enjoy your new setup man....cheers...Justin e36 the cleansweep is not as nice as LC8 or LC6 from Audiocontrol..
I've enjoyed my setup for a while now.. the subs sound awesome, and I really like the amp.. it was one of the first things I did when I got the car, but as I listen to it more and more I can hear where it lacks the SQ because of the crappy line out converter and its starting to bug me..
Old 02-27-2006, 09:12 PM   #8
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Where do you plan on buying it from?.. maybe I'll grab one too. The SQ on my system is horrible.. still trying to pinpoint it, but I'm presuming it's my stock 92 e36 amp. My W6's pound nice, but the rest of the system is really lacking...
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #9
XI JR IX
1st BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Where do you plan on buying it from?.. maybe I'll grab one too. The SQ on my system is horrible.. still trying to pinpoint it, but I'm presuming it's my stock 92 e36 amp. My W6's pound nice, but the rest of the system is really lacking...
check pm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: