Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-24-2002, 12:47 PM   #16
maverick
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to maverick
study help

to help you study better I think its a good idea to mmmmmm
M3 sorry....you should think about how much its costing you....for your mod i fications sorry tuition. if your having a real hard time concentrating maybe your studying the wrong things. dont listen to me I did way to much *drunk* *drunk*
lol
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 01:12 AM   #17
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
Re: study help

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra
it's an addiction!!
Hehe, i have to agree to that one. At work, my wallpapers are all BMW's my pocket PC has a BMW theme. Dammit, maybe i should start wearing BMW boxers if there's one. hahah

Anyways, about studying. Finish your education first, there's no harm thinking about bmw but make sure it doesn't get into you to much heheheh
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 01:35 AM   #18
SickFinga

don't listen to them drop out of school, you don't need it anyway, go sell some drugs, than start to rob ppl on streets, live on streets for a while, eat trash. maybe you will save up on m3

I know what you are going through I was there not a long time ago, I remember I go on dtm power and I my jaw was dropping to the floor. and I was like one day I'm gonna save up for that 1988 BMW 325is
Also I saw ara325is' car every day, and all i had is my head
BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW
nothing else

well I'm glad that my dream came true pretty fast, it is a good feeling to recieve a set of keys from the dealer.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 01:02 PM   #19
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
it is a good feeling to recieve a set of keys from the dealer.
i think you mean..STEAL a set of keys from the dealer

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 01:52 PM   #20
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
wow...my car is all i think of too....

my dad is gettin pissed...all my time and money goes into my car....and school seems to be a second priority....

gotta keep in focus.....its hard though man
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 05:19 PM   #21
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Quote:
Originally posted by Kal
wow...my car is all i think of too....

my dad is gettin pissed...all my time and money goes into my car....and school seems to be a second priority....

gotta keep in focus.....its hard though man
HAHA my dad said this to me yesterday

Him: "Did u need a short shift"
Me: why replace with stock
"You did not answer the question, Im worried about how much money is going into your car"
Its worth it don't worry
"Don't get to wrapped up in your car you have your studies"
Ya I have to go get ready for school

(He called me in the morning before school cause he took my car to chucks cuz its near where he works)

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 08:31 PM   #22
mike125k
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to mike125k
i look at school as the funding for my M5. to buy an M5 i need a good job, to get one i need a good education. im almost there though (school not the M5 unfortunatly) only a year to go! woohoo then i get to call myself a real engineer
mike125k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 03:04 AM   #23
Dave 325i
4th Gear Member

To become an engineer, don't you have to write some exams for the local engineering body?

I know when I graduate I still have to write some law & ethics exams before I get a P.Eng designation.
Dave 325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 10:20 AM   #24
mike125k
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to mike125k
no we do not have to write any laws or anything like that. im not sure how your profesional engineering licenceing goes in canada, but here you are not required to even take it. if you do its a 2 part test, one tests on all forms of engineering that is about 6 hours long. if you pass that then you need to work under a profesional engineer for 3-6 years and then you can take the second part which is specific to your field. if you pass this then you are a professional engineer. im not sure if i plan on taking the professional engineering exam or not, right now i plan on just getting my BS in mechanical engineering and MBA in buisness.
mike125k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 05:51 PM   #25
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Exclamation If you really want to study...

*warning* not for people with heart conditions. Use this method ONLY if you are in a tight spot. I was doing horrible in an accounting course a while back and I needed like 70% on the exam just to pass the class. What you do is make a BIG cup of coffee, take 2 aspirins, and get yourself some EPHEDRINE. Its tough to get in Canda, you have to find a little nutritional store and ask them (usually sold under the table) or get pre-made mixes such as Hydroxycut (get AMERICAN version only), Xenadrine, etc. etc. For all you flamers out there dont knock it till you tried it.
Old 10-26-2002, 06:36 PM   #26
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
i have that shit...and that shit fu(ks me up yooo

don't take that...u wont' fall asleep for like 2 days

lol
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 06:47 PM   #27
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Question 2 days?!?

Wow 2 days?!? When i did it (the big coffee, 2 aspirins, & 2 Eph's.), I did it right when i woke up w/ my morning coffee... I studied straight (NO JOKE!!!) for 8 hours.. just reading, writing, and working out problems. I went to sleep at my regular time. I did the same thing for the following 2 days and I was fine and got near perfect on the final as far as Hydroxycut goes, I can PERSONALLY say from EXPERIENCE that it is not that harsh at all. The only things that can keep you up for days is cocaine*drunk* . That wont help your studing at all.
Old 10-27-2002, 05:02 PM   #28
KennyTheGreat
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to KennyTheGreat
Re: studyin methods

Quote:
Originally posted by Betray
guys i know most of your are all in school or doing something illegal to get your bmws, so im asking the people in school

how do you guys keep focus on school? i try so hard but i loose my focus like 10 mins later! in class i just sit and day dream about m3s and start doodling m3s with angel eys and a new body kit... what the hell!

anyone got tips or somethin to help me? btw this is totaly off topic!
well

if u watched billy madison

his 3rd grade teacher studies with him. After getting an answer right, she takes off one piece of cloth off her body.

blah

but i just read the books and pretend to listen in class

wahtever works

Ken
KennyTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 09:45 AM   #29
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Re: If you really want to study...

Quote:
Originally posted by Miguel
*warning* not for people with heart conditions. Use this method ONLY if you are in a tight spot. I was doing horrible in an accounting course a while back and I needed like 70% on the exam just to pass the class. What you do is make a BIG cup of coffee, take 2 aspirins, and get yourself some EPHEDRINE. Its tough to get in Canda, you have to find a little nutritional store and ask them (usually sold under the table) or get pre-made mixes such as Hydroxycut (get AMERICAN version only), Xenadrine, etc. etc. For all you flamers out there dont knock it till you tried it.
nobody should knock this suggestion at all, because it does have some truth behind the formula. Stimulants like the caffeine and the amphetamines will help you focus much more on whatever you're doing than without. This is especially for people with mild to severe attention deficit disorder (ADD). The prescription drug would be Ritalin, which in a sense does almost the same thing.
I'm not too sure about the aspirin part of that because aspirin can actually cause you to become drowsy. If you're going to do the above though, take only 2 cups (500ml) or coffee or jolt, and then 2 ephedrine. Any more ephedrin will just make you sketch out for hours on end instead of helping you focus (think of being on speed, that's what it'll be like with 3+).

The only way I was able to bring myself up from 55% average in school to an 89% average in most of my classes was to actually do my homework AT school. In my last 2 years I spent my entire lunch periods and spares doing all my homework before I went home that day. Sometimes I would even stay after school in the library to finish it up because as soon as I got home I would get distracted by anything and everything.

Also the benefit to doing your homework at school is that if you get stuck you can always go seek extra help immediately instead of waiting until the next day...

try it out...friends will make fun of you, but in the end they'll all forget about it.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:05 AM   #30
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
well im trying to find some cause i work out =) but i guess i could use it for exams... problem is i wont make it to exams with these poor grades i get..

i hope on computer first thing i do is open winamp and start playin some mp3s after that i head to maxbimmer.. after that word opens up and then gets minimized while i chat on icq for a bit then some work gets done...

uGHH!H!H! im gonna go crazy!!!

i cant concentrate =(

i dont even know what the hell i wanna do in senca.. im gonna take computer programming and i dont even want to =( even tho its what im good at..

i hate working what the hell!!
tell me what u guys all do so i can get some ideas?
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: