Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #16
shimajer
loudddddd
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: at home
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci05
i guess....


are u thinking of a S/C next??
no way bro, out of my budget haha and it's a bitch to sell the car afterwards.
probably just step by step .. Chip for sure (sponsored) then gonna get cams, headers, differential and pulleys
and of course, iwont be able to keep up with your car, but it will be faster hehe.
shimajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:37 PM   #17
330ci05
6th Gear Member
 
330ci05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimajer
no way bro, out of my budget haha and it's a bitch to sell the car afterwards.
probably just step by step .. Chip for sure (sponsored) then gonna get cams, headers, differential and pulleys
and of course, iwont be able to keep up with your car, but it will be faster hehe.


i dont see why u would do all those performance mods, u'll spend soo much money and not enough hp gain... i would go with the GTR hood and csl trunk
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:49 PM   #18
shimajer
loudddddd
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: at home
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci05
i dont see why u would do all those performance mods, u'll spend soo much money and not enough hp gain... i would go with the GTR hood and csl trunk
i dont think its going to be too bad, since i dont need a lot of horsepower gain due to the lighter car of mine compared to other models.
shimajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:53 PM   #19
330ci05
6th Gear Member
 
330ci05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimajer
i dont think its going to be too bad, since i dont need a lot of horsepower gain due to the lighter car of mine compared to other models.


even with ur wing it's lighter.. hehe ... J/K... but 4 real howmuch lighter is it???
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:13 PM   #20
shimajer
loudddddd
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: at home
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci05
even with ur wing it's lighter.. hehe ... J/K... but 4 real howmuch lighter is it???
well , i've read from bmw that 320 is lighter and besides, i hav manual non heated seats, so that weight a whole lot too.
shimajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #21
330ci05
6th Gear Member
 
330ci05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimajer
well , i've read from bmw that 320 is lighter and besides, i hav manual non heated seats, so that weight a whole lot too.



what the heated seats weight alot?? damn thats my next mod, to take them off lol but they feel soo GOOD
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:25 PM   #22
shimajer
loudddddd
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: at home
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci05
what the heated seats weight alot?? damn thats my next mod, to take them off lol but they feel soo GOOD
yah man, weight plays a big part for speed too. you can also take out ur rear seats haha and the spare tire ofcourse.
shimajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:34 PM   #23
330ci05
6th Gear Member
 
330ci05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimajer
yah man, weight plays a big part for speed too. you can also take out ur rear seats haha and the spare tire ofcourse.

i know weight plays a big part, but i didn't know that the heated seats would weigh that much more...yeah my spare tire is OFF
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:49 PM   #24
shimajer
loudddddd
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: at home
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci05
i know weight plays a big part, but i didn't know that the heated seats would weigh that much more...yeah my spare tire is OFF
well i guess not just the heated seats, there are alot of things that 320 dont have. I have less buttons in the middle haha.
shimajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:52 PM   #25
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator
 
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: T.Dot
Posts: 9,317
Dude I think you might be really lucky.

this guy has 2 330ix motors......thats if the ix motors are the same, they were in e30s, but im not sure......if it is, $2900 is a steal.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66582
__________________
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 03:03 AM   #26
bimmer_02
Picture Me Rollin'
 
bimmer_02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 377
our 320 motors are 2.2L and it gives about 168 horses.
i just feel that starting on a 330 motor has way more potentional, i mean imagine that supercharger on the 330, i can get way more horses, so investing money in a 330 is more logical.

But meanwhile if u do work on ur 320 and lightly modify the engine, its pretty good for a 2.2, u'll get satisfied, just not that fast tho ...
i'v been driving on a 320 for about 2 years now, so i think its time to go up a notch.
__________________
bimmer_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:59 AM   #27
330ci05
6th Gear Member
 
330ci05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_02
our 320 motors are 2.2L and it gives about 168 horses.
i just feel that starting on a 330 motor has way more potentional, i mean imagine that supercharger on the 330, i can get way more horses, so investing money in a 330 is more logical.

But meanwhile if u do work on ur 320 and lightly modify the engine, its pretty good for a 2.2, u'll get satisfied, just not that fast tho ...
i'v been driving on a 320 for about 2 years now, so i think its time to go up a notch.

i know what u mean... i wanna go up a notch myself
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:15 AM   #28
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor
 
RMPMOTORS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Posts: 1,423
The ix motor can be installed just have to swap oil pans.

I can get my hand on a 04 330 motor with 10k on it if you guys are interested ..
__________________

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors
RMPMOTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:32 PM   #29
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,218
Send a message via MSN to lvan
10k ? Nice man
Super fresh!
__________________
-2013 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
-2006 Bianchi Reparto Corse - Handmade in Italy (Does your bike need a pro-tune up? PM ME)
-1991 BMW 318i (SOLD)
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:39 PM   #30
Marky_mark
Detailing Specialist
 
Marky_mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Aurora
Posts: 480
Send a message via MSN to Marky_mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_02
I dont think a supercharger is worth it on a 320i shimajer

And i cannot sell my car and buy a 330i, because theres around a $10K difference plus im also gona lose some money on my car when i sell it, i don't have that kind of money yet.

Do i need to change differential and other components in the car?
also, is there a big weight difference between my car and the 330i? other than ofcourse the engine. in other words, if i swap a 330 into my engine and have a go with a 330i, would there be a difference ?

thanx
If you put a 330 engine into your car you will need to also upgrade your braking system you will need the the Calipers and Rotors off a 330i or ci or an aftermarket braking system as the 300i and 330ci have a bigger braking system than the 320i and 325i. good luck with your project theres nothing better than more power
__________________
Marky_mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.