Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-21-2006, 10:00 PM   #1
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
how should i do it?

i came up with a way to avoid getting killed with killer insurance $$$ my sister whos already on my moms minivans insurance as a secondary driver plus she 18 and has her G licence agreed to put insurance in her name so i can save $$..so im guessing the insurance cant be that bad if i put the insurance in her name for my e30.

these are my 2 options regarding the cars ownership/insurance:

(1)the e30 hasnt been transfered over yet from the previous owner so i thought if it would be ok if the ownership is transfered in my name and is insured under my sister...BUT then wouldnt that raise eyebrows?

(2)put car+insurance in my sisters name.

so im asking is it possible 2 do the first option and get away with it or just to be safe go with option 2?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I dont think the owner of a car can be insured on it unless they are first driver. That's what my broker told me, and that's why my BMW is in my mom's name

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #3
Gamite

It doesn't matter who the car owner is, the insurance company will take whoever you say is the primary driver.

My E34 is in my name, and my mom is the primary driver

another solution to have cheaper insurance is make your home address out in the boonies like Ajax or something. If you know someone who lives there, like a friend or something, send your insurance out there. its something like 40% cheaper.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:10 PM   #4
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
i see gamite interesting....so ur basically saying they dont care about whos name the ownership is under and somebody else other then the car's owner can be the primary driver?

Last edited by e30_kid89; 02-21-2006 at 10:12 PM.
e30_kid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:14 PM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
my mom must've paid off my broker, she got herself a free bmw by scamming me!

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:23 PM   #6
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30_kid89
i see gamite interesting....so ur basically saying they dont care about whos name the ownership is under and somebody else other then the car's owner can be the primary driver?
i've heard otherwise........but im not sure.
I dont have any first hand experience, so i can't comment
Old 02-21-2006, 11:07 PM   #7
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
i dunno what it is with canad and car insurance, you guys get it pretty bad, my insurance actually just went down yet again, full coverage and only 97 bucks a month now

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: