Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2006, 05:42 AM   #1
coolhand
Banned
 
coolhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,470
Sympatico vs. Rogers



You tell me what ones better?

Sympatico:


Rogers:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sympatico.jpg (223.1 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg Rogers.jpg (220.8 KB, 137 views)
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
Acidblast
3rd Gear Member
 
Acidblast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 571
you gotta be kidding me? how are you getting those kinds of speeds with sympatico? my rogers is like 6mb/sec
__________________
"Ooh, they have the internet on computers now" Homer J. Simpson
Acidblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
Justin e36
---
 
Justin e36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: etobicoke
Posts: 12,331
Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Those screenshots above are misleading.

You realize there is a difference between Kbps, Mbps, and KBps right?
(also Acidblast's 6 MBps is different as well.)

To convert Kbps (kilobits per second) to Mbps (Megabits per second), divide my 1024.

KBps is Kilobytes per second.
MBps is Megabytes per second.

1 Kbps = 0.125 KBps
1 Mbps = 0.125 MBps

1 Mbps = 1024 Kbps
1 MBps = 1024 KBps
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: T-Dot
Posts: 9,972
Tekniq, Do u have to pay for giganews?
__________________
#E36-S54 #CSLWannabe
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:09 AM   #5
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Those screenshots above are misleading.

You realize there is a difference between Kbps, Mbps, and KBps right?
(also Acidblast's 6 MBps is different as well.)

To convert Kbps (kilobits per second) to Mbps (Megabits per second), divide my 1024.

KBps is Kilobytes per second.
MBps is Megabytes per second.

1 Kbps = 0.125 KBps
1 Mbps = 0.125 MBps

1 Mbps = 1024 Kbps
1 MBps = 1024 KBps

How are they misleading?? They show bandwidth speed in kilobits/kilobytes and megabits/kilobytes
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:39 AM   #6
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
How are they misleading?? They show bandwidth speed in kilobits/kilobytes and megabits/kilobytes
that's what I thought, they're both showing the download rate in the same format.
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:56 AM   #7
koncise
all you need is one mike
 
koncise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 3,545
Send a message via MSN to koncise
yeah, justin is wrong for a change

and in conclusion, rogers > bell
__________________
koncise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #8
BMWF1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
^^ until u hit the download cap
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:36 PM   #9
koncise
all you need is one mike
 
koncise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 3,545
Send a message via MSN to koncise
meh.. im at 104.21 this month... a little over the cap. the most i've gone over is 116.49... never heard from them. i "heard" they're not strictly enforcing it right now... dunno if thats true or not
__________________
koncise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #10
Lennon
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Posts: 3,379
Send a message via ICQ to Lennon Send a message via MSN to Lennon
Whats misleading is that you can't just go and download from anyones newzbin at those speeds... I obviously have mine set up that way so however fast my internet connection is, thats how fast I will download from the server... and if you think that doesn't irk Rogers, your sadly mistaken. Keep downloading at those speeds and be expecting a call or letter from Rogers to tone your shit down.

Also if your going to be downloading from public servers in Newzbin, your definatly not going to hit those speeds... half that maybe.. maybe even less. As the person your downloading from won't want you stealing all their bandwidth just so you can download a movie in an hour.
__________________
1990 735iL under construction.....
Lennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #11
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennon
Whats misleading is that you can't just go and download from anyones newzbin at those speeds... I obviously have mine set up that way so however fast my internet connection is, thats how fast I will download from the server... and if you think that doesn't irk Rogers, your sadly mistaken. Keep downloading at those speeds and be expecting a call or letter from Rogers to tone your shit down.

Also if your going to be downloading from public servers in Newzbin, your definatly not going to hit those speeds... half that maybe.. maybe even less. As the person your downloading from won't want you stealing all their bandwidth just so you can download a movie in an hour.

You have no idea how it works, dont you?
Newgroups are not P2Ps
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #12
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,842
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
yeah, lennon lookup what a news server is (try usenet). the real questions is, who cares? i honestly dont care if my internet connection is 4 mbps or 20. if you can download a movie in less time then it takes to watch it, you're good
__________________
I run a canadian led kit & hid kit company, if you have any questions about led headlights or hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here: http://absolutehid.ca

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 02:21 PM   #13
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
you pay to be on that?

if you get those speeds all the time i guess it's worth something.
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:08 PM   #14
coolhand
Banned
 
coolhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie
Tekniq, Do u have to pay for giganews?
Ya, I got the silver package, probbably gonna upgrade to the Platinum one though.

http://www.giganews.com/
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:15 PM   #15
Lennon
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Posts: 3,379
Send a message via ICQ to Lennon Send a message via MSN to Lennon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
You have no idea how it works, dont you?
Newgroups are not P2Ps
Uhh.. yes.. I do. I hate P2P.. hence me using newsgroups.

I don't understand why your asking.
__________________
1990 735iL under construction.....
Lennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015