Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 11:33 PM   #106
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BigD
You guys'll probably get pissy on me too but I have to agree with that guy to some extent. I do disagree about jealousy, that's crap. Just from talking to car nut friends, the 3 series (like the C class benz, the Caddy Catera, the whatever baseline Jag) is a way for a person to get the status symbol without paying the cash. If it were purely because of MSRP jealousy, they wouldn't have even listed the 3 or BMW altogether (and certainly no wranglers and shit). You'd see Bentleys, Rolls', Lambo's, Ferrari's etc. You'd need 4 brand new 745s to get into the cheapest Rolls. Incidently, the King of fags, Elton John has a McLaren F1 - how often do you think the car sees anything above 55 mph?

If you're looking to get noticed and have 14k, would you spend it on a '90 7 series, a '93 5 Series or a '97 3 series or a brand spankin new, 7 year/100k km warranted Kia?

And buying a car to get noticed is pretty gay. So if that's why you bought yours, then be offended because it sucks. But if you didn't, what the hell do you care what the poll says? I love all of the pre '95 (excluding e36) Bimmers and would buy all of them if I had the money and space. Right down to the '20's 328s. People think the roundel means posing fag? Meh, fock 'em. I know why I bought it so I'm not offended (aside from the 5 being the smallest BMW I fit...).

AND, if you forget about the BMW for a second, you gotta admit the rest of that list looks pretty damn accurate! (the stang, F body and the trucks are still the staple of Redneck dream rides)

For what it's worth.
BigD
I dont agree Im sorry. So you are saying that people dont get noticed in a BMW v.s any other car?? BMW comes with a lot of prestiege, obviously not as much as a ferrari does or a Lambo, but what are you comparing here?? Apples and oranges. So tell me compare the "feeling" you would get from riding in a BMW vs a Lexus vs an Infinity vs an Audi, and which would give you the highest feeling of prestiege?? So dont be saying that your bmw doesnt give you a feeling that no honda or mazda could give you cause if you do then thats crap. Think about it, and you will see that you didnt buy a BMW because it is an economical car that is built well, you got it for the looks and feeling you get from it........and if you dont think like that then you are BS'ing yourself and everyone else on this board.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:08 AM   #107
mchldreuce
1st Gear Newbie

I am back to respond. Hope this will get rid of my status as a 'one post wonder'

"I don't care if my car is cheap I didn't buy it because of the price I bought it because I like it. Ohhhh wow you gonna buy a 330 you must be so proud of yourself.. I could go out and buy a 2002 M3 tomorrow if I wanted but what's the point when i enjoy my car. "

Excellent point SLOWERED. You are exactly right.

Yes, I will be proud of myself if I get one. I've worked really hard for a long time to afford something like that.

"atleast we are active members here! yeah we might not all like the same cars but i'm sure we don't have a problem with likeing other people. Even if they are gay!"

Not an excellent point. You actually do have problems. I think it was you that spoke of the 'jealous b**chs'. I think a good many other members had things to say about both canadians and 'f*gs'. You sort of contradicted yourself there. You don't have a problem with other people...even if they are gay? Then why did you start this post? Based on that, I would assume that you'd like the fact that gay people like your car.

"We all have our own opinions nuff said"

Another excellent point.

"wtf? i dont expect to be driving a m3 for my first car... and good i dont want homeless asking for handouts...

as for my car being 8k yeah im lucky to have it since ive never worked a day in my life"

That seems to make sense I wouldn't argue...ACCEPT..it was you that said canadians are too poor to buy a Bimmer. Does that mean you are canandian? I'm confused...sorry.

"my car its ugly and its shit.. but when i do get that bmw, your ugly ass bitch will be begging to get shotgun, not the car, my F---ing DIC!"

Wow, I guess I will just have to keep her on a short leash huh? With all of the other troubles in cultivating a good relationship, I now have to worry about her jumping on your 'DIC'. <---note sarcasm.

"You don't seem to realize that a lot of these E30's you listed for under $1000 look like shit. They can't even compare with the condition of the E30's on Maxbimmer, and yes they are classics, and as the years go by it becomes more and more difficult to find any good ones. "

You are right, that's why I doubled the price of most of the cars I pointed out. This in no way can accurately portray the overall value of your cars though. I think you missed my point though. When I replied, it was to those claiming that others couldn't own Bimmers based on it's price. That just isn't true. Face it, MOST people on this very forum can't afford a lot of the new Bimmers out there, me included. A lot of you have decided to get used BMWs because you either preferred them, or that's what was in your price range. Seems that a lot of time was spent knocking other people for THEIR choices in cars....and the fact that they couldn't afford them. My point?....ANYONE can buy a BIMMER if they get a used one. Those that realized this and made the decision to go used....GOOD CHOICE. Now quit twisting my words around.

"I believe that 325 owners are jealous of 328 owners and 328 owners are jealous of M3 owners."

My post was based on current models for simplicity's sake. I THINK the 328 is no longer produced. However, if I offended any 328 owners out there, or if I was incorrect about that, I'm sorry, I will see about editing my first post to include them.

"Seriously, who the fu*k are you to say these things to us?"

To answer, a forum member. I thought this board was for both opinion and fact. Correct me if I'm wrong.

"um, also, remember that he's quoting american prices."

Correct. I have no idea what the overseas value of a Bimmer is.

"why don't we just find his IP adress and find out where he lives and have a word"

That's just silly..but if you must know, I'm in Kuwait. Make sure to come from the south (Saudi Arabia), not the north (Iraq). Wouldn't want you to get shot before you get a chance to 'have a word'

"Personally I'd rather drive a 85 325e than a 2002 Civc. Why you ask. Because it's a bmw and I love them. I love german cars, I've always been around german cars and personally I think all other cars are shit. I got a 93 320i and I wouldn't sell it because of the cash I'm investing in it right now. Yes it's probably worth less than a 02 Civic but I still get looks of jeolusy from 02 civic drivers (sorry for my spelling)."

The rest of you should take note to this. He drives a Bimmer because he loves the car. Interesting concept. Sort of like what I said in my original post. ACCEPT. no, it doesn't get looks of jealousy from '02 civic drivers. Why? Because they CAN afford to buy a Bimmer similar to yours. They just chose not to. Bad choice? Probably so. But to each his own.

"shit he live in Texas"

no he don't

"Everyone knows that the greatest proportion of fags are the cowboys that live in Texas"

Everyone knows that? When did that come out? Where was the post? Where was the news broadcast? Wait, are you making things up? I thought San Fransisco still held that title.

"Still looking for my replacement" for his ride...............whats the matter?? Your boyfriends horse broke down again cowboy?? Well then just jump on from behind to the next boys' horse and saddle up and ride off into the sunset."

Actually, that was pretty funny. If this were a contest for the best putdown, you win. I did however point out that I wasn't gay...nor do I live in TX. So, your comment is just sort of silly. As said before, I'm in Kuwait. I'm an officer in the Army. Currently I spend my time preparing to defend another country. I will ask you not to make any 'don't ask don't tell' jokes." They are played out, and I've already established that I'm straight. If you don't believe me there's nothing I can do for you.

"And buying a car to get noticed is pretty gay. So if that's why you bought yours, then be offended because it sucks.

He agreed with me, but I don't really agree with him. Let's face it, a lot of us buy cars to get noticed. That's the point in having a nice ride. From what I hear, a Hyundai really is a good riding car with a good engine and great warranty. If we only wanted a 'good' car and didn't care about being noticed, then everyone would drive the same car, same color, same modifications. I think my point was geared more towards those that feal superior to all persons that don't own a Bimmer. Actually, a lot of you that don't own a Bimmer actually feel superior simply because you are a member of this post. I try to avoid slang, but admit it, that's just wack.

"BMW comes with a lot of prestiege, obviously not as much as a ferrari does or a Lambo, but what are you comparing here?? Apples and oranges. So tell me compare the "feeling" you would get from riding in a BMW vs a Lexus vs an Infinity vs an Audi, and which would give you the highest feeling of prestiege?? So dont be saying that your bmw doesnt give you a feeling that no honda or mazda could give you cause if you do then thats crap. Think about it, and you will see that you didnt buy a BMW because it is an economical car that is built well, you got it for the looks and feeling you get from it........and if you dont think like that then you are BS'ing yourself and everyone else on this board."

Yep, I agree. A lot of people get Bimmers for the feeling of prestige. Add on top of that the fact that they ARE well built cars. You really can't lose with them.

BUT...do they make you BETTER than the guy driving a Hyundai? No, not in the least. You might win the argument for having better taste in cars, but that's about it.

Just so we are all clear, I don't claim to be an expert on BMWs. I have never owned one. I have done some research on the net and I have a friend that lets me drive his from time to time. That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge. For those of you that bashed my grasp of Bimmer technicalities, you were probably right. I have no idea what the difference between an E30 or E46 or E812 is. I came to this forum to learn about it though. I normally just read in order to gain the information I need before making a big purchase. This thread however just seemed out of place. Most of the members seem to be true enthusiasts that love their cars and want to share good information about them. But when you start ranting about what the gay community says, or what canandians think, or what civic owners think, you are out of line. Using a car to hold yourself higher than the others around you is pitiful. Having a Bimmer does give you bragging rights. But how can you call a country as a whole a 'bunch of jealous b**chs' because an article printed in ONE of their news papers said gays preferred them? That's silly. One of you noted that gay guys tend to be in with the current trends and styles. I think I'd be proud if that community thought my car was the best. Wouldn't it have made more sense to title this forum "GAYS PICK OUR CAR 3RD.....BS..IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 1ST!!". I think the true fans of the car....not the fans of the 'p*ssy' it gets you will agree.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:55 AM   #108
bart320i
6th Gear Member

sgd

Who the fu**ck cares what this guy says he probably rides a camel and has alot of time on his hands. Thats what he means when he's looking around for a new ride. He need a new camel to bum fu**ck.

Thank god I don't live in Kuwait
Old 11-11-2002, 09:10 AM   #109
BigD
the misanthropist

No man. All I'm saying is that sticker price and prestiege status envy is not the reason the 3 series is on that list. If it were, then even the 7 series wouldn't be on it. It would be the cars I listed below and of that sort. It's because when people buy a brand new 320i it's not always because they want to own a great handling and well built car but because that's the most "BMW status" they can afford. Do you really think that if they could afford a 745 they'd buy a 320? But the money a 320 costs will fetch you a HELL OF A LOT more car from Honda or Toyota. But you won't be able to tell your buddies at work "I've got a brand new BMW".

I'm also not saying that I don't feel better in my car than that shit but I also know that it's not the main reason I bought it so I don't care what that article says. By getting all pissed off about it, all you're showing is that it IS the reason you bought yours.

By the way, Mr Army dude, I wouldn't be so confident in using that as your proof of not being gay.... j/k

BigD

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino

I dont agree Im sorry. So you are saying that people dont get noticed in a BMW v.s any other car?? BMW comes with a lot of prestiege, obviously not as much as a ferrari does or a Lambo, but what are you comparing here?? Apples and oranges. So tell me compare the "feeling" you would get from riding in a BMW vs a Lexus vs an Infinity vs an Audi, and which would give you the highest feeling of prestiege?? So dont be saying that your bmw doesnt give you a feeling that no honda or mazda could give you cause if you do then thats crap. Think about it, and you will see that you didnt buy a BMW because it is an economical car that is built well, you got it for the looks and feeling you get from it........and if you dont think like that then you are BS'ing yourself and everyone else on this board.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:59 AM   #110
maverick
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to maverick
Hey New guy

Hey Welcome to max Go Fu*k yourself. Who are you to come here 2 posts strong and start giving everyone here a hard time. Another thing holly shit You MUST have a lot of free time in the army but then again working in the mess hall only requires you to work just feed the real soldiers if anything you should get something for the longest post ever. You know..I drive a 1990 E30 Its not much but I do all I can to make it unique. Thats why I dont buy a civic cause there's 3 fuc*ing millin of them. Another thing this is a BMW forum were all proud of our cars here what we have and for most of us what we had to go through to get them, its not so much disliking gay people liking our cars it our cars being labled as the ultimate gay car. I dont know many gay people but gay to me says weak, whinny OH MAYBE THAYS WHAT ALL THE TALK WAS ABOUT NOT WANTING GAYS IN THE ARMY.hhmmm.then you might be a part of the ULTIMATE GAY ARMY. What do you think of that?? Im sure there are some VW owners who are just as proud of thier cars who were just as pissed off, they got slagged pretty hard too. Its mostly about image,callme superficial if your conservative buy a hyundai. Gay people drive BMW's fine great. Gay people like Bmw's great label my car as being gay FU*K off. Anyways gotta work for a bit now come back soon hit post #3.
Old 11-11-2002, 11:24 AM   #111
BigD
the misanthropist

Yeah baby! Go maverick!
Old 11-11-2002, 04:01 PM   #112
Fast_Gal
3rd Gear Member

i just wanted to say that i owned a 2000 camaro before my bmw. Also known as one of the American Muscle cars. Now i have to admit i have noticed a big difference in the type of guys that attempt to talk to me regarding my car. With the camaro, most of the men that would attempt to talk to me were men that women would typically classify as "manly & rugged" types. Example, Biker guys (harleys or superbikes) They were men that seemd to be very macho and liked to talk about horsepower and how to increase it. I also noticed the camaro gave me more of a butchy look which intimidated many other guys. (maybe cause it's considered a man's car)

Now after owning the BMW, much of that has changed. I don't exactly have guys coming up to me to talk about performance and horsepower. Most of these guys will starting talking about money and possibly upgrading to an M series. And the type of men has also changed. I don't get looks like i used to. With the camaro guys would look at the car, then me. With the BMW i notice guys look at me, then the car. Also, i feel that my BMW make me look a little more girlie.

My opinion: I don't think guys that drive BMW's are gay. To be honest most men i see driving BMW's seem to be a little more refined and possibly a little more intelligent. Men in BMW's give off a "sexy" look, while men in muscle cars give off a "macho" look.

If you drive a muscle car and are offended by my intelligence comment, just CHILL. If you ask women this question, this will be the "GENERAL" consensus. It does not apply to specific cases of professionals in the muscle car industy.

Last edited by Fast_Gal; 11-11-2002 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:04 PM   #113
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast_Gal
i just wanted to say that i owned a 2000 camaro before my bmw. Also known as one of the American Muscle cars. Now i have to admit i have noticed a big difference in the type of guys that attempt to talk to me regarding my car. With the camaro, most of the men that would attempt to talk to me were men that women would typically classify as "manly & rugged" types. Example, Biker guys (harleys or superbikes) They were men that seemd to be very macho and liked to talk about horsepower and how to increase it. I also noticed the camaro gave me more of a butchy look which intimidated many other guys. (maybe cause it's considered a man's car)

Now after owning the BMW, much of that has changed. I don't exactly have guys coming up to me to talk about performance and horsepower. And the type of men has also changed. I don't get looks like i used to. With the camaro guys would look at the car, then me. With the BMW i notice guys look at me, then the car. Also, i feel that my BMW make me look a little more girlie.

My opinion: I don't think guys that drive BMW's are gay. To be honest most men i see driving BMW's seem to be a little more refined and possibly a little more intelligent. Men in BMW's give off a "sexy" look, while men in muscle cars give off a "macho" look.

If you drive a muscle car and are offended by my intelligence comment, just CHILL. If you ask women this question, this will be the "GENERAL" consensus. It does not apply to specific cases of professionals in the muscle car industy.
ya I am be both ingellijent and verrry sexy..........grrrrrrrrrr
Old 11-11-2002, 04:22 PM   #114
maverick
5th Gear Member

Nice I Have the best of both worlds BMW and 2001 gsxr 750 superbike
Old 11-11-2002, 04:44 PM   #115
M3_Styles
2nd Gear Member

i just feel like those fukers
chix flock to 3series bimmers like crazy
so i dont know wat kinda bs that is but it is definately bs
Old 11-12-2002, 04:14 AM   #116
mchldreuce
1st Gear Newbie

Re: Hey New guy

Quote:
Originally posted by maverick
Hey Welcome to max Go Fu*k yourself. Who are you to come here 2 posts strong and start giving everyone here a hard time. Another thing holly shit You MUST have a lot of free time in the army but then again working in the mess hall only requires you to work just feed the real soldiers if anything you should get something for the longest post ever. You know..I drive a 1990 E30 Its not much but I do all I can to make it unique. Thats why I dont buy a civic cause there's 3 fuc*ing millin of them. Another thing this is a BMW forum were all proud of our cars here what we have and for most of us what we had to go through to get them, its not so much disliking gay people liking our cars it our cars being labled as the ultimate gay car. I dont know many gay people but gay to me says weak, whinny OH MAYBE THAYS WHAT ALL THE TALK WAS ABOUT NOT WANTING GAYS IN THE ARMY.hhmmm.then you might be a part of the ULTIMATE GAY ARMY. What do you think of that?? Im sure there are some VW owners who are just as proud of thier cars who were just as pissed off, they got slagged pretty hard too. Its mostly about image,callme superficial if your conservative buy a hyundai. Gay people drive BMW's fine great. Gay people like Bmw's great label my car as being gay FU*K off. Anyways gotta work for a bit now come back soon hit post #3.
What was that all about? Sounds like you are getting pretty roudy about this whole thing. How did we get from a BMW to the 'Ultimate gay army?' Sounds like you are reaching, I don't really know for what though. Try reading my comments again. I love the cars. I just think it's crazy for people to get all bent out of shape about who else like's their cars. Yes, in retrospect I guess it is different to hear that 'gay people like your car' as opposed to it being 'a gay car'. You are absolutely right about that one.
I don't recall telling anyone to "F*ck off" or to go "f*ck themselves". All I did was point out obvious descrepencies about what people were saying. Example: Claiming that people were jealous of their expensive $4,000 dollar cars.
I see that you however, would rather just drop some F bombs and not really pay attentention to what anyone is talking about.
And bashing the army? What's that about? You have no idea what I do for the army and nor will you ever. Is it a gay army? I wouldn't think so. Join and find out for yourself. If there is a proponderance of gays in the army, just remember, they are the ones providing you with the freedom to drop so many F bombs.

"Who the fu**ck cares what this guy says he probably rides a camel and has alot of time on his hands. Thats what he means when he's looking around for a new ride. He need a new camel to bum fu**ck. "

Someone already told that joke man. Check a few posts up. Camel to bum f*ck? Are these the thoughts that go through your head when YOU have time on your hands?
Old 11-12-2002, 07:31 AM   #117
maverick
5th Gear Member

I never called the army gay man... I was using that as an example to change the subject form cars to something obviously you care strongly about. I think I proved my point in that you would defend your armys image like we here are defneding our cars. As for what you do in the army no your right I dont know what you do nor do I really care to know but im sure you do it well. What you have to understand is that this forum isn't only a group of internet guys that get on here to chat if you have been browsing the forum then youknow that we get together for events and a lot of us are friends here, so some new person comes in from no where and starts in on everyone here we all take offence...as you have seen.lol. Listen man seriously welcome to the board your opinions are welcome your taking on the world dont take on everyone in here too. Sometimes some of things said in here is just blowing off steam and really has nothing to do with anything. Like I said if you want to post your opinions great if your opinion is to tear apart everyone eleses opinion then please dont trouble yourself. oh and im not saying if you disagree with someone dont bring it up but everyone, come on you have to expect some retaliation no matter what form it comes in wether your a a$$hole or a camel humper. lol.
p.s Good luck with whatever it is that you are doing where ever you are.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:37 AM   #118
maverick
5th Gear Member

One more thing about people beinig jealous of some of our expensive $4000 cars. Sorry man but I have to disagree with that one. I didn't always own a BMW my first car was a 84 buick lesaber it was a friend of mine on this forum that owned my car before me. I have known him for years went to the same high school as him. Would I say I was jealous he was driving a BMW and I was driving a buick sure I was that doesn't mean though I wasn't proud just to be owning a car. Cheers.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:38 AM   #119
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Guys stop being such fags and kiss and make up, hahahhha!!!!
Old 11-12-2002, 07:40 AM   #120
maverick
5th Gear Member

Maybe that can be the next event MK Gino we can all get together at the krispy kream parking lot get out of our cars and have a big group hug. LOL
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: