Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 05:40 PM   #151
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by Cherm
VERY few Euro trash cars will beat me.... takes one that's well into the +$100k in either sticker or mods to do it.

You're right though about my not belonging here , I just found the gay article thing so damn funny!!

I'll take my SuperCar and leave you guys alone.

Later....

PS - This is a great forum set-up. The LOSER Viper Club should come and take notes!
Doesn't take much to AA stage II turbo charge an M3. And it costs nowhere what you have spent, in some cases even cheaper. The result? You get a car that runs low 12's and I still have all my windows and roof attached (a full car), not some stripped down race prepped car.

There is no better rush than pushing that american muscle as you accelerate in your Viper, but your getting a little too cocky. Your car only costs less because it's produced here (US), try purchasing a Viper in europe and see how much it costs, then take a look at how much a BMW costs over there? See my point?

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 11-12-2002, 05:42 PM   #152
Slowered318
tick.tick.tick.tick.tick

Well "clam" like it or not I just crushed the idea that you were better then me. nice attempt at a come back?
Old 11-12-2002, 06:00 PM   #153
Cherm
1st Gear Newbie

Maybe it's just me but I've never understood why you'd want a "full" car that's supercharged, low 12's etc.. I know some people with 750+ RWHP Viper GTS's that they drive everyday and I think they're nuts.

I got the Viper because I wanted an exotic (yet American) sports car. One that had a lot of power and appeal. It has a hard-top but I never use it, I have an everyday car to drive in the rain and for when I want to play with an on-board computer.

Weekend comes around and its time for a drive or a show. Roll out the Viper and it has everything you could be looking for in your car on that day. LOUD, FAST, LOOKS, TOPLESS, (southern CA this is workable about 11 months a year), KILLER AUDIO. What's it missing? A roof? Quality appointments? Power everything? NAV system? CC? The ablity to calc milage? And WHO CARES ABOUT MPG on these drives?? If I do better than 14 MPG I haven't been driving hard enough!!

Would I drive it to work everyday? God no. But for speed, appeal, pure driving pleasure? Hard to beat owning a Viper. That's something you'll never understand until you actually do own one.

BMW is a "nice" car, you can surely do worse. I've owned 2 (5 & 7 Series). Comparing either to the Viper would be like comparing this little boy Slowered to the truth.... Worlds apart!
Old 11-12-2002, 09:06 PM   #154
Harry
4th Gear Member

I say we bow down to this car god cus none of us will ever be as cool as him.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:26 PM   #155
moerom
6th Gear Member

And can you feel the love tonight.....

(Just trying to lighten the mood).

All I'm saying is everyone say sorry and realize that its different strokes for different folks.
Old 11-12-2002, 10:53 PM   #156
325Ryan
3rd Gear Member

Since when does the car you drive make you a better person?

I drive a '87 plymouth horizon, does that mean i cant talk to you cherm, or empowerd, or slowered or the 100's of people with cars way nicer than mine?

BTW i think this guy gets too much pleasure out of harrasing us. How many other forums is this big argument linked to?
Old 11-13-2002, 12:19 AM   #157
Fast_Gal
3rd Gear Member

Cherm: How old are you? Most of the Viper's i've seen around are usually driven by much older men. I always thought that was due to the fact that they needed a viper to still get noticed. Viper's and Vette's do the trick(get the looks) in that respect. It is extremely interesting that you own one of each.

Vipers: Yes they look nice, yes they are fast. NO they are not the best looking cars, nor are they the fastest cars. For the price, cheap power yes, but not really. In the end Chrysler manages to slap together a bucket of bolts that exherts lots of horsepower.

Vettes: I can't even tell you how many vettes come into the dealership with problems. Everything from trannies to pannel noises. Vettes are just totally annoying. Where i come from they are the typical loser cars.

Well i guess if you're single, have lots of money, and are starting to bald.... buy a corvette to drive to work and then buy a viper for the weekends.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:26 AM   #158
Slowered318
tick.tick.tick.tick.tick

Very well put Fast_gal

btw is your E46 white?
Old 11-13-2002, 12:30 AM   #159
mchldreuce
1st Gear Newbie

HA HA, that guy is a bigger d*ck than me.

What is it with making fun of other people's cars? It's bad enough to think your car makes you better than others. But seeking out a forum that in no way pertains to your car to raise yourself up? Pitiful.

Chem, those really are nice cars, both of them. If I had the money, I would love to buy a Viper for the weekend. But I don't..poor me. I guess I can consider my life a waste.

From your picture, you do seem happy, so I guess those cars are serving their purpose. I was wondering though. That girl in the picture with you..your sister I assume...is she single?
Old 11-13-2002, 12:35 AM   #160
Fast_Gal
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Slowered318
Very well put Fast_gal

btw is your E46 white?

yes it is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmw2.jpg (27.8 KB, 80 views)
Old 11-13-2002, 12:41 AM   #161
moerom
6th Gear Member

Nice ride Fast_Gal !
Old 11-13-2002, 12:43 AM   #162
Slowered318
tick.tick.tick.tick.tick

Fast_gal I seen you at the woodbridge cruise. something prestige about a white E46.. looks good

mchldreuce
Quote:
From your picture, you do seem happy, so I guess those cars are serving their purpose. I was wondering though. That girl in the picture with you..your sister I assume...is she single?
HAHA That's good I like that.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:43 AM   #163
Fast_Gal
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by moerom
Nice ride Fast_Gal !
Many changes to come. Hopefully, the first mod will be on this week.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:44 AM   #164
moerom
6th Gear Member

Whatcha doing to it?

(BOOST BOOST BOOST)
Old 11-13-2002, 01:08 AM   #165
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by moerom
Whatcha doing to it?

(BOOST BOOST BOOST)
Hi Fast_Gal,

I'm guessing new shoes?

Never mind Moerom, no boost for that classy auto of yours.
Leave that for Big Powerful Lightnings! *devil*

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: