Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-15-2006, 12:22 AM   #1
Uganda1
1st Gear Newbie

E30 Imports

So, I'm just wondering, does anyone know of a place where you can have the exact e30 you want imported with all the parts on it you want. Say like I wanted a euro 325i with mtech2 kit and Schnitzer rims, is there a company I could go to and tell them exactly that and then they would find it for me and bring it over from Germany?

Thanks
Uganda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:28 AM   #2
Jordan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Jordan
Willz.ca
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:34 AM   #3
Uganda1
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks

Is this type of place were most of you get your e30's? I noticed the prices are a bit steep like 30 000 for an e34 540i. Is there a a cheaper dealer?

Thanks for your replies
Old 02-15-2006, 12:36 AM   #4
Jordan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Jordan
lol.

You don't value the service, you cannot afford it... thus you are just a time suck.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:39 AM   #5
blacknblue-e30
Just black, No blue

Send a message via MSN to blacknblue-e30
I bought the Do-it-yourself kit. All i needed was my instructions a hammer and some sheetmetal.
blacknblue-e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:42 AM   #6
Uganda1
1st Gear Newbie

Actaully....

You are wrong, I am starting a company that does exactly this, import BMW's. So yes I value the service, I am just seeing whats around, infact I know that he is making at least 15 grand on that 540i. Which I personally think is a rip off.

I can get it for 7g and have it in canada for 4g with all costs covered.
Earlier today my account was banned for advertising so I am not advertising, I'm just trying to get an idea of how much people are willing to pay and if there is a demand.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:09 AM   #7
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Sorry, but their service isn't worth more than double what it was sold for to him. The guy wants insane prices for cars people could have imported privately.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:41 AM   #8
Uganda1
1st Gear Newbie

Example

Ok Jordan, just for you here is an easy to understand example:

www.willz.ca is selling:

1988 Canadian M3, 2.3L 195 hp, 241,000 km

$17,500

According to my research it is possible to import and sell with a 20% profit a fully loaded ( extras: AC Schnitzer Muffler, Alarm, Sound System, Schnitzer or BBS rims) Euro 89 M3 2.3l with almost 100 000 less kms than that one and sell it for the same price. ($17,500)

Or

M3 Evo2 121.000 km (fully loaded, tons of extras i.e. roll cage, BBS RS 2 rims, Sytem) for $25 000 CAD

I doubt you will find either of those in the same shape for nearly those prices.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:16 AM   #9
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uganda1
You are wrong, I am starting a company that does exactly this, import BMW's. So yes I value the service, I am just seeing whats around, infact I know that he is making at least 15 grand on that 540i. Which I personally think is a rip off.

I can get it for 7g and have it in canada for 4g with all costs covered.
Earlier today my account was banned for advertising so I am not advertising, I'm just trying to get an idea of how much people are willing to pay and if there is a demand.
1) Reputation: Keep in mind he is an established dealer, who is asking mega high prices which will no doubt be bargained down considerably. If you are the new guy with no reputation you wont be able to ask as much as him.

2) As someone who is in germany now, presently looking for my own car to export to canada, it is not bmw heaven or anything. The "deals" are out there, just like in canada, but it is competitive with everybody after the rare cars - m3s, m5s, etc etc. You will have to be mobile and ready to travel around to find the right car. It would help a lot of you spoke german too! I dont know how many times I have called up to ask about a car and they dont speak english - very frustrating.

3) Overhead: if you are calculating your profit on each car, dont forget to factor in all the other costs like airfare, hotels, transportation in germany, food, cellphone, time, etc. etc. which makes it a lot lower. Also remember that many of the "deals" you see on mobile.de or autoscout are just like the underpriced cars back home - modified, abused , accidented cars that you wouldnt want to buy anyways.

That said, there are a ton of cool cars over here in much better condition than back home ( no rust) and lower mileage (although watch out because clocking is not illegal in germany...)

If you are looking for any specific high-end cars let me know and I can keep my eyes open I might even be coerced into test driving it if its close to me
Old 02-15-2006, 01:26 PM   #10
Uganda1
1st Gear Newbie

I guess I didn't explain it well enough.... I am half Austrian half Canadian, but my family lives in Northern Germany about 25 minutes from AC Schnitzer. Finding a car will never be a problem for me as I speak fluent German and I know a lot about how the exporting process works.

That said I understand that a dealer can ask whatever price he wants and ofcourse a new business has to build its reputation. Although he is charging more than twice what its worth. Anyways this thread isnt about what his prices are I was just replying to Jordan who felt it was his duty to talk shit without having any clue of whats going on.

What I really wanted to know was does anyone know of other dealers who import BMWs? Has anyone ever used the service?

btw bmwstylz.... A round trip train ticket in Germany all the way to Berlin will cost me under 60 bucks, but I can find almost any BMW within 50km of my house. And the Docks where they get loaded are about a 2 hour drive to Holland and the train fair back is like 25 - 30 euro. You mentioned hotels, food and cellphones. I will never have to stay in a hotel, 1 minute of calling in Germany costs 30 cents on a D2 network, I'll pack a sandwhich ; ). You mentioned some of the online services, its not very hard to tell which cars are shit, red flames= DONT BUY.

AND..... Just one last thing, "I have called up to ask about a car and they dont speak english - very FRUSTRATING". While it may be very frustrating for you the reason they do not speak english is because they live in Germany, while in their country you may have to occasionally bow down to their stupid custom of speaking their native language. Just a thought.

Last edited by Uganda1; 02-15-2006 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #11
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Uganda1 , there was a guy from BC that imported E34 m5. He did it alone. I have family in Maouchgladbah (North Germany). It's true that some cars are not priced as in mobile.de. If I were you , I would look for a car myself and get help from someone that has done it. Keep in mind that V8s such as 540s may not be too pricey because gas is very expensive in Germany.

I dont speak Germany but i go on German ebay and I often find late model E30s for $ 300- $500. Some people on this board are asking $5000. That tells you enough.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:20 PM   #12
Uganda1
1st Gear Newbie

You are absolutley right IVAN, I own a 7 series in germany and it's impossible to sell because of the gasoline prices. Right now is an excellent time to bring over the big cars. I am not posting here to get the info for a personal import, A friend and I are planning to start a business and I'm just trying to see what exactly is out there and how much people are willing to pay for the service. The friend I am starting this with brought over a 325i convertible, he bought it for under 3000 euro and here he can get over 8 grand. You are right it is possible to get 500 euro BMWs in good shape I have seen it done and they run great. I am not planning on bringing over junk though, obviously it is more profitable to bring Ms and rare cars over. I mean judging by the prices seen on some other websites it won't be hard to underprice competition. I am content with making 5 grand on an M5 instead of 15.

Last edited by Uganda1; 02-15-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #13
wd948
2nd Gear Member

Here is the cabrio i brought back, came this way with 152 000km for 2700euros, bought it from a guy living two minutes from my house.
All the canadians in Germany were able to find really nice bmws for cheap and easy.

wd948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:32 PM   #14
johnoz
/OO=[][]=OO\

OP since you're going to Germany, check out www.mobile.de
johnoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:36 PM   #15
Uganda1
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks.... read the previous posts.....

Last edited by Uganda1; 02-15-2006 at 08:52 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: