Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-13-2006, 03:15 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Would you kill him!?

I watch this & it makes no sense!? WHY!?
http://www.ridebehindvideos.com/vide...nt20060210.wmv
why would you do that!!?

I think that honda driver deserves to DIE!
Old 02-13-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

EDIT: The guy in the civic explained it, he was coming up to a car(the white one) a little too fast and the white one hit the brakes and buddy in the civic slammed his while swerving to avoid rear ending the white car and ended up doing a 180.

Sorta like when you are screwing around with the radio and look up and bam the car in front of you is hitting the brakes....

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day

Last edited by Nascar318is; 02-13-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

Thats why emergency manuevers should be manditory in drivers education. ****in doorknob civic driver.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #4
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
I saw that at Shannonville durring a lapping day. An STI was going into the corner being followed by a bubble hatch civic who was to close and the STI's brakes were better then the civic and he slammed right into the back of him.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
AMI Motorsports
3rd Gear Member

Interesting fact since the It looks like the Civic didn't impact any other vehicle the worst he/she would get charged for is improper lane change. The bike is actually at fault in this case however you would never see a charge for this kind of incident. I am a motorcycle owner and have seen friends injured before. This is definately why Bikes are more dangerous then Cars and you have to be aware at all times. You can see the rider has 4-5 seconds exactly to make a decision. Most people who ride and have been correctly trained would know in a situation like that you need to use gas more then brake and swerve. However it's hard to tell what you would do just looking at a video intill you are put into that position. Some thing's the rider is actually doing wrong is riding in the center of the lane (oil and debris builds up preventing good acceleration and braking) you can actually here the rider lock the brakes up. Riding in the middle lane (makes you more vulnerable to traffic). These are common things taught riding schools.

In the end a lesson learned for everyone and I hope the Rider is alright. vehicles can be fixed peoples lives can't.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #6
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

wow she had no time to react... but i dont think she got hurt alot tho, looks like she was going about 60-80 km/h.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:27 PM   #7
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMI Motorsports
Interesting fact since the It looks like the Civic didn't impact any other vehicle the worst he/she would get charged for is improper lane change. The bike is actually at fault in this case however you would never see a charge for this kind of incident. I am a motorcycle owner and have seen friends injured before. This is definately why Bikes are more dangerous then Cars and you have to be aware at all times. You can see the rider has 4-5 seconds exactly to make a decision. Most people who ride and have been correctly trained would know in a situation like that you need to use gas more then brake and swerve. However it's hard to tell what you would do just looking at a video intill you are put into that position. Some thing's the rider is actually doing wrong is riding in the center of the lane (oil and debris builds up preventing good acceleration and braking) you can actually here the rider lock the brakes up. Riding in the middle lane (makes you more vulnerable to traffic). These are common things taught riding schools.

In the end a lesson learned for everyone and I hope the Rider is alright. vehicles can be fixed peoples lives can't.
Yes but there's nowere to swerve there was a car in front and car to the right, i dont think swerveing would help... I would either brake or try to laydown the bike. And she had more like 2-3 seconds at max to make a decision.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
AMI Motorsports
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER
Yes but there's nowere to swerve there was a car in front and car to the right, i dont think swerveing would help... I would either brake or try to laydown the bike. And she had more like 2-3 seconds at max to make a decision.
The big thing here is that with rider training and expierence this probably could have been avoided. The Civic made an evasive manuver which was acceptable since he/she was clear of any other vehicle in the riders lane including the rider. The rider just couldn't stop in time.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:21 PM   #9
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl
I saw that at Shannonville durring a lapping day. An STI was going into the corner being followed by a bubble hatch civic who was to close and the STI's brakes were better then the civic and he slammed right into the back of him.
I remember that. Stupid idiot.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:34 PM   #10
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar318is
EDIT: The guy in the civic explained it, he was coming up to a car(the white one) a little too fast and the white one hit the brakes and buddy in the civic slammed his while swerving to avoid rear ending the white car and ended up doing a 180.

Sorta like when you are screwing around with the radio and look up and bam the car in front of you is hitting the brakes....
ok I watched that again.

YES he did Speed up close on that white car 4 car lengths ahead of him.
Looked like 2 car lengths when he did his over braking & "evasive manuvers"
but the resulting TOTAL loss of Control of his vehicle at such low speeds
from needing to brake on dry pavement is just inexcusable, to me.

I mean if this happened in a turn or in the wet there would actualy be an excuse for that.
you also should not be looking at your radio as you start accelerating in heavy traffic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMI Motorsports

can of worms man, can of worms

AMI How can the civic NOT be at fault
-Illegal lane change,
-total loss of control of vehicle= equals
-carless/reckless.
injuries caused as a result of careless/reckless have a possible JAIL time component to it, in Ontario.
-going the wrong way on hiway/roadway way is illegal to
-stopping in the middle of one is illegal also.
thats like 5 things

Come man even a Chinese Soccer mom would be saying: Thats some bad driving.

Counting: one onethousand, two onethousand.
I Barely Got to Three one thousand.
I started counting as soon as the Civic Dived, before it even "chirped"
an alert rider would've seen that "diving"
so it certainly wasn't 4-5 seconds....

I ride myself. There is no way you'd have time to shoulder check or anything!
so she could've (FEmale Rider) could've dived into another lane blind like the Civic!
And target fixating on a Steel wall in your path isn't necessarily a bad thing
as trying to have some input into where you might nail it is important
if you like keeping you limbs attached, don;t want to die etc.
This i know 1st hand!

she did what she could- panic braking!
I do think she could've given more but biker karma says she would;ve gotten rear ended

I agree with you about the center of the lane, bad place to hang.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #11
BMWFORLIFE
Technoviolet Shifting

first of all its the civics fault not the bikes..the bike kept plenty of room ahead of him...and when your going to hit a car your suppose to stay in your god damn lane..i hate stupid drivers....and how does a civic ****in 180...thats bullshit..the ebrake was touched for sure on that one..
BMWFORLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #12
SickFinga

I love it, all of you are such an expert drivers behind a computer.I f you were in her position all of you would avoid the accident.
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

Bike rider is at fault??? What kind of drugs you are smoking???
Civic lost control and cut right infront of her, this is 100% civic driver's fault, period.

One thing I dont get is why Civic spun out, he wasnt going that fast.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #13
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Here's the forum of that the girl is on...

http://socalsportbikes.info/xmb/view....php?tid=34948

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:43 PM   #14
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
thanks for the link nascar318is, the bandwidth was always coming up exceeded on the first link

if she hit me would i kill he? no
if she hit my girl? hmmm

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:33 PM   #15
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
if she hit me would i kill he? no
if she hit my girl? hmmm
The relevant question is, what if she spilled choc milk on your 600$ leather D&G assed out chaps you pinky finger flying candy flosser.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: