Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-13-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
just325iS
3rd Gear Member

I voted with my wallet

As you know, I have been very dissapointed with BMW's styling and their weight gain and all those electronics. I didn't feel right to call myself a bmw man anymore because I can't stand to see those overweight, ugly porks on the roads anymore. So I'm now officially a Ducatisti! Just bought a brand new Ducati 999 bipostal in red on the weekend. Plus all the leathers and stuff, can't waite to ride............ Still have my BMW because I love the E36 and still doing more stuff to it but I'm a Ducati guy now.
just325iS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
SickFinga

You hate new BMWs for being porky and you went with Ducati, ohhhh can't wait til Randy's sees this.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Nice bike Tommy, I personally prefer the 998 over the styling of the 999, I just don't dig the christmas tree headlight on the 999.

Vlad the reason why Randy doesn't like Ducati's is because he can't ride them with his body type

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 02:07 AM   #4
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
sweet bike, but the E60 is out there crying now thanks a lot......

j/k

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #5
just325iS
3rd Gear Member

I didn't like the lights at first but they did a good job of restyling the front end in 05 and 06. The more I look at it the more I've grown to like it. I find it looks more modern vs the 998. Plus, it looks so different from any other Jap bikes out there.

Plus the technology in the 999 is so much more than the 998, I was going the get the 998 at first but really fell in love with the 999. I'm not getting this bike because it's the fastest, I'm getting it because it's classy.

Yeah, the riding position is not for everyone but I find that it fits me like a glove. Of course I'm 6feet tall and lean plus I do martial arts so my body doesn't mind that riding position at all.

Got the rull Ducati Corse racing suit, gloves, boots and helmets as well
Old 02-16-2006, 06:00 PM   #6
Primus
super blinger

all it takes is 1 drop, and there goes 10,000+

but enjoy it!

i visted my old bike about a week ago, your exact bike was there, in 2 peices

be careful!
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:54 PM   #7
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Thats nice, congrats on the bike.

But there are still choices for us who are more into the driver's car, such as the new 1 series, that will be coming to Canda soon, and the upcoming M Coupe

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #8
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just325iS
As you know, I have been very dissapointed with BMW's styling and their weight gain and all those electronics. I didn't feel right to call myself a bmw man anymore because I can't stand to see those overweight, ugly porks on the roads anymore. So I'm now officially a Ducatisti! Just bought a brand new Ducati 999 bipostal in red on the weekend. Plus all the leathers and stuff, can't waite to ride............ Still have my BMW because I love the E36 and still doing more stuff to it but I'm a Ducati guy now.
Problem is, the new ones drive 10x better than the old ones.

10 years from now, people would be saying the same thing about the E104 and think the E90 is such a drivers car...
Old 02-16-2006, 10:06 PM   #9
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact
Problem is, the new ones drive 10x better than the old ones.

10 years from now, people would be saying the same thing about the E104 and think the E90 is such a drivers car...
But I don't think the E46 is a driver's car. A driver's car is a driver's car....

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:46 PM   #10
just325iS
3rd Gear Member

Funny how you got pictures of race cars and then you tell me the new ones are better drivers car. The new M5 doesn't even come in manual and you are telling me its a drivers car? If you ever get a chance, I'll take you for a spin in my E36 and then you'll know what a drivers car is.

Primus, just to correct you, one drop and is 25,000+ but what can you do? I don't really care about material possesion, so it doesn't really mean nothing to me if something was to happen to it. Just like my E36, I have a lot of money into it, but I drive it extremely hard.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: