Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #16
e36chick
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to e36chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
Danish newspaper apologized too. I dont remember any Jews burning embassies for what PETA did or boycotting all Canadian products. So reaction was quite different, wasn't it?
Both reaction AND action were different...the Danish gov't apologized, and the paper gave a vague "sorry if we offended you but we believe in freedom of speech" response. Also after this, France and Germany published the same cartoons, after knowing the response from Muslims towards Denmark. That just added to the fire. French govt apologized but again the paper defended itself under "free speech".

Why were the cartoons drawn of Jesus considered offensive? Same paper refused to publish that, saying it was offensive. Where was freedom of speech in that case? That happened only weeks before they decided to publish the Mohammed cartoons.

Also online in the Morgenevisen Jyllands-Posten they say they refuse to publish "tasteless" Holocaust cartoon pictures. Copied directly from their site:

Please allow me to begin with the conclusion: Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten will not publish any Iranian Holocaust cartoons, and it will not establish or seek to establish co-operation with any Iranian newspaper on such cartoons.
Nor will Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten publish any anti-Christian or anti-Jewish cartoons.

Yet when the Muslims asked that their apology be backed up with a promise to not repeat such offensive cartoons in the future, the response, again copied directly is:

No, I can definitely not promise not to do it again. It could be that we won't do it again, but we can't make that a promise. If we did, we would be curbing freedom of expression.'

But will you do it again?

`I have already said that we will take a break, but of course I cannot rule out that if a situation comes along where it seems relevant to do it, then we must do it.'

Look at the difference with which Islam is treated, from Christianity and Judaism.

The paper's site is http://www.jp.dk/forside/ if you want to check where i got the info.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:31 PM   #17
M3Ab
Pakman

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36chick
Both reaction AND action were different...the Danish gov't apologized, and the paper gave a vague "sorry if we offended you but we believe in freedom of speech" response. Also after this, France and Germany published the same cartoons, after knowing the response from Muslims towards Denmark. That just added to the fire. French govt apologized but again the paper defended itself under "free speech".

Why were the cartoons drawn of Jesus considered offensive? Same paper refused to publish that, saying it was offensive. Where was freedom of speech in that case? That happened only weeks before they decided to publish the Mohammed cartoons.

Also online in the Morgenevisen Jyllands-Posten they say they refuse to publish "tasteless" Holocaust cartoon pictures. Copied directly from their site:

Please allow me to begin with the conclusion: Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten will not publish any Iranian Holocaust cartoons, and it will not establish or seek to establish co-operation with any Iranian newspaper on such cartoons.
Nor will Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten publish any anti-Christian or anti-Jewish cartoons.

Yet when the Muslims asked that their apology be backed up with a promise to not repeat such offensive cartoons in the future, the response, again copied directly is:

No, I can definitely not promise not to do it again. It could be that we won't do it again, but we can't make that a promise. If we did, we would be curbing freedom of expression.'

But will you do it again?

`I have already said that we will take a break, but of course I cannot rule out that if a situation comes along where it seems relevant to do it, then we must do it.'

Look at the difference with which Islam is treated, from Christianity and Judaism.

The paper's site is http://www.jp.dk/forside/ if you want to check where i got the info.
The world is filled with hypocrites,especially when it comes to arguing against Muslims actions or reactions.These hypocrites will argue till their faces are blue even though they know they are wrong. I'd like to see the ''comebacks'' on these last comments.
M3Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #18
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

asking this lot about international affairs, particularily Middle Eastern ones, is like asking a Utah grain farmer who's never left the state to tell you about the nightlife in Osaka. He may have seen some pictures in a magazine and give you an opinion, but it certainly won't be well grounded.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #19
Skimeister
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Skimeister Send a message via AIM to Skimeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD
Where are you going in Sweden? You may want to read this first:

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatc...ves/003692.php
Hey man, thats crazy! I haven't heard about that. Malmo is a really nice town, but I wont be near there; I'm visiting fam and doing some skiing about 200 kms north of Stockholm in a town called Bollnäs.

I am really curious to see the Scandinavian reaction to all this first hand. I'm sure I'll have some insight to post once I come back.
Skimeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: