Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #61
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7
Muslim image is tarnished anyway in the eyes of Europe and US...which will only get worse IMO. I think the muslims are digging their own grave with this...

Oh, jstalin, youre talking about a double standard? There were tons of controvercial "art" created.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecce_Homo_%28exhibition%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo_Mama%27s_Last_Supper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

There was one more, a painting by Jorgen in Denmark as well...He painted amural of Jesus with an erect penis.
Great post man!!
Hopefully this will make the skeptics see that the muslims arent the only ones on the recieving end!!
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #62
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
My stance?
I really don't think those cartoons should've been printed in a mainstream national paper, but Muslims are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over reacting.
im in agreement on this one..
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:30 PM   #63
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
My stance?
I really don't think those cartoons should've been printed in a mainstream national paper, but Muslims are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over reacting.
Which is more or less what I was saying, except for the second part.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #64
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin
Which is more or less what I was saying, except for the second part.

So you are saying Muslims are not over reacting?
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #65
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
So you are saying Muslims are not over reacting?
From our point of view, yes, from POV, no.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #66
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin
From our point of view, yes, from POV, no.

huh?
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #67
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

If you understand where they are coming from, not forgetting the propaganda that they're being fed by their governments (ie Khonemi saying the cartoons were the jews response for hama being elected) and the environment they live in, it's not incomprehensible.

The publishers knew this and wanted this type of reaction to prove a point.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:29 PM   #68
BMWF1

Heres the thing, they can blow up all the danish embassy's they want and they can burn down a bunch more there after....but facts are facts...the United States will NOT stand for having there embassy's burned down to the ground. Bush has said he will not tolerate these type of acts. I think the muslims are in for a hell of a suprise if/when that happens. I mean lets face it, the US Military budget is more then canada'a budget for the entire country.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #69
M3Ab
Pakman

JStalin...it's not even worth trying to argue with these guys, they are typical of people in the west, they are basically brought up in a nutshell with a lack of cultural experience and don't know how to debate rationally.

BMWM5Lover you're a great example of a joke, you're basically portraying yourself as a redneck with a jeep, that supposedly took 'half a class' on Islam in your words, that was probably taught by a non-muslim, that makes you an Islamic scholar for sure .

As I can see from most of the replies on the post, they come from sources uneducated with Islam, or got their education from the western media.
M3Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:32 PM   #70
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF1
...the US Military budget is more then canada'a budget for the entire country.
Unfortunately our military is spread out on more land than Canada also
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:33 PM   #71
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
so stalin....let me get this straight....you think the Muslim's violent reaction was justified. In that same light, because I don't agree with your statements, and find them offensive, I have the right to burn down your shit? or declare war on your countrymen, or kill you personally? Get real!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 04:37 PM   #72
M3Ab
Pakman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF1
Heres the thing, they can blow up all the danish embassy's they want and they can burn down a bunch more there after....but facts are facts...the United States will NOT stand for having there embassy's burned down to the ground. Bush has said he will not tolerate these type of acts. I think the muslims are in for a hell of a suprise if/when that happens. I mean lets face it, the US Military budget is more then canada'a budget for the entire country.
What's he going to do, kill the world's one billion Muslims? Or use one of his 'brilliant' speeches to scare them? I'd like the US to take on a real foe, like China then we'll see who the real world superpower is, or how about North Korea even.And tell me this, why are the States and Russians allowed to have thousands of nuclear weapons, but a country like Iran, a sovereign country, not allowed to, what because the US says so? The only people the US goes after are those they can send missiles at from hundreds of miles away, or drop bombs over due to a lack of air capability on the other side. And then once a few of their soldiers die, they start crying.Vietnam and Iraq are just two examples of US power...hahah...what a joke.
M3Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:45 PM   #73
BMWF1

^^ Idiot.....So your fine with giving nuclear weapons to countries like North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia.....

Are you a ****ing retard. These countries need to be controlled....dude you live in one of the best countries on the world and do you know why??? because the US has nukes pointed at every country in the world except canada.

I can also see you have no realization of how a war is put into place. Why don't they do a draft and ship you off overseas and see how fast you cry.

Why would the US take on China?? dude go back to playstation cause u obviously should not be talking and if the world was as dumb as you and the US decided to take on China....that would mean nukes flying everywhere.... U DEAD

Last edited by BMWF1; 02-07-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:02 PM   #74
born slippy
wasting time.

jstalin...they are not overreacting? You would almost never see an official government building in NA or Europe burned down over a series of cartoons. Whether they were hate related or not. Its rediculous. They are taking out anger on the first new source they could find.
born slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #75
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
It's sad that people who feel so strongly about supporting a violent cause aren't actually in a situation where they themselves might fall victim to it.. It's easy to defend violent actions, from the safety and security you enjoy living in Canada.
98Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: