Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-07-2006, 11:53 AM   #31
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin

The average arab in the middle east is male, young, unemployed & uneducated. You're comparing apples with oranges.
That is still not a vaild excuse of their actions.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:37 PM   #32
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact
That is still not a vaild excuse of their actions.
And neither are the actions of the cartoonists/newspapers excusable.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #33
SickFinga

Quote:
And neither are the actions of the cartoonists/newspapers excusable.
sure, but all that should've happen is:
1. cartoonist fired
2. editor fired
3. newspaper fined

thats where it should've been ended.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #34
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

what should happen and what does happen are often two very different things
Old 02-07-2006, 12:59 PM   #35
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
if you can honestly say that the actions of the Muslims was justified because of the cartoons, you are just completely out to lunch. If that is the case, wouldn't all of us Non-Muslims be justified in murdering some islamic followers because of the things Bin Laden says on the tapes he releases. You know, all this crap about declaring war on the West and shit. I personally take offense to that, but you don't see me braeking out the box cutters and Ak's. Get a grip.
98Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:02 PM   #36
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Whatever happened to freedom of expression, opinion, and belief?

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #37
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Bottom line, property is burning because some danish fat-jackassed skaterboy cum cartoonist drew a cartoon to piss these people off, nothing clever.. it could have been avoided and it was premeditated.

If you party with the devil and all!!!

We are party to the destruction of our own religion, but shouldn't be indulging in a smear campaign against Islam.

To me, unelected Media heads dictate what's morally acceptable which for me is not on. They are in bed with corporate America, most of their money comes from advertising.

So, who calls the shots?? The people ??

These suckers here have to turn on the T.V to know what they're thinking to see if it fits in with the popular sheepish belief of the day.

The papers and TV call the shots.

And freedom of expression doesn't apply to hateful or inciteful remarks (otherwise Ernest Zundel wouldn't be in jail)
Old 02-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #38
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
irregardless of what anyone on here says, violence is not the solution....ever. Like I said in my previous post, "westerners" would be as justified killing muslims because of the remarks and actions of some of their "leaders". Any religion that preaches hate and death to another should be stopped. When's the last time you saw Canadians holding placards with violent messages, and completely losing their minds? The zealousness of these fanatics is worrisome, and should be dealt with accordingly.
98Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:16 PM   #39
SickFinga

Quote:
And freedom of expression doesn't apply to hateful or inciteful remarks (otherwise Ernest Zundel wouldn't be in jail)
He is jail because Holocaust Denial is illegal in Germany, which I think is BS too. I feel in a democratic country I have a right to believe in anything, but this is not what we are discussing here.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:27 PM   #40
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
The Danish are racist scum, simple as that.

If I drew a cartoon of a big nosed jew holding a bag of money & being dragged to the gas chambers, would that be okay? No, I'd be sent to jail and sued by every jew activist group going, so why should these racist cartoonists get a free pass?
That doesnt give neone the right or the excuse to burn down a building. that goes for all religions, all people alike. I dont believe they have the right to do anything barbaric like that.
Next time some one makes fun of Jesus like the thread on here with the Jesus singing " i will survive " ( same one with the Top gear soccer ) i should go and burn down an embassy building with my friends!! ( which i laughed at )
please there is no xcuse to do that. Racism, and every other kind of hatred has been part of us forever, now its how u deal with it that will determine how long it goes on.

And save ur ****ing stupid insults, like " arsewipe ". this is supposed to be a civilized thread, there is no need for that, there is enough tention with this topic as is.
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:36 PM   #41
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
He is jail because Holocaust Denial is illegal in Germany, which I think is BS too. I feel in a democratic country I have a right to believe in anything, but this is not what we are discussing here.
The point still stands. You can't pick and choose, either we have complete freedom or we don't. It's not fair that it's criminal to insult jews, gays, blacks, et el but perfectly okay to make a mockery of muslims.

There's obviously a lot more to this than the cartoon, that was just the tip of the iceberg.

The chicken's come home to roost, we all get what we deserve in the end.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #42
born slippy
wasting time.

Ernst Zundel is in jail because he had a huge anti semitist following due to his beliefs about the happenings of the holocaust. He was spreading hate no matter how you looked upon it. In his mind, im sure negative publicity was a good thing.

Now Jstalin. You are accusing everyone else of being behind so called racist actions and yet within 2 pages of this forum you have already bad mouthed and slandered the Jewish and Danish. Your statements are just as ignorant as what you hear from the people you accuse.
born slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #43
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by born slippy
Ernst Zundel is in jail because he had a huge anti semitist following due to his beliefs about the happenings of the holocaust. He was spreading hate no matter how you looked upon it. In his mind, im sure negative publicity was a good thing.
Under the same 'freedom of speech' banner the danes are waving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by born slippy
Now Jstalin. You are accusing everyone else of being behind so called racist actions and yet within 2 pages of this forum you have already bad mouthed and slandered the Jewish and Danish. Your statements are just as ignorant as what you hear from the people you accuse.
So you see my point.

Obviously this isn't an table of academics I'm dealing with here, so I'll ask it simply: If a man were to slap you in the face, and you retaliate by kicking him in the balls, who would be in the wrong?

Last edited by jstalin; 02-07-2006 at 01:45 PM.
jstalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:49 PM   #44
SickFinga

Quote:
It's not fair that it's criminal to insult jews, gays, blacks, et el but perfectly okay to make a mockery of muslims.

Again, you are missing the point. It is not illegal to insult jews, gays, blacks. It is illegal to deny occurrence of the holocaust during WWII.
Again, it is illegal in Germany, Austria and some other European countries. It is though perfectly legal in Canada and USA.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:50 PM   #45
born slippy
wasting time.

Quote:
So you see my point.
Not in the slightest. I have a background relating me close to Danes, and many close friends who are Jewish and Danish.
born slippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: