Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #1
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
I have a serious questions for the Muslims here:

I would like to know your opinion on the recent world events. Let's keep this discussion civilized.

In the world of free internationalist press, why are some people in the middle east chanting "Death to Denmark and Europe"?
Do muslims, ever slightly realize what the rest of the world thinks of them? What are they thinking of them now?

Just step into the Western shoes, and see it from a different perspective?

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 02-07-2006 at 01:26 AM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:29 AM   #2
SebSter
6th Gear Member

I'm with you on this one. There is NO excuse for the type of behaviour thats been going on... what are we in the stone age? Killing people? Setting buildings on fire?? Give me a break.

I understand the issue, and that its a huge insult... but there is a difference between a civilized reaction, and this.

edit: Sry, I edited out the obsene language. The rest is my personal reaction. I have absolutely nothing against Muslims in general, my problem is with the people I see reacting the way that they have so far.

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.

Last edited by SebSter; 02-07-2006 at 01:49 AM.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:32 AM   #3
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Seb, please try to be civilized and not use that language, this is a very touchy topic and I wouldn't even talk about it to some muslims I know. Threads like this were already locked and I want to know where this will lead.

These are the pictures that I saw on a differen board, could someone chime in? Is this real? Obviously I don't know the whole story from these images but they look like protests. I have no problem with protests but writing threats like this is certainly pushing it. I think this is very wrong.

Last edited by BMW_7; 02-07-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:53 AM   #4
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
This is what i think of the subject

Quote:
I'm honestly very disappointed in the way these "Muslims" are reacting. I'm hoping to God that no rag head scholar comes up and issues a fatwa to have that person killed. This is not the way the Prophet has taught us to deal with attacks.

Jesus.. There are countless stories from the Prophet and his household on how they treated their enemies or those who attacked Islam. If today's Muslims only turn back to their History books they'd realize that they're tarnishing the Muslim image even more. They're doing what Osama did and claiming victory of Islam when in turn the average Muslim is cursing the day they were born because of this bullshit.

What's burning the embassy going to do exactly other than show the world the animal nature of some of these Muslims? They just proved these cartoons right, these stupid morons, by setting shit on fire and starting death threats. Well for **** sake of course other countries will start publishing these cartoons as well if you fail to EDUCATE others about the true message of Mohammed (pbuh) and not the perceived one through the media.

We're trying to organize a sit down, a friendly debate, and Q/A session with the Danish paper but so far they're not responding. I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

Until then, these people have to realize that the bigger the fire does not mean you have bigger balls. A better sense of logic, forgiveness and tolerance would go a long way in this case. I'm sure the prophet is going to have a very nice message for these morons when it's their time to fry.
something my friend posted on another forum, i agree a 100% with what he says
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:56 AM   #5
SickFinga

yes, those are real

Danish Embassy

http://www.foxnews.com/photo_essay/0,3927,796:1,00.html
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:57 AM   #6
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
Dumb asses
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:18 AM   #7
mkgino
6th Gear Member

wtf happened
Old 02-07-2006, 02:31 AM   #8
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Ok i just googled it and supposedly everyone is mad because of these caricatures of their prophet

Old 02-07-2006, 03:07 AM   #9
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
burning down an embassy is an ACT OF WAR, and its inexcusable.

however, even though im not a particularly devout christian, jesus portrayed in the same light would likely stike a sour tone with me aswell. However, i wouldn't be burning down anything except possibly the actual page out of the newspaper on which it was printed.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:41 AM   #10
felixthecat
Was touched by Micheal

Send a message via MSN to felixthecat
I have nothing against muslim personally,but i do have a huge problem with people in the middle east that cant be cival and deal with things in an unanimal way..hey i say if they want a war,they'll get in over there heads..its not just the americans anymore,the whole world is getting tired of there shit
felixthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:16 AM   #11
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7
I would like to know your opinion on the recent world events. Let's keep this discussion civilized.

In the world of free internationalist press, why are some people in the middle east chanting "Death to Denmark and Europe"?
Do muslims, ever slightly realize what the rest of the world thinks of them? What are they thinking of them now?

Just step into the Western shoes, and see it from a different perspective?

I'm glad someone brought up this topic again. When I started a thread last Friday displaying the Danish cartoons, some people got upset and then a lame moderator removed the thread completely, as if the whole problem didn't even exist. I had planned to post some other info in that thread but when I went to do so, it was deleted. Hopefully this one stays around.

I think people here should know exactly what the content of those cartoons is, and then gauge the reaction to them, and ask themselves if it is warranted. I'd say the reaction is very extreme and shows the rest of the world that they only seem to have one way of dealing with any issue.

I'd also suggest that to get a bit more background on the subject in general and how it is affecting people in Europe, who were nice enough to let these people immigrate to their countries, you read some of the articles written by a blogger known as Fjordman. You can find his blog here

He stopped writing on Dec 21 2005, but you will find a lot of good info in his archives. Here are a few articles that are worth a read:

http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/12...ak-points.html

http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/12...in-sweden.html

http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/02...weden-and.html

http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/04...by-muslim.html

http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/08...ith-islam.html

Here is another interesting article:

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatc...ves/000616.php

I know that most of the problems in Europe are caused by radicals, but there seems to be a lot of them over there!

I know there are Muslim members here and my post is not intended to upset you, I beleive that most of you are more moderate and most likely don't share the same beliefs as the people causing the problems in Europe.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:27 AM   #12
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

This turn of events is also precisely what could allow Bush to get approved for his 2.7trillion dollar investment in the military, and now all of Europe will be supporting the States. And as we all know, the people in the States, particularly the rednecks, are wayyyyy more anti-muslim than us, and I can see these events boosting Bush's approval rating very significantly....

Old 02-07-2006, 09:40 AM   #13
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7
Nice generalizing arsewipe. I'm sure that if you lived in a cardboard box or iron sheeting shanty tent that your lives worries of which university to attend and whether to buy birkenstocks vs flip flops would seem a little whacked!

The detached dismissive view isn't one to take given your opinionated posts of the past.

These guys stuck a stick in a hornets nest & deserved to be summilarily executed, just like that dutch film maker.

How many non muslim countries have America occupied recently ???

That added to European countries now jumping on the bandwagon and not to mention the large Muslim sub population sin countries like German, Britian etc stupid actions like this have wide ranging conseequnece that insular Americans forget about

I seem to remember similar cartoons predating a holocaust last century.

These cartoons aren't humour, they are a political & social attack on Muslims.

Not all Muslims wear turbans, I'm sure if a cartoon of Sambo with big lips and flat nose appeared in the Danish press the cartoonist would be in jail by now.

This was pure incitment, nothing else.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:01 AM   #14
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I would post my brutally honest opinion again, but it would get deleted, again. No point.
The cliff notes of what I said were,
Muslim= Most ****ed up religion. Blindl, ignorant followers, messed up techings, barbaric, unacceptable.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:11 AM   #15
Striker
Turbo Ready

I have seen so many funny cartoons of Jesus, Adam and Eve and the list goes on, what all the Christians supporters are supposed to go bombing and killing because of that?

I have nothing against Muslims; I have a problem with the Muslims who twisted Islam to justify their actions.

Christians also did the same, Jim Jones for example.

All religions teach well from bad, it's these fools who try to manipulate it to suit them and to justify their horrid acts.

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: