Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #46
daytona
6th Gear Member

Sirex I totally disagree..unless its a franchised operation which KFC is not the workers were %100 right...of course they might have lost a customer but by their training they were correct in enforcing the policy.Its not a manner of the value of the coffee but the rules that the operation must follow.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #47
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ara325
racism is taught, it's not in our genetic makeup. i don't think you'll find a neuron which triggers racism.
I thought I was the only one that thought that was the dumbest statement of 06!

*edit* It is good to see this question being asked from a view point other than the black/white perspective. This is not something that is developed during birth. You learn this from parents, media, friends, etc. Watch American History X as this was an amazing movie. If you have no values, your hatred can overcome you...look at Darth Vader!

Last edited by 6speedMaxSE; 02-07-2006 at 11:42 AM.
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #48
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact
You can tell which companies are poorly managed. A good manager will NEVER go against the word of what their employee said (provided the employee was right). So...kudos for Chinese management...
I don't think that was great management. A manager is a person that has to decide on what action to take to balance customer service along with continued business. I have been in that situation many times and when you have a staff that respects you, it makes it easier to make a decision in favor of the customer.

I would have offered the re-fill and advised that it will be the last time and explained the policy. I would have then spoken to the employee and explained the reasoning behind my decision and that the employee can make the same decision at their discretion. You don't want to lose future business over a $1.29 transaction which really is only valued at $.50 to KFC.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #49
felixthecat
Was touched by Micheal

Send a message via MSN to felixthecat
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin
Well, many on the thread were in fact judging muslims based on the actions of a few, and that is who I was referring to. Need examples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_7
Do muslims, ever slightly realize what the rest of the world thinks of them? What are they thinking of them now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
Muslim= Most ****ed up religion. Blindl, ignorant followers, messed up techings, barbaric, unacceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat
Jeez U.S..nuke the whole middle east into a parking lot and get it over with

If those comments aren't racist, then I really don't know what is.
wow takin it to heart arent you..you sound like you're getting ready to burn something down over it..

Last edited by felixthecat; 02-07-2006 at 11:48 AM.
felixthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #50
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat
wow takin it to heart arent you..you sound like you're getting ready to burn something down over it..
Instead of taunting like a child...come up with a quality response
Old 02-07-2006, 12:30 PM   #51
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
felix that was a dumb thing to say, all around, your comments on this particulat thread haven't been the most well thought out

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:23 PM   #52
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona
Sirex I totally disagree..unless its a franchised operation which KFC is not the workers were %100 right...of course they might have lost a customer but by their training they were correct in enforcing the policy.Its not a manner of the value of the coffee but the rules that the operation must follow.

Policy's like this dont do anything for the company except for chase away customers.

Im not saying you should give stuff away for free, but clearly she had already purchased a meal from them. She payed her dues for what she got, now all she wanted was a little more cola to wash down the rest of the food. By saying no, you didnt do anything to save your establishment its reputation. ..

Big deal you "enforced" the policy but lost 10 customers in the policy. Obviously, they didn't train their employees right. I work in a fast food establishment sort of.... They tell us that if the guest asks say no first, but if they persist then give them what they want...
and big deal how many customers come back for refills??? 1 out of 20??? wow.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #53
SebSter
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex
Policy's like this dont do anything for the company except for chase away customers.

Im not saying you should give stuff away for free, but clearly she had already purchased a meal from them. She payed her dues for what she got, now all she wanted was a little more cola to wash down the rest of the food. By saying no, you didnt do anything to save your establishment its reputation. ..

Big deal you "enforced" the policy but lost 10 customers in the policy. Obviously, they didn't train their employees right. I work in a fast food establishment sort of.... They tell us that if the guest asks say no first, but if they persist then give them what they want...
and big deal how many customers come back for refills??? 1 out of 20??? wow.

For once I actually agree with you. Poor judgement on the employees part. The revenue lost from that customer never returning again is much greater than the loss of filling up an extra cup with coke (not to mention the fact that this probably costs them less than a penny to do). Just another example of mindless drones being hired for minimum wage jobs. (Although, race (obviously) plays no factor)

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.

Last edited by SebSter; 02-07-2006 at 01:32 PM.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #54
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebSter
...Just another example of mindless drones being hired for minimum wage jobs. (Although, race (obviously) plays no factor)
Let's not get on the cashier on this one. The manager should have stepped in and made a better decision and coached the cashier. I mean, the cashier obviously handled the situation pretty well because it wasn't a shouting match...was it? The cashier has a job and a family to think about...overriding policy is the least of her worries.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:01 PM   #55
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

by the way, I never refill drinks, in fact most of the time i throw away half of it just cannot drink that much.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #56
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER
by the way, I never refill drinks, in fact most of the time i throw away half of it just cannot drink that much.
You mean you don't get the super big gulp with no ice and refill it for the road?

I can only stomach a small.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:33 PM   #57
BMWF1

AMG arn't you russian?? why are you so concerned about the chinesse
Old 02-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #58
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF1
AMG arn't you russian?? why are you so concerned about the chinesse
Yes i am, I'm not concerned, I just dont ****ing like people like that, why be so racist? damn...we all ****ing equal on this earth.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #59
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER
Yes i am, I'm not concerned, I just dont ****ing like people like that, why be so racist? damn...we all ****ing equal on this earth.
Lets all start driving electric cars, wiping our asses with leafs, recycling, and never cutting down trees. Face it, a perfect world will never happen. THere are 10000 other things much worse then saying "****ing chinese". You never say that when an old chinese lady cuts you off in the fast lane when you are doing 130 in ur AMG?

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:22 AM   #60
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
Lets all start driving electric cars, wiping our asses with leafs, recycling, and never cutting down trees. Face it, a perfect world will never happen. THere are 10000 other things much worse then saying "****ing chinese". You never say that when an old chinese lady cuts you off in the fast lane when you are doing 130 in ur AMG?
Not really, i usually swear in RUssian

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: