Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #31
dropped_E30
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer
I have a story, well its my dads.

So he is on the plane back from Jamiaca and Donavan Bailey was on the plane. My dad knows Donavans parents some how so they talk everyonce and awhile, anyway this guy (white) comes up while he and my dad are chatting and says your Donavan blah blah blah and then says "so now that you are not an Olympic runner anymore what do you do now work in a factory?"
wow thats the last thing i would've expected that guy to say

it could've been a joke implying that he is all washed up now or somethin, but yeah i can see how it can be interpreted to have racial undertones...
dropped_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:00 AM   #32
Striker
Turbo Ready

AMG, you had another typo which offended me. The KFC employee was saying "solly, no refil fo wintor monts "

Am I a racist, HELL YEA, I race every one when ever I can

Man I am from down south, by the Caribbean. Gotta be careful cause I get bashed for saying Guyana is ..... anyway, believe it or not these little "Paradise places" have their own little racist tug of wars.

On a serious note, I am mixed with East Indian (no not Paki you fool ) Spanish, French, Brazillian ect. When people ask me if I have ever encountered any racists, I say, no I have never looked really.

This is true, I don't see it because I don't look for it. This City mostly consist of white people and I make the most racist jokes. These guys are like, man that's really kewl, you don't take that shit personally. I tease and joke in general and I do really hit the white guys with rough race jokes and they all laugh about it and would not think I hate white people.

I guess where you are and what you faced during your upbringing will have some impact at how you look at racism.

I know people suffer up to today because of their skin color or accent, but man, it will take a few hundred years when so many inter racial marriages and "tapping" will make us all peach color and no one can be racist.

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE

Last edited by Striker; 02-07-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:18 AM   #33
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
most stupidest shit I've ever heard
Anyone else laugh?

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:43 AM   #34
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
I've read the word "ignorant" in this thread like 7 times, and not once was it used properly. There is nothing ignorant about what the indian lady did, or said. It was, however, rude... and an unfair generalization. Though possibly, and probably, rooted on her own real world experiences.
I disagree. She is ignorant to the true Chinese culture. All she knows is that they're slow driving, selfish rice pickers. This is the definition of ignorance my friend. The same goes true for any truly racist person. Propagandized cultures are the best examples of ignorance. When your only source of information says that the reason for your suffering are the greedy jews, you will start hating jews. This is called ignorance (which usually comes with it's friend stupidity, but unfortunately it also comes alone sometimes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
On a biomolecular level we don't like other races? This is something we are genetically predisposed to? Hmm. Explain please, I'd like to hear this.
This is true to some degree at least. We all have a built in defense mechanism to fear the dissimilar and the unknown. Hate is the simplest manifestation of that fear.
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:45 AM   #35
SebSter
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
I
This is true to some degree at least. We all have a built in defense mechanism to fear the dissimilar and the unknown. Hate is the simplest manifestation of that fear.

You beat me to it, I was about to answer with the same idea.

Here's the deal: As long as groups keep labelling themselves in prideful ways, they will be labeled in discriminatory ways as well. You can't have the good, without the bad. When people actually begin to stop thinking of themselves in terms of specific groups, only then will others stop to do so as well, and will generalizations and stereotyping end.

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:52 AM   #36
dropped_E30
6th Gear Member

unfortunately i doubt racism will ever end, simply because of our innate fear of the unknown and unfamiliar. i feel that once people learn to stop being so sensitive to racial comments, once we learn to laugh and freely make light of our petty differences without taking them seriously, will racism begin to vanish
Old 02-07-2006, 09:52 AM   #37
PelicanGolf2
Stuck in traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch555
How do you know she was Iranian? If you don't know what her nationality is then say she was a Middle Eastern woman instead of trying to guess at her nationality and giving Iranians a bad name. Do you have some sort of hatred towards Iranians to think that she was one right off the bat?
Apperently these
individuals did the same thing, how do they know the people behind the counter were chinese, they could have been Japanese, Vietnamese, or Korean. Who the hell knows.

In my expirience it ia always the people that come from different countries that are the worst for stereo typing. Even the people I work with always refer to a person by their culture. **** people have names. They call me the white guy.
PelicanGolf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:56 AM   #38
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

The only thing worse than racism is hypocracy:
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65634

You need not look further than your own maxbimmer members for hardcore racism (unless you think racism against Arabs is okay)
Old 02-07-2006, 10:03 AM   #39
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropped_E30
i feel that once people learn to stop being so sensitive to racial comments, once we learn to laugh and freely make light of our petty differences without taking them seriously, will racism begin to vanish
100000000% true. Racism does exist, but if people ignore racist comments the aholes will get tired of it and will probably quit. It's exactly what I explained earlier, I don't see it because I don't look for it.

People are sensitive as well and sometimes because they are, they often misinterpret people's wrong doing as racism.

People should learn to laugh and relax a bit, but it's impossible for some to because their attitude does not permit it.
As I said before, I joke a whole lot about my race and all the others, racist and most negative comments are the last things to offend me.

I was looking at Russell Peters a few weeks ago, that guy is one of the best when it comes to making fun of himself and others. He really does the various accents very well.

BTW what I am faced it quite frequently, is jealously and envy. It often bothers people when they find out I am here less than ten yeas and bought my second house, all the BMW's are paid for and I work on my own. The first thing they think is drugs. I also get it from people in the clubs I am in, when ever I fly better than most or shoot better than most, you hear all the gossip.

I am always happy for someone owns something great or does something better than me, I would just be pleased to be that guy's friend than be jealous.

Life is too short for all this shit, just enjoy life and let people be, we really can't change their minds. We can change their habits but certainly not their attitude.

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE

Last edited by Striker; 02-07-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:06 AM   #40
daytona
6th Gear Member

Chill......I sometimes go over board with "racist comment" even though Im a minoirty myself its out of anger of the moment and not a statement of my personality in whole...I have at least 10 very close friends of different backgrounds and they all are the same way.At the end its still not a reflection of their thinking about other people its just a easy way to get other people P++ Off..there is still hidden racial biasing in Canada but honestly travelling parts of Europe and Asia its still a fricking great country..so screw political correctness everyone from any race has abit of racial profiling..the worst is the new immigrants.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #41
sirex
King Sirex

who cares she was pissed off...

most other managers would have given her the refill.. at my work if anyone comes back with a smaller cup, we say we cant refill that....
if they leave then thats that...
if they ask again then we give it to them.... big deal its like 1 cent to fill up a cup....

she said ****ing chineese because she felt she was being ripped off by them. And under normal stereotyping and the what not, when you hear about chineese business owners being cheap, well there you go. she let out her rage....

As far as im concerned they should have given the refill.. big ****ing deal. The manager could authorize it.. In a business prespective, the woman just wont go back to KFC now. So they lost 10 customers cuz shell rant to her friends.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:11 AM   #42
dropped_E30
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin

You need not look further than your own maxbimmer members for hardcore racism (unless you think racism against Arabs is okay)
i agree that the last two posts in that thread are rather derogatory towards muslims, but other than that there were no conveyances of racism...
Old 02-07-2006, 10:22 AM   #43
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

You guys are putting too much into this. If someone wants to be racist let them. You can't change people, racism, sexism, etc will always be present, just do your part, as a parent/guardian/friend not to encourage it.
Where I work, male dominance and superiority amongs the general public, not the staff, is displayed on a day to day basis due to the culture most dominant. If I were to start a thread about it, we would have the whole Off topic section full. Does it bug me that women are soo poorly treated, and inequality is present, somewhat, do I really take it with me, nah.
Maybe I am a horrible person, but stereotypes (a bit OT) are just that for a reason.
How many of you, here, would actually stand up to a racist conflict happening in front of you, say between a balck guy and a chinese guy? I bet not many, but yet, you may talk about it(depending on the person) at home, with co-workers, either with disgust, or with raving. I bet not many. Like I said, we can all do our part to not incourage it, past that, not much can be done.
O, this may be a bit Hypo, but Screw Political correctness on a day to day basis.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 02-07-2006 at 10:26 AM.
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #44
SebSter
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin

Dude, get one thing right. Racism and judging specific groups for their actions are two different things. *If* I were to say all the Muslim people that are attacking embassies around the world are idiots, that is completely different than if I were to say that Muslims are all idiots.

I personally hold no judgment over people based on their gender, race, belief, etc. Just over their actions, reactions, intelligence. Sorry to break it to you, but torching down embassies, killing innocent people, is in no way a reasonable reaction for what happened.

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #45
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebSter
Dude, get one thing right. Racism and judging specific groups for their actions are two different things. *If* I were to say all the Muslim people that are attacking embassies around the world are idiots, that is completely different than if I were to say that Muslims are all idiots.
Well, many on the thread were in fact judging muslims based on the actions of a few, and that is who I was referring to. Need examples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_7
Do muslims, ever slightly realize what the rest of the world thinks of them? What are they thinking of them now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
Muslim= Most ****ed up religion. Blindl, ignorant followers, messed up techings, barbaric, unacceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat
Jeez U.S..nuke the whole middle east into a parking lot and get it over with
If those comments aren't racist, then I really don't know what is.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: