Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: should CBA carry guns?
yes, they need to protect themselves 18 45.00%
no they dont need them 12 30.00%
who cares? CBA officers are a joke 10 25.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2006, 01:57 PM   #31
BMWF1

US Boarder Protection Carries AK and MP4's....US Customs carry hand guns, mostly smith and wesson, And with the huge percentage of american's that carry handguns on them, which just don't realize that they can't bring them into canada.....if i were the customs agent that was telling them that I had to take there gun, I would defently want a gun on my waist.

"Never trust a government that doesn't trust it citizens to bear arms" - Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-02-2006, 02:55 PM   #32
BMWags
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus
the guns are there for security to protect the officers, not to be flung around like wild west cowboys, an officer with a gun is more intimidating then a guy with a stick,

all amercian border patrols have pistols, and there doing just fine

and we dont have guns and were doing just fine.....you know as well as me the retards at the boarder who would love to get a gun. If customs officers are unarmed it gives criminals no excuse to open fire. Id be more for having bulletproof kiosks right at the boarder in addition to their flak-jackets

i also believe that the poll is biased in favour of the gun. There should not be a "who cares section" your trying to be professional and at the same time you put that? common

if anyone blows the line at the boarder, there are cops on their asses in no time. If there HAS to be guns, id rather see a police armed response team at each boarder, NOT customs agents. if they have to sit on their asses all day long (which they will)...so be it.

A customs officer in a protective booth with a cop or 2 at the boarder would solve the problem.

Last edited by BMWags; 02-02-2006 at 03:09 PM.
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #33
BMWags
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus
there have been instances in the past where a gun could have saved lives of officers and citisens,
please post some examples of thse instances, i think it would help the debate
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:22 PM   #34
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWags
and we dont have guns and were doing just fine.....you know as well as me the retards at the boarder who would love to get a gun. If customs officers are unarmed it gives criminals no excuse to open fire. Id be more for having bulletproof kiosks right at the boarder in addition to their flak-jackets

i also believe that the poll is biased in favour of the gun. There should not be a "who cares section" your trying to be professional and at the same time you put that? common

if anyone blows the line at the boarder, there are cops on their asses in no time. If there HAS to be guns, id rather see a police armed response team at each boarder, NOT customs agents. if they have to sit on their asses all day long (which they will)...so be it.

A customs officer in a protective booth with a cop or 2 at the boarder would solve the problem.

The poll is pretty straight forward.

either yes, no, or who cares. Those are the 3 most common responses ... YES + reason, NO + reason , Who cares? - meaning i dont' give a shit.

How is that biased towards guns?

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #35
Primus
super blinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWags
please post some examples of thse instances, i think it would help the debate
rainbow bridge, last year, an officer was killed when a fugitive from the usa ramed his car through the border and ran over an officer, should that girl been strapped she could have shot out the tires, shot the driver ect...
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:06 PM   #36
M3Ab
Pakman

I would be for them having tasers, but not guns. Any type of gun in the hand of a border officer would be cause for escalation. Imagine that we've had millions and millions of people cross over the border over the last who knows how many years, and not one border officer has been shot.

By the way, a little example of why I'm not the biggest fan of some border guards:

Three years ago, I bought a set of rims for my M3 from the States. I had a buddy that lived in Buffalo , have them shipped to his place from North Carolina, because shipping anywhere within the States via UPS ground was a lot cheaper than having them sent here. So I went accross, picked them up, and on my way back I had a female border guard treat me like a criminal, ask me to pull over. She asked for the receipts for the rims, I gave it to her. Since it was a Sunday, the place I bought the rims from in the States was closed, she tried calling them to confirm, because she said she believed the receipt was a fake, she ''seized'' my rims. I told her the receipt was legitimate, but she wouldn't believe me. Then she decided to call the manufacturer in Italy. So it's about 6 pm, on a Sunday and what are the chances of anyone answering the phone in Italy, a mainly Roman Catholic country on a Sunday night? So she comes back and says I spoke to an official with the manufacturing company and they said the rims are worth twice as much as you're receipt says. So again, she says she's seizing my rims. I have to pay a 25% (from what I remember) penalty on what she says the rims are worth otherwise the government gets to keep them. I paid the stupid penalty, filled out some forms and months later got my money back, but it just changed my attitude towards the border guards forever.
M3Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:17 PM   #37
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin
A wise man once said:

Giving these tits guns will just make their ego grow bigger and give them another way for them to abuse their power.

If there's a problem, then they should do what everyone else does, call real cops for help.

Maybe the american border crossing gaurds.... the canadian side is always much friendlier and better..... they dont have anything to prove, where ass in the states they will harass you for just about everything.

m3ab i dont see how your story relates to the having guns or not.. do you think she would have pulled a gun on you for that reason???

how often does an OFFICER draw his firearm??
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #38
Primus
super blinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Ab
I would be for them having tasers, but not guns. Any type of gun in the hand of a border officer would be cause for escalation. Imagine that we've had millions and millions of people cross over the border over the last who knows how many years, and not one border officer has been shot.

By the way, a little example of why I'm not the biggest fan of some border guards:

Three years ago, I bought a set of rims for my M3 from the States. I had a buddy that lived in Buffalo , have them shipped to his place from North Carolina, because shipping anywhere within the States via UPS ground was a lot cheaper than having them sent here. So I went accross, picked them up, and on my way back I had a female border guard treat me like a criminal, ask me to pull over. She asked for the receipts for the rims, I gave it to her. Since it was a Sunday, the place I bought the rims from in the States was closed, she tried calling them to confirm, because she said she believed the receipt was a fake, she ''seized'' my rims. I told her the receipt was legitimate, but she wouldn't believe me. Then she decided to call the manufacturer in Italy. So it's about 6 pm, on a Sunday and what are the chances of anyone answering the phone in Italy, a mainly Roman Catholic country on a Sunday night? So she comes back and says I spoke to an official with the manufacturing company and they said the rims are worth twice as much as you're receipt says. So again, she says she's seizing my rims. I have to pay a 25% (from what I remember) penalty on what she says the rims are worth otherwise the government gets to keep them. I paid the stupid penalty, filled out some forms and months later got my money back, but it just changed my attitude towards the border guards forever.
and she was just doing her job, those could have easily been stolen rims, she dosent know you, shes doing her job
Old 02-02-2006, 04:42 PM   #39
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

wow jstallin, i can definately see y u have so much trouble with any type of law enforcement individual......you dont respect anything of the sort. The min someone has alittle more power than you, u automatically get all anti-authority.
seems to me that you are attcaking everyones opinion, because you feel that your opinion is always right.

Now why is that? Im just curious to understand what it is exactly that drives you to be so against all other opinions if they dont agree or complimant yours?
please indulge me......
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:42 PM   #40
M3speed
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin
Yes, especially crooked ones.

but I've received the worst treatment by Toronto police.
and you received this bad treatment because you must be an innocent little angel who has never done anything wrong and never gave the "toronto police" a reason to interact with you right???
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:43 PM   #41
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3speed
and you received this bad treatment because you must be an innocent little angel who has never done anything wrong and never gave the "toronto police" a reason to interact with you right???
^ i 2nd that ^^^
hhhmmmm?? interesting comment
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #42
Primus
super blinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneVR!
^ i 2nd that ^^^
hhhmmmm?? interesting comment
vote for a POWNED PIC?