Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: should CBA carry guns?
yes, they need to protect themselves 18 45.00%
no they dont need them 12 30.00%
who cares? CBA officers are a joke 10 25.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2006, 12:14 PM   #16
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin
Actually, I've been to all the above, and fairly recently, and they gave me far less hassle than any american border guard.

I admit, I've yet to have a pleasant border crossing experience, and one in particular where I was detained for 4 hours, fingerprinted and car searched because some bitch border guard was having a bad day and needed to satisfy her ego. I never give anyone any attitude, and respect their job and it's tough and all, but guns will not solve anything. In fact, they'll lead to more problems than anything else.

To satisfy their ego? Canada's borders are LAUGHED AT by other countries. The U.S. is about to pop a vein over our border patrol. Really it has nothign to do with their ego. Its Policy. I know it sounds retarded but its true. Call revenue canada, we have the same policy, if you don't know exact numbers from your accounts, or hesitate for even 1 second when answering a question, the call is either terminated or your account is noted for increased confidentiality.

I'm not sure about how the CBA works.. but at my job, if I release any confidential (personal) information about anyone to an unauthorized person, not only will the gov't be held liable ... but I can face up to 5 years of jail time, be hit with a fine, and have a criminal record.

And we do get undercover quality control personel checking up on us. If you don't follow procedure you get in trouble.

p.s. I'm not trying to gang up and attack you on this thread,,, i'm just stating some facts... I do agree with a few of your statements, once in a while you do get a dick with a big ego... but hey... those jerks can be found in any line of work right>?

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #17
Primus
super blinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G

I do agree with a few of your statements, once in a while you do get a dick with a big ego... but hey... those jerks can be found in any line of work right>?
right, how many of us have complained about power hungry partol officers?

it goes both ways
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #18
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

I should correct myself, I'm aiming my critisism purely at the american border guards, I can't remember having trouble ever getting back into Canada.

But, you have to ask yourself what will having a gun solve? Will you expect them to use their guns? If not, you may end up with more custom officers dead. If so, you'll end up with innocents dead. A lose-lose situation.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #19
Primus
super blinger

Quote:
I should correct myself, I'm aiming my critisism purely at the american border guards, I can't remember having trouble ever getting back into Canada.

But, you have to ask yourself what will having a gun solve? Will you expect them to use their guns? If not, you may end up with more custom officers dead. If so, you'll end up with innocents dead. A lose-lose situation.
the guns are there for security to protect the officers, not to be flung around like wild west cowboys, an officer with a gun is more intimidating then a guy with a stick,

all amercian border patrols have pistols, and there doing just fine
Old 02-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #20
A~G
Car Payment Free

Quote:

Thats true, but if a border partrol guard shoots someone, he should be held to the same tribunal as a real officer. Prove that it was necessary in the court of law.

If not, then he/she should be charged with murder or however. Beleive me these types of charges alone are enough to make them think before shooting. Just like police, they never shoot unless their life is in danger.

A~G

Old 02-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #21
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

I'll give you an example of how useless guns are. Look at Brinks guards, they are armed. Does that stop them from getting robbed? Shit no, there's robberies every month on Brink trucks. They are instructed to never put their lives in danger for the sake of money, it's covered by insurance anyway. So it's utterly useless, they don't deter and they can't be used. Same will happen to border guards.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #22
Primus
super blinger

Quote:
I'll give you an example of how useless guns are. Look at Brinks guards, they are armed. Does that stop them from getting robbed? Shit no, there's robberies every month on Brink trucks. They are instructed to never put their lives in danger for the sake of money, it's covered by insurance anyway. So it's utterly useless, they don't deter and they can't be used. Same will happen to border guards.
no because we will be given the right to proctect ourselves and use force if nessicary, were not protecting money, we dont have insurance for our lives, its a completly different scenario,

people are robbing a brinks truck, they are not robbing the border, people robbing are interested in the cash, not killing
Old 02-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #23
A~G
Car Payment Free

Bottom line is... the world would be a better place without guns.

But then... what if aliens come from another planet and attack us.. how would we defend ourselves

j/k... ok ppl... nice debating with ya' .. i'm out to the bank... they froze all my accounts on the basis of fraud. (apparently someone copied my bank card)

A~G

Old 02-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #24
daytona
6th Gear Member

Stalin you have something against authourities?.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:33 PM   #25
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona
Stalin you have something against authourities?.
Yes, especially crooked ones.

I've had to pay bribes to Russian cops, interogated at length by French border agents, the works... but I've received the worst treatment by Toronto police.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #26
daytona
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Yes, especially crooked ones.

I've had to pay bribes to Russian cops, interogated at length by French border agents, the works... but I've received the worst treatment by Toronto police.

hahahh I knew you were going to mention the Toronto Police...
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #27
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
A wise man once said:

Giving these tits guns will just make their ego grow bigger and give them another way for them to abuse their power.

If there's a problem, then they should do what everyone else does, call real cops for help.
regular cops abuse their power, and they deal with bullshit allday long, now i think that it has nothing to do with them being rejects for not getting in on the force. Not everyone can be a cop, so they decide to continue in law enforcement, adn they show be allowed guns.
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:07 PM   #28
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona
hahahh I knew you were going to mention the Toronto Police...
Im getting too predictable
Old 02-02-2006, 01:21 PM   #29
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
they dont really look trained, and it would probbaly be more of a hazard if they carry one
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:23 PM   #30
A~G
Car Payment Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betray
they dont really look trained, and it would probbaly be more of a hazard if they carry one

I would think they'd give them training hours....

A~G

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: