Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-02-2006, 11:17 AM   #76
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldo

I could debate this topic in a better fashion, but you hardcore PETA people would be too close minded to even TRY to understand the facts!

You 'hardcore' PETA people? Is that your excuse for posting like an asshole? Dude, I donated $20... to a good cause (for the ethical treatment of animals) , I posted on here to give people an opportunity to read up on it (posted some links) etc. I'm not marching around the streets in protests etc. If you don't like it, post your opinion in a civilized manner and move on.

Instead of serious responses, I got a bunch of idiots ranting about how they're terrorists and started posting stupid pictures of their g/f's in fur coats and dead animals. Believe me, i'm not close minded, but next time post your opinions in a different way.

I go to the meets (know quite a few maxmembers) and you're all cool and down-to-earth. But on here, all it takes is one idiot to post stupid degrating things and you all jump on the bandwagon.

Grow up.

That is all.

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.

Last edited by A~G; 02-02-2006 at 11:21 AM.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #77
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
You 'hardcore' PETA people? Is that your excuse for posting like an asshole? Dude, I donated $20... to a good cause (for the ethical treatment of animals) , I posted on here to give people an opportunity to read up on it (posted some links) etc. I'm not marching around the streets in protests etc. If you don't like it, post your opinion in a civilized manner and move on.

Instead of serious responses, I got a bunch of idiots ranting about how they're terrorists and started posting stupid pictures of their g/f's in fur coats and dead animals. Believe me, i'm not close minded, but next time post your opinions in a different way.

I go to the meets (know quite a few maxmembers) and you're all cool and down-to-earth. But on here, all it takes is one idiot to post stupid degrating things and you all jump on the bandwagon.

Grow up.

That is all.

You are bein close minded, people have posted legitimate arguments on HOW they resemble a terrorist organization. You just refuse to actually take the time and read how GREAT PETA is.........

You gave $20? You sir are a humanitarian! Keep it to yourself, if you decide to post on a forum and try to get me to THROW AWAY $20 dollars, i'm gonna have to post otherwise!

I'd rather spend that $20 on CRACK since it would be going to a BETTER CAUSE. All these movie stars and music biz people that you see on PETA's advertisements, you think they do that stuff for free? HELLS NAH!

And because of your 'good cause' your just putting money in their pockets rather than donating to say a shelter (as was already mentioned) which would actually USE the money to help the animals!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:38 AM   #78
A~G
Car Payment Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldo
You are bein close minded, people have posted legitimate arguments on HOW they resemble a terrorist organization. You just refuse to actually take the time and read how GREAT PETA is.........

You gave $20? You sir are a humanitarian! Keep it to yourself, if you decide to post on a forum and try to get me to THROW AWAY $20 dollars, i'm gonna have to post otherwise!

I'd rather spend that $20 on CRACK since it would be going to a BETTER CAUSE. All these movie stars and music biz people that you see on PETA's advertisements, you think they do that stuff for free? HELLS NAH!

And because of your 'good cause' your just putting money in their pockets rather than donating to say a shelter (as was already mentioned) which would actually USE the money to help the animals!
... people say they're terrorists? why? Because animals have no real rights. Peta gets reports (video evidence) of animal abuse, they cannot go to the police... they set up protests etc.

If certain members of the group get out of hand and go out of control, burn things down etc.. its their choice. Peta clearly states they are apposed to violence etc. you cannot control when a few member decide to go extreme and break the law.

You're too cool buddy, go smoke some 'crack' .. omg.. thumbs up.

went from calling me an 'extreme PETA member' (without knowing the facts) ... to jumping the gun and calling me stupid for posting that I donated $20.

"keep it to yourself" I did keep it to myself... not untill now have I said anything about how I 'so extremelely' support them.

Take a few mins and read their website before jumping on the bandwagon you closed minded jackass.

I can't believe a simiple post like this has surfaced so much hate/immaturity.

A~G

Old 02-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #79
Blades
Your opinion is to long

PETA is to extreme and should be directing on saving animals that will be extinct if something isnt done but instead it focuses on smaller stupider issues and uses unessessary means to fix a problem .. I wouldn't donate a penny to them. I rather buy a shit load of animals from the humane society.
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:47 AM   #80
A~G
Car Payment Free

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=trent_fur

http://www.peta.com/mc/facts.asp

I leave you all with these....

I've seen just about enough of maxbimmer at its best. I'm not going to hold this against everyone, there are normal members, (most of which actually make it out to the meets and dont' hide at home)

No offense against anyone. I didn't mean to anger so many of you. I simply wanted to help fund a non-profit organization that helps animals. If you see them as terrorists because of a few incidents (out of PETA's control) , then its simple, do not contribute.

Later ppl.

A~G

Last edited by A~G; 02-02-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:48 AM   #81
A~G
Car Payment Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades
PETA is to extreme and should be directing on saving animals that will be extinct if something isnt done but instead it focuses on smaller stupider issues and uses unessessary means to fix a problem .. I wouldn't donate a penny to them. I rather buy a shit load of animals from the humane society.

Totally respect that opinion. Don't agree with it fully... but respect it.

A~G

Old 02-02-2006, 12:19 PM   #82
e36chick
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to e36chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=trent_fur

http://www.peta.com/mc/facts.asp

I leave you all with these....

I've seen just about enough of maxbimmer at its best. I'm not going to hold this against everyone, there are normal members, (most of which actually make it out to the meets and dont' hide at home)

No offense against anyone. I didn't mean to anger so many of you. I simply wanted to help fund a non-profit organization that helps animals. If you see them as terrorists because of a few incidents (out of PETA's control) , then its simple, do not contribute.

Later ppl.
i just watched this:

http://www.furisdead.com/feat-trentreznor.asp

it's sickening...i really dont know how people can condone this. i dont think you need to be a "hardcore PETA person" to feel disgust at this sort of thing.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:25 PM   #83
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

I think it's respectable to fight for rights, even those of animals. Most people don't realize that everything comes full circle, you pollute the water you eat contaminated fish, you endager species you run out of food sources.

Besides, nobody needs a fur coat.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:55 PM   #84
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin
I think it's respectable to fight for rights, even those of animals. Most people don't realize that everything comes full circle, you pollute the water you eat contaminated fish, you endager species you run out of food sources.

Besides, nobody needs a fur coat.
^^ I agree
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #85
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
I completely agree with you Adam, a lot of people are so immature here, I don't agree with Peta's ideas either, but you know what, you are right, the trolls here that start shit are the ones that never come to the meets!

They are too busy hiding behind the computer and stroking their cocks for some amusement.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:50 PM   #86
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36chick
i just watched this:...it's sickening...i really dont know how people can condone this. i dont think you need to be a "hardcore PETA person" to feel disgust at this sort of thing.
That was gross!

BMW7...I ain't no troll but I haven't been to a meet because I'm too far away Would you guys allow a Nissan owner to join ya?
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #87
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedMaxSE
That was gross!

BMW7...I ain't no troll but I haven't been to a meet because I'm too far away Would you guys allow a Nissan owner to join ya?
I'm talking about people who are local here.. Which is why I would think it would be much better if we got more non-local members. For example, BF is more laid back than us, and they don't have so many pissing contests we do.

But I guess it comes with a package of having a local forum...

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #88
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7
I'm talking about people who are local here.. Which is why I would think it would be much better if we got more non-local members. For example, BF is more laid back than us, and they don't have so many pissing contests we do.

But I guess it comes with a package of having a local forum...
I was just kidding bud
Old 02-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #89
A~G
Car Payment Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedMaxSE
I was just kidding bud

Hey if they can let a Mazda owner come... and now a VW owner.. i think you're more than welcome with your nissan.

We already have Vadim (blitzsix)

A~G

Old 02-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #90
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Cool...not sure I will put 1000 miles one way but it is tempting when seeing some of these vids.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: